JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Me too. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it to put here.

...thanks AEN27 for all your updates, very appreciative of you...........

XYZ project has been discussed over the years in this Forum and I have followed the discussions, including the most recent ones - I am very happy Jimmy is sharing his unique collection of music with the fans in many diffierent presentations....while I listened to the audio of the day, I can't help wish that Page would contribute more to composing music...He is extremely humble in his comments about the mix he presented to the short lived Super Group..the mix is so lively and you can feel the energy in his music right from the beginning from his session days to Yardbirds and forward on..energy in his gutiar playing is never missed, it's always there, ...this is 1981 afterall...

...It would be great if he could somehow include this in his future project...

From the material I heard XYZ could have been something REALLY good IMO. A great mixture of progessive and hard rock, similar to Rush maybe.

I would really hate to think Jimmy nixed it simply because Plant didnt want to be involved. That would be tough for me to swallow as a fan.

From the material I heard XYZ could have been something REALLY good IMO. A great mixture of progessive and hard rock, similar to Rush maybe.

I would really hate to think Jimmy nixed it simply because Plant didnt want to be involved. That would be tough for me to swallow as a fan.

...XYZ was great creative idea for Jimmy, but association with Robert Plant, as a Lead Singer, remains to date too strong.....

and AEN 27, I love today's entry, I love to see what Jimmy did during the gaps of Led Zeppelin Timeline....Today's entry is from Jan'77, just some personal memories of school year came by (I knew that Led Zeppelin would come next door U.S. to play concerts, just few hours from us across the East Coast);

...Richard Cole writes that Jimmy/Family and Richard himself took a vacation at the end of '77 tour to Guadeloupe (I suppose he went eventually)

..YMA SUMAC - Chuncho...........very fascinating and (some familiar sounds to me personally) choice of "Colors and Textures" by Jimmy in this creative video today

...Richard Cole writes that Jimmy/Family and Richard himself took a vacation at the end of '77 tour to Guadeloupe (I suppose he went eventually)

Jimmy, Charlotte and Scarlet took a nearly two-week-long vacation with Richard Cole to Guadeloupe. It may have been in August 1977. Awaiting confirmation.

So it seems Jimmy only made it as far as Mexico prior to 1977 tour rehearsals held later the same month at Manticore in Fulham (London).

And of course Jimmy visited Egypt between legs of the tour that year. Nice vacations to unwind during this hectic year...well, the first 8 months.

Either the website made an error with geography, or Jimmy because Mexico is in North America--not South America.

Either the website made an error with geography, or Jimmy because Mexico is in North America--not South America.

And the photo shown is of Chichen Itza in the Yucatan, not Teotihuacan where the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon are. But dang, this is another fascinating and awesome entry. Thank you, Lord Page!!

He said he was on his way to "Guadalupa" which I took to mean Guadalupe in Mexico? We may never know, not unless one of our Forum members manages to score an invite to Pagey's next solstice party -- then we can ask the master himself.

He said he was on his way to "Guadalupa" which I took to mean Guadalupe in Mexico? We may never know, not unless one of our Forum members manages to score an invite to Pagey's next solstice party -- then we can ask the master himself.

I took it to mean that he was on his way to Guadalupa, which is an island to the northeast of Venezuela. (Still might not count as "South America", though.)

12/30/11

123011.jpg

I enjoyed reading Jimmy's description of this show and like how he recognized that many of the high school and college age fans who had come to see the band were there to follow the "incarnations of musicians on their journey" - this was very true of some of my older friends who did follow Jimmy on his journey from the Yardbirds to LZ and were at some of Zep's earliest shows.

...I will add the review here from the Gonzaga Univeristy Bulletin:

42 years ago: Led Zeppelin at Gonzaga

http://www.gonzagabu...20#.Tv0is_JfldQ

...and as we all know Richard Cole has written about the most fascinating adventures in Spokane in his Legendary Piece of Work - Stairway to Heaven....

...I have listened to all the songs many times before, really love Jimmy's description "classical Symphony"...

Interesting review about this show from the college paper. I have seen many bands/musicians play the college circuit but never LZ...I can imagine that it must have been magic, to have seen them at such an early stage in their evolution as a band.

I remember reading what Richard had to say about that journey...he seemed to go on for several pages and included near-verbatim dialogue quotes...I always felt a bit of skepticism about some of his tales.

I agree that Dazed and Confused is like a classical symphony. I can still picture my friend's older brother, walking down the stairs, arms outstretched like a ring master, announcing: "This is Led Zeppelin!"...and then the first notes of Dazed and Confused would play...the memory still gives me goosebumps.

I would never come back to relay the answer.

He should have stated that he was in Mexico but he was originally slated to visit Guadalupa,?(Whichever one it was)

The Whiskey ........

1969 Shows

January 2-5, 1969 Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper

Led Zeppelin were on their first American tour. The first night at the Whisky was only the band’s fifth show in the United States. The first album had been recorded, but not released, so while Jimmy Page was remembered from the Yardbirds, the group was completely unknown.

According to Alice Cooper, the two unknown bands flipped a coin the first night to see who would go on first. Jimmy Page does not remember that specifically, but agreed that such decisions were often decided this casually between bands.

January 6-8, 1969 Buddy Miles Express, Alice Cooper

Led Zeppelin was replaced the last few days by Buddy Miles as a number of band members got the flu.

The Whiskey Shows Source Link.........

http://www.chickenon...o%20History.htm

I remember reading how (some of) the band members had the flu. Was this the same visit to LA that Robert talks about when he mentions meeting Janis Joplin? Didn't he say something about being ill and how Janis fussed over him like a little bird, giving him orange juice?

Jimmy, Charlotte and Scarlet took a nearly two-week-long vacation with Richard Cole to Guadeloupe. It may have been in August 1977. Awaiting confirmation.

So it seems Jimmy only made it as far as Mexico prior to 1977 tour rehearsals held later the same month at Manticore in Fulham (London).

Steve, I think we had this discussion here before - or maybe I had it somewhere else with someone else - and I think a photo surfaced of Richard (and maybe Jimmy and his family) on a boat or the beach. I believe it was Guadeloupe/Guadalupa in the Caribbean. We had a property there and it had been (still is?) part of France so I thought Jimmy's choice to vacation there may have had to do with Charlotte.

I remember reading how (some of) the band members had the flu. Was this the same visit to LA that Robert talks about when he mentions meeting Janis Joplin? Didn't he say something about being ill and how Janis fussed over him like a little bird, giving him orange juice?

...Hi MSG, I remember about this meeting also, Texas Pop Festival backstage it was.....

Here is the Forum Discussion:

Video Robert discussing Meeting Janis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCyGHr35To

Archived