JIMMY PAGE LAUNCHES OFFICIAL WEBSITE

sam_webmaster

registered as LED HED.

no adjustment needed on my end, text is easy to read, brightness is good, maybe becuz my monitor is CALIBRATED properly (i'm into photography, therefore my monitor needs to produce color properly).

No...It's because they fixed the site.

Actually there have been many improvements already to Jimmy's site. The blue - gold thing is gone and replaced with cool parchment

type pages which are very easy to read and cool looking too.

Also the "On this Day" feature is in full form and is really the best item on the site.

The site is so much faster now it's hard to believe it's the same site really.

So far - so good!

Actually there have been many improvements already to Jimmy's site. The blue - gold thing is gone and replaced with cool parchment

type pages which are very easy to read and cool looking too.

Also the "On this Day" feature is in full form and is really the best item on the site.

The site is so much faster now it's hard to believe it's the same site really.

So far - so good!

It's on the Home Page where it should be. I had a hard time finding it until it appeared here. This site will only get better. I can only imagine what will get here on this Page eventually. We could be amazed, but who knows. I just wish the "On This Day" feature wouldn't disappear after a day. Loved the Duane Eddy song. I may miss some of these down the road when I go on vacation. I hope someone here finds a way to archive it on their own, but I won't mention who.

Love the site, but with like any other new site, it takes a while to get used to and for them to work the bugs out. Just think how many times Sam has updated and made improvements here over the years and have the great site that we do. Really looking forward to the changes on a daily basis and especially "On" This Day". Something to really look forward to ...and hopefully some new music and a tour shortly! :thumbsup:

Ok. now that the sleep deprivation has worn off, I've gotten a chance to get a fresh look at the site.. the selection of photos really is underwhelming, especially considering the watermark issues, like SAJ noted. I keep getting page errors, too. I understand a LOT of people are trying to access it and that was expected when it launched this morning but 12+ hours later I'm still getting errors.. I can't access the discography page at all but, from what I've heard, you only have the option to 'favourite' certain albums. I was expecting something a little more interactive. I do love that the front page has changed to reflect the date.. new layout, new sound clip, and a JP anecdote to go along with it. That is cool.. but other than that, I'm just trying to figure out if they're going to launch more site features or if this is it. I'm not particularly well versed in show date/tour chronology like some of the expert members here but even I noticed a discrepancy in some early Yardy tourdates... specifically some Dick Clark Caravan of Stars tour dates. I mean, if I'm noticing that I can't imagine how it might be driving some of you up the wall to see those kinds of errors and omissions. Finally, the misspellings.. they had a countdown so it's not like they didn't have a specific time frame in regards to when this all had to be ready to go. I love the aesthetic quality of the site... very VERY Jimmy and very exciting to have a new place to poke around at. I'm very glad to have been able to experience this... I'm sure all the kinks will be worked out soon. :)

It's on the Home Page where it should be. I had a hard time finding it until it appeared here. This site will only get better. I can only imagine what will get here on this Page eventually. We could be amazed, but who knows. I just wish the "On This Day" feature wouldn't disappear after a day. Loved the Duane Eddy song. I may miss some of these down the road when I go on vacation. I hope someone here finds a way to archive it on their own, but I won't mention who.

Love the site, but with like any other new site, it takes a while to get used to and for them to work the bugs out. Just think how many times Sam has updated and made improvements here over the years and have the great site that we do. Really looking forward to the changes on a daily basis and especially "On" This Day". Something to really look forward to ...and hopefully some new music and a tour shortly! :thumbsup:

I agree with you, SuperDave.

The errors don't bother me in the least. They will be fixed in due time. I am a perfectionist myself, but I don't expect perfection in others. I am sure that the site content will evolve and continue to improve. Just look at the improvements made already since the site opened this morinig. Patience is a virtue!

I guess that you will just have to check in everyday so that you won't miss the new postings from Jimmy as to what happened "On This Day". I am sure that someone will be able to keep an archive of his posts.

i don't get to see the original home page anymore, the one that i was seeing the first few times i opened the website.

now when i go to the website, i am taken straight to the page with the dwayne eddy story, even when i log out.

anyone else get this?

i don't get to see the original home page anymore, the one that i was seeing the first few times i opened the website.

now when i go to the website, i am taken straight to the page with the dwayne eddy story, even when i log out.

anyone else get this?

That's normal.

The "home page" will change every day according to this page:

http://www.jimmypage.com/news/your-guide-to-jimmypagecom

That's normal.

The "home page" will change every day according to this page:

http://www.jimmypage.com/news/your-guide-to-jimmypagecom

yes, i knew that that page will change every day, but what happened to the original home page? is it gone for good? the one that was mostly red in colour, and had links ( tho they didn't work for me).

