Jimmy to tour in 2011

Led Zep Girl

As they say in behavioral circles, "the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior". In the 30 years since Led Zeppelin, Jimmy has worked sporadically at best, and the older he gets, it's even less likely to change. It's been 10 years since his tour with the Black Crowes. What's he done since then? Very little. He either doesn't want to, or doesn't know how to go about doing it.

As they say in behavioral circles, "the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior". In the 30 years since Led Zeppelin, Jimmy has worked sporadically at best, and the older he gets, it's even less likely to change. It's been 10 years since his tour with the Black Crowes. What's he done since then? Very little. He either doesn't want to, or doesn't know how to go about doing it.

Mattmc,

I pretty much agree with what you say. Why did JP go to the bother of taking on new management and starting the process of putting up a website? If he wanted to retire, he should have just said so, and everyone would have respected his decision. By saying he would like to do some concerts in 2011, it naturally raises expectations. It was the same scenario this time last year.

Mattmc,

I pretty much agree with what you say. Why did JP go to the bother of taking on new management and starting the process of putting up a website? If he wanted to retire, he should have just said so, and everyone would have respected his decision. By saying he would like to do some concerts in 2011, it naturally raises expectations. It was the same scenario this time last year.

I can understand having a manager to handle requests and take care of organising any personal appearances/interviews Jimmy does. It was the same scenario of last year with no results and I dare say I fear 2011 may be the same (despite very much wishing to be wrong!!!!). If he is in his heart retired, I don't know why he won't just say so unless he isn't ready to admit it to his fans? Really have no idea but I'd rather he say that than keep promising something he's not going to deliver :(

Mattmc,

That's what I'm saying. Don't know why it's taking so long but there's no way Jimmy talks in such great detail about musical plans, hires new management, and launches a new website without the very real intention of doing something IMO...

Jimmy is a very private and secretive man, always was and always will be. I really hope that he has something he is working on. He hasn't played live steadily in what 10 years (JP & Crowes)? If he is working on something top secret and if whoever is involved "spills the beans", they may be "Swinging On The Gallows Pole!" LOL!!

This is from a new interview with Jason Bonham, he's under the impression Jimmy is still working on his new material:

After that, you were working on new music with Page and Jones. What did it sound like?

Yes, but as a separate entity. I don't think it was ever going to be Led Zeppelin. Some cool riff-based stuff, some acoustic stuff. I think Jimmy is still working on that stuff now. I look forward to hearing that. Jimmy was playing amazingly.

This is from a new interview with Jason Bonham, he's under the impression Jimmy is still working on his new material:

After that, you were working on new music with Page and Jones. What did it sound like?

Yes, but as a separate entity. I don't think it was ever going to be Led Zeppelin. Some cool riff-based stuff, some acoustic stuff. I think Jimmy is still working on that stuff now. I look forward to hearing that. Jimmy was playing amazingly.

mstork,

Thanks - this is the most hopeful news I've heard about Jimmy producing something new. Let's hope it comes to fruition.:)

mstork,

Thanks - this is the most hopeful news I've heard about Jimmy producing something new. Let's hope it comes to fruition.:)

2-3 years ago Rolling Stone reported he was working on a solo album that would incorporate a different guitar on each track but apparently nothing ever became of that either.

2-3 years ago Rolling Stone reported he was working on a solo album that would incorporate a different guitar on each track but apparently nothing ever became of that either.

Jahfin,

Being a fan of JP can be very frustrating - I emailed his management company yesterday to ask if there was any progress with JP's new website - I received no answer. I've emailed them again today, and I'm still waiting. I figure that his management company are as much in the dark as everyone else. If I get a reply from them, I'll post it on the site, but as I've said elsewhere, it will probably be non-committal.:)

[/quot

Your memory is correct. I wish you didn't remind me of that. Jimmy needs a lyricist {always did}, but he could still do a instrumental album. I find it ironic that in the movie "It Might Get Loud " Jack White speaks of not resting on past glories . Which Jimmy has been doing. Heck even Roger Daltrey is fustrated with Jimmy . Like Daltrey said "What a waste of talent".

Jahfin,

Being a fan of JP can be very frustrating - I emailed his management company yesterday to ask if there was any progress with JP's new website - I received no answer. I've emailed them again today, and I'm still waiting. I figure that his management company are as much in the dark as everyone else. If I get a reply from them, I'll post it on the site, but as I've said elsewhere, it will probably be non-committal.:)

I would love to hear some new music from Page but I'm not so caught up in it that I'd ever feel compelled to contact his management. If it happens, it happens, my entire world doesn't hinge on it.

I would love to hear some new music from Page but I'm not so caught up in it that I'd ever feel compelled to contact his management. If it happens, it happens, my entire world doesn't hinge on it.

There have been others before on this site who have contacted his management about when Jimmy's site will go live. His management have a contact email for anyone who wishes to contact them about their artists. I do not feel 'compelled' to do anything, and no, my entire world does not hinge on it either.

He's like that old relative who says he won't take the trip to the family home for Christmas this year because he's so frail and weak but then ends up doing it anyway. Every year. :rolleyes:

In the years since the Ahmet tribute Robert has won grammies, released two albums (Okay so Raising Sand was in 2007 but hey...) and toured Europe and the USA twice. JPJ hasn't had these kind of reviews since his Led Zeppelin days. So it's still possible for to do big stuff but maybe he's afraid to take the leap. Perhaps the fiasco of the Coverdale/Page tour fiasco still sits with him, and I believe a fair few of the Outrider shows were half-full as well?

Perhaps the fiasco of the Coverdale/Page tour fiasco still sits with him, and I believe a fair few of the Outrider shows were half-full as well?

Jimmy's tours in '85, '86, '88 & '93 saw lackluster ticket sales. However, he hasn't toured in over ten years and a new generation of fans have come along to join the older fans. There is no doubt a Jimmy Page tour in 2011 would play to capacity crowds, but there is a lot of doubt it will ever happen at all.

Jimmy's tours in '85, '86, '88 & '93 saw lackluster ticket sales. However, he hasn't toured in over ten years and a new generation of fans have come along to join the older fans. There is no doubt a Jimmy Page tour in 2011 would play to capacity crowds, but there is a lot of doubt it will ever happen at all.

Obviously depending on the venues, I think Jimmy would work really well in intimate venues like Robert has been playing, spicing it up with some festivals along the way. I too believe he can play big crowds... but Jimmy seems to not let go of those things easily...

Obviously depending on the venues, I think Jimmy would work really well in intimate venues like Robert has been playing, spicing it up with some festivals along the way. I too believe he can play big crowds... but Jimmy seems to not let go of those things easily...

It was actually David Coverdale who insisted they play arena-sized venues in '93. Jimmy was up for anything but David was adamant and ultimately it cost them both a USA tour.

Archived