JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

So far as I know Outrider was always meant to be an album of all original new material. Though TKoR was recorded it seems to me it was just an invigorating warm up for that first day in the studio.

Ah okay Steve, well I wouldnt have minded if it was on the disk, pretty good version IMO.

Possible. Maybe JP will release a remastered Outrider that includes this and a few others that werent included or were stolen. Even better how about some live shows from the Outrider tour, some of Jimmys best live performances post Zeppelin IMO.

Or even better than that how about some all new material!

12/20/11

122011.jpg

1220111.jpg

1220112.jpg

1220113.jpg

....magnificent entry today -

Here is the review of the show from our timeline, very timely in detail......in additon to the video presented of Peter Grant which was amazing to see, as it was presented in SAJ Mystery Section quite some time ago......

Official Site Timeline Review.....

http://www.ledzeppel...om/node/649/160

Conneyfogle's Full Concert with tks...

I'm sure I did as my father at one time worked in NYC at 48th and 6th which was the old McGraw Hill building. I don't know what it is now, but I'm sure I passed by it numerous times. Just wish I knew the significance then.

Small world, SuperDave...my grandparents worked for McGraw-Hill but at the old, old building on W 42nd. They retired before the company moved to 48th and 6th, where your father worked.

BLowupYB.jpg

12/18/11

blowupposter121811.jpg

I love this OTD. I took a film appreciation class in high school and this was one of the films that the teacher screened for us (and had us deconstruct and analyze to shreds). It was during the latter half of the 1970's and I remember most of us were over LZ by then (or so we thought): as soon as Jimmy came on screen there was a collective "awww" from all the girls (including me) in the room. :) Veruschka was certainly an exquisite beauty but when I see old photos of Charlotte Martin during her modeling days I think she was equally beautiful.

.....tks aen27,

.....here is an interesting interview, I read before with the famed Film Director...I can only say, I wish Jimmy would have involved himself in Film, compositions, etc. more over the years...we will always keep on wishing...I love Deatwish, Lucifer, and this too...........

Interview with Michelangelo Antonioni

Roger Ebert / June 19, 1969

http://rogerebert.su...EOPLE/906190301

Thank you for the interview, PlanetPage...it's very interesting!

Although my favorite LZ albums are not the later ones, when someone recently asked me, if given the chance, what recording sessions (of any artists) would I choose to observe, in addition to the Beatles at Abbey Road, Hendrix at Olympic, LZ at Bron-Yr-Aur, I picked LZ at the Polar Studios primarily because of my curiosity about the atmosphere in the room and the dynamic between the members at that time.

It looks stunning but it's a really random bit of info for an On This Day

No disrespect to Jimmy or his staff but I think he may have the date for the 2007 Winter Solstice wrong (unless it falls on a different date in England...I'm in the U.S.). The Winter Solstice fell on the 22nd in 2007 - it will be on the 22nd this year too.

2j0ntlc.jpg

No disrespect to Jimmy or his staff but I think he may have the date for the 2007 Winter Solstice wrong (unless it falls on a different date in England...I'm in the U.S.). The Winter Solstice fell on the 22nd in 2007 - it will be on the 22nd this year too.

2j0ntlc.jpg

A lot of disrespect to them actually... No one is surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if they put up a Happy Christmas message on the 26th!

A lot of disrespect to them actually... No one is surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if they put up a Happy Christmas message on the 26th!

Haha! :)

I found it a little strange too, and bit dull after the fun one he did for yesterday. I also can not read French.

The last few have been excellent. I imagine Jimmy is taking a little break (maybe getting ready for the Winter Solstice ;) )

Jimmy Page on this day, source is the website of the Aleister Crowley Society:

Posted by lashtal on in 28° : in 24° : dies : Anno IVxi (Dec 20, 2003 - 10:54 PM)

Jimmy Page was at an Award Ceremony today in Guildford, Surrey...

Also at the event were Brian May and Dave Grohl.

Jimmy's looking very well and remains remarkably charismatic but approachable. He graciously signed my small hardback copy of The Book Of The Law.

Thank you, Jimmy!

Further below this page:

I went to the Riffathon 2003 which was held at the University of Surrey yesterday.

As part of the proceedings, Jimmy Page unveiled a commemorative plaque celebrating the debut performance of Led Zeppelin...

The Riffathon was opened up by a superb acoustic set by Newton Battenberg Faulkner, whose unique two-handed approach to using the fretboard of an acoustic guitar was a real joy to experience.

After a wait of about 50 minutes, Jimmy & Jimena Page plus the other judges that also included Brian May of Queen, entered the room to a standing ovation, mainly meant for Jimmy I'm sure. After a welcome speech from Ian Edwards, the creator of the Riffathon, Jimena Page made an articulate speech that covered the work of ABC Trust, the Riffathon and thanked the sponsors & judges for all the support.

http://www.lashtal.c...Article77.phtml

Jimmy Page on this day, source is the website of the Aleister Crowley Society:

Don't look into that too much. That Lashtal website has a lot of Jimmy info on it, those dates just must be ones that JimmyPage.com needed to fill in for a date and Lashtal had info on Jimmy on that date, and JP.com refrenced Lashtal as thats where they got the info from.

Don't look into that too much. That Lashtal website has a lot of Jimmy info on it, those dates just must be ones that JimmyPage.com needed to fill in for a date and Lashtal had info on Jimmy on that date, and JP.com refrenced Lashtal as thats where they got the info from.

I'll keep that in mind. The point is that on a given date there are several events from which to choose and the editorial team make their choice. Like a couple of days ago, when Jimmy Page had received the Order of the British Empire for his work in Brazil, Jimmy Page on This Day announced something else but overlooked the OBE ceremony.

Archived