What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On 5/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, Bonzo_fan said:

May 13, 1973 - Mobile -- Insane listening schedule for me the next little bit between Zepp and the Dead (two shows a day until the 27th!), so I'm listening to this a day early.  I know it gets talked about a fair bit, but I forgot how good Page's solo on OTHAFA is at this show 🔥 Without question a "must hear" show...

I do love that show - gotta pull it out for the car soon! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Strider said:

June 25, 1977. Fabulous Forum. A marvelous upgrade in sound from the old EVSD boot I had. If you aren't a subscriber to @ZepHead315's YouTube channel you are missing out.

https://m.youtube.com/watchv=znvmeq2om-m

He has a treasure trove there! Great work, ZepHead!! 

Right now...

Misty Mountain Hop - Dallas - May 18, 1973 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

June 25, 1977. Fabulous Forum. A marvelous upgrade in sound from the old EVSD boot I had. If you aren't a subscriber to @ZepHead315's YouTube channel you are missing out.

https://m.youtube.com/watchv=znvmeq2om-m

And what’s more, he’s a very generous guy. Been providing me with links to upgrades for a few years now. He’s a good bloke

On 5/14/2020 at 8:19 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Here you go Reids: 

And thanks for the shoutout everyone. 😁

Wait a second. Is your YouTube channel Led Zeppelin Boots? If so, thank you very much for the links! I've probably been a pest but I've been able to upgrade many shows (especially 77). Keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, Page Les Paul said:

Wait a second. Is your YouTube channel Led Zeppelin Boots? If so, thank you very much for the links! I've probably been a pest but I've been able to upgrade many shows (especially 77). Keep up the good work.

Yep. That's me! No problem! :) 

May 16-17, 1995 L.A. Forum.

Technically not Led Zeppelin. But it's the 25th anniversary of the 1995 Page & Plant Un-Ledded Tour hitting the Fabulous Forum and that is worth a shoutout.

I went both nights...May 16 and 17...and I am glad I did. Despite a few moments here and there, the 1980s were not a good decade for Jimmy Page. But Jimmy was on top of his game and in full control of his faculties in a way I had not seen since the 1970s. Jimmy was in full roar and the Forum audience responded in kind...It was one of the loudest, stoked to the gills audiences I have ever heard.

I know people who passed on going to the Page & Plant tour. They had memories of Live Aid and the Atlantic Records 40th and thought it would be a disaster along those lines. Those people blew it and after hearing bootlegs from the tour, most of them are filled with regret for not going.

R.I.P. Hossam Ramzy.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:08 PM, NegativeCrepe said:

Reading through I feel like this thread should be renamed the ZepHead315 Uploads Thread, most of the links are all from that channel lol

Lol. In all seriousness, I can stop posting my uploads here if people are getting annoyed by them.

31 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Lol. In all seriousness, I can stop posting my uploads here if people are getting annoyed by them.

Please keep posting your uploads here.  This is where I often first see them.  Your stuff is great and much appreciated.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

No, we love it!  Keep 'em coming!  Speaking of which, spinning the remaster you posted of 5/18/75 as we speak for the 45th anniversary!  Belongs in the Top 5 of '75 along with Seattle, Long Beach and the two Vancouver shows IMO.

Edited by Bonzo_fan

35 minutes ago, Strider said:

It is the 45th anniversary of Earls Court week. When it comes to EC, I prefer the May 17-18-23 ECs to the more known and bootlegged May 24-25 ECs.

20200521_130219.thumb.jpg.01119f5e6635a2a50eee664bb817f8bf.jpg

Just listened to both the 18th & 23rd and those were monster shows, Jimmy is really going crazy, just fantastic playing all around.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Just listened to both the 18th & 23rd and those were monster shows, Jimmy is really going crazy, just fantastic playing all around.

Everybody is on top form for the most part. I know some feel Plant is unlistenable in 1975 but he sounds better on the audience tapes than the soundboards.

Shame that Jones wore that ridiculous onion bauble jacket at EC instead of the far cooler and sharper outfit he wore on the 1975 U.S. tour.