Well, I registered this morning at about 10 AM (NZ time) with the same username I have on the forums (Kiwi_Zep_Fan87). Honestly, there is nothing on that website which excites me. I am glad I didn't stay up all night for it's launch! I don't think it would have been worth it! Sheesh! :wacko: Sorry I sound like a wet blanket! :unsure: Anyway, congrats Jimmy, on the new website! :)

I guess my interest in that website will increase if Jimmy decides to put a couple of samples of some new material he has been working on B)

I have been going around the live section and seeing how many people attended different gigs that I went to. There were 200 members that went to the 02 show! That's the most I have seen so far, even beat out Knebworth. Also noticing some familiar names being used. Definitely easier to navigate through than this morning.

Patience people.

The longest part of any journey is the first step.

Did we really want everything at once?

I mentioned in another thread there'd be whingers and hard to pleasers online venting their Spleen en masse.

Then as it was, then again it will be...

I see this site evolving very quickly with the help of the members and their POSITIVE feedback.

Okay I'm really digging the "On this Day" thing. The first one was pretty cool, was about a BBC interview Page did in 2010. But my question is why not save this stuff instead of just letting it go bye bye?

these things are easily archived. if you are really anal you could take a screen shot for the visual, cut out the indivual items as jpgsand just grab the audio with audio recording software. shove it into a folder with the screenshot as its cover and over time you'll have a lovely library.

i will do this for the really good bits that hopefully turn up one day, but yesterday's piece and today's interview are nice to listen to once, but definitely not worth keeping.

The website has improved so much already. The problem with reading the text has been sorted, which was my main gripe yesterday. The site itself seems to be running smoothly now. Jimmy must have 1000s of photos he could of uploaded on there for the launch. I expect he's holding lots of things back so we have something to look forward to in the future. I am just happy that he finally has his own official site. :)

The problem I had getting into the site after I had logged in, was solved by allowing all cookies -- so I'm in !!!

Just for grins, I entered the user name "zoso" in the address bar, to view that member's concerts, and I got the reply "ACCESS DENIED"

So, perhaps Zoso is reserved for the Man himself !

I submitted two technical requests in the help address:

1. The Puff Daddy listing in the Discography for "Come With Me" needs a box to be able to select it as a Favorite, and it IS a Favorite for me. :D

2. I made a request for dates where Jimmy guested with others to be included in the Live listings, ie Jimmy's appearance (s) with Bad Co. in 1974.

BTY, Use the Back button on the site often, as that saves you time in the Live section, and takes you back to the exact year and dates you were just looking at....

The site needs lots more photos of Jimmy, particularly from birth to the Yardbirds ! ! :yesnod:

these things are easily archived. if you are really anal you could take a screen shot for the visual, cut out the indivual items as jpgsand just grab the audio with audio recording software. shove it into a folder with the screenshot as its cover and over time you'll have a lovely library.

i will do this for the really good bits that hopefully turn up one day, but yesterday's piece and today's interview are nice to listen to once, but definitely not worth keeping.

Thanks for the info!

yes, i knew that that page will change every day, but what happened to the original home page? is it gone for good? the one that was mostly red in colour, and had links ( tho they didn't work for me).

The facebook link saved it, so I was able to get it. I didn't know in time either, slave to zep. If we are going to save anything, it has to be like a screencap the day its up.

267741_10150262664957612_9366537611_7529630_2791256_n.jpg

jpcom.jpg

Thank you, Sam.

2. I made a request for dates where Jimmy guested with others to be included in the Live listings, ie Jimmy's appearance (s) with Bad Co. in 1974.

I made the same request, giving Jimmy's 1974 appearance with Bad at the Schaefer Music Festival as an example.

One of my friends gave me a heads up on this error this morning and we've already submitted feedback:

Venue name error 1975 Photos

I was hoping there would be a forum, like on this site, where we could send messages of goodwill and encouragement to Jimmy.

".... and an online shop retailing collectable and limited edition items such as high-­-quality fine art prints signed by both Jimmy and the photographer, plus some exciting and exclusive musical releases." I am sure these items will be of interest to all you archivists out there. May we assume that the photographer signing the prints will be Ross?

I was hoping there would be a forum, like on this site, where we could send messages of goodwill and encouragement to Jimmy.

".... and an online shop retailing collectable and limited edition items such as high-­-quality fine art prints signed by both Jimmy and the photographer, plus some exciting and exclusive musical releases." I am sure these items will be of interest to all you archivists out there. May we assume that the photographer signing the prints will be Ross?

One could assume that but the new and exclusive photos that have posted on the website so far were credited to Jimmy's daughter Scarlet, who is a fine photographer in her own right...

I'm really digging it, especially the Sessions section. It will settle a lot of arguments, finally. Turns out that IS Jimmy playing on Donovan's Hurdy-Gurdy Man after all.

And the Plumpton home studio photos - phwoah!

Archived