JIMMY PAGE LAUNCHES OFFICIAL WEBSITE

sam_webmaster

Okay, that's it...Sam, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. It's painfully obvious so far that Jimmy needs a fact-checker and proofreader for his site, and I'm volunteering. As a bonus, I come cheap.

Last time I checked the site, he still hadn't "The Song Remains the Same" or Roy Harper's "Stormcock" listed in the discography. The concert dates were still missing the 9-20-83 ARMS show at RAH, and the times he played with Bad Company in 1974 and 1976.

I know about 1976 because I was there...both Robert and Jimmy joined Bad Company for the encore at the LA Forum, May 26(or 28?...I don't have my archives handy), 1976. I believe it was Plant's first appearance on a stage since his accident.

So Sam, tell Jimmy I'm available to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb.

Go for it!! yesnod.gif He needs to fix the Houston dates as well. watchingyou.gif

I find this part of the interview rather ironic:

"PM: Were you aware of the other Jimmy Page websites and did that add to the importance of doing your own?

JP: Well not really because they were clearly fan websites and that's really great. When you've got fans and especially ones committed to doing websites, it's OK. The only problem I have is when inaccuracies pop up and gain a life of their own. Over the years with the Internet and forums, urban musical myths start to change what actually happened at the time. And then it comes into the world of Twitter and blogging, of which I'm going to be doing neither."

Ummm...Jimmy darling, you want to go over that one again?tongue.gif

Maybe the feedback I gave them helped, I'm happy they just changed The Firm's Arizona date from the outdoor Compton Terrace(where it was not held) to where it was held, the ASU Activity Center.

What is the purpose of having an account?

It's also the only way you can look into the site. You have to register to look inside it. You can't see One This Day or any of the other things without doing that.

Thanks TSRTS but the link is not working for me . No worries though, I'm sure you're correct about some people clicking for the sake of it but then, not everyone is.Something tells me that I may actually know one or both of these..clickers :D

Hats off to Jadoreashley who managed to see virtually every concert Zep played during their first year on the road, completed missed out the whole of the 1970's :slapface: (why bother..they probably weren't up to snuff during that decade), and then caught all the gigs they played from 1980 onwards!

:rolleyes:

I've already submitted my feedback on the more glaring inaccuracies with the listings.

Give it time, people.....

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing limited addition collector items for sale on THE OFFICAL website of Jimmy Page...

You have to admit, it's a perfect place to hawk stuff. Official stuff, of course. :D

myshoe-2.jpg

BTW, They are a one of a kind, and not for sale. Maybe I can get Jimmy to sign them! :P

Errors aside, I think it's pretty cool that Page is using "On This Day" to give props to people other than just himself.

Page's humbleness always impresses me. Can't wait for some more mistakes tomorrow.

I agree, humility is a great virtue.

He's a class act, that Mr. Page. LOVE that rather menacing but gorgeous photo of JP on today's page, re the Madison Square Garden concerts being filmed.

I always got the impression that Ritchie Blackmore was... shall we say very influenced by Pagey's look and image and tried to copy it. I could be wrong.

He's a class act, that Mr. Page. LOVE that rather menacing but gorgeous photo of JP on today's page, re the Madison Square Garden concerts being filmed.

I always got the impression that Ritchie Blackmore was... shall we say very influenced by Pagey's look and image and tried to copy it. I could be wrong.

Joe Perry of Aerosmith during the late 1970's look was ALL Jimmy. Check out some pics of him and see for yourself.

Blackmore was also a occultist with a goth look on stage that ran similiar to Jimmy's but Jimmy did it miles better.

It originally appeared on this album released circa 1975:

sonnyboy.jpg

Oh wow, a boot of the Sonny Boy Williamson sessions -- how's the music, Steve?

Quoth Nirvana: "Joe Perry of Aerosmith during the late 1970's look was ALL Jimmy. Check out some pics of him and see for yourself."

For real. I think the Jimmy action figures actually look more like Joe.

P.S. Several Forum members mentioned that JP's web site has photo prints for sale autographed by the Dark Lord himself. Where on the site can one find these, or are they not yet available? Thank u kindly.

Oh wow, a boot of the Sonny Boy Williamson sessions -- how's the music, Steve?

Can I interrupt this thread with a question about Springboard Records? What device of publishing law allows them to exist? I can't count how many times I've looked at the back of the SB w/JP or their Yardbirds w/JB and tried to imagine how Rod Stewart, The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Tina Turner, Jimmy Page and The Yardbirds got onto this label.. seems like a gas station Hendrix cassette type of label.

Can I interrupt this thread with a question about Springboard Records? What device of publishing law allows them to exist? I can't count how many times I've looked at the back of the SB w/JP or their Yardbirds w/JB and tried to imagine how Rod Stewart, The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Tina Turner, Jimmy Page and The Yardbirds got onto this label.. seems like a gas station Hendrix cassette type of label.

Pickwick was the same way. I have a Hendrix release on vinyl from that label that is very iffy. Sounds like someone in their garage with a wah-wah pedal doing a Hendrix impersonation and not a very impressive one at that. To top it off, it's all instrumental.

Archived