JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

01/09/2012

1912.jpg

I played the Albert Hall with Led Zeppelin

Every member of the band was nervous and for good reason. We had played the Albert Hall previously on the Pop Proms, but today in 1970 we were to headline our own show at the most prestigious venue at that time. During the previous year we had been putting in a lot of time in America and recorded the second album, released on 22nd October 1969. It was going to be a critical test of our ability; not only to our fans, but to the press and our families and all in attendance that evening. That evening I met Charlotte, my daughter Scarlet's mother.

Also on this day in 1969 was the first night at The Fillmore in San Fransisco; my birthday and an historic night for Led Zeppelin.

......Historic, for the entire World ...James Patrick Page, One of the Most Beatiful Artists, in every way, was given to us to bring this world closer together, his beauty, charm, grace bring so many fans together world over to celebrate his Greatest Gift From God, Led Zeppelin.........

......Historic, for the entire World ...James Patrick Page, One of the Most Beatiful Artists, in every way, was given to us to bring this world closer together, his beauty, charm, grace bring so many fans together world over to celebrate his Greatest Gift From God, Led Zeppelin.........

He said it all in this. He never disspoints. It's so romantic that he even mentions Charlotte. I hope he has a fabolous day. :D I love tonights.

He said it all in this. He never disspoints. It's so romantic that he even mentions Charlotte. I hope he has a fabolous day. :D I love tonights.

....it was somewhat discussed also on this Forum that Jimmy may have met Charlotte earlier ie. '69, but Jimmy himself confirms the writing of Richard Cole in Stairway to Heaven that Jimmy met Charlotte Backgstage RAH...

Here are the Boston Globe articles associated with the canceled Boston Feb. 4, 1975 date - they provide a timeline of all relevant events:

December 31, 1974:

th_74-12-31BostonGlobe.jpg

Jan. 7, 1975:

th_75-01-07paint.jpg

January 8, 1975:

th_75-01-08BostonGlobe.jpg

th_75-01-08BostonGlobea.jpg

January 9, 1975:

th_75-01-09BostonGlobe.jpg

January 10, 1975:

th_75-01-10BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 14, 1975:

th_75-01-14BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 17, 1975:

th_75-01-17BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 20, 1975:

th_75-01-20BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 23, 1975:

th_75-01-23BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 24, 1975:

th_75-01-24BostonGlobe-1.jpg

January 26, 1975:

th_75-01-26BostonGlobe-1.jpg

February 16, 1975:

th_75-02-16BostonGlobea-1.jpg

th_75-02-16BostonGlobe-pagea15articleed.jpg

MikeZep, thank you so much for taking the time to scan and post these articles - they provide a timeline and also a nice historical look back to what it was like during that time and in that place.

01/09/2012

1912.jpg

I played the Albert Hall with Led Zeppelin

Every member of the band was nervous and for good reason. We had played the Albert Hall previously on the Pop Proms, but today in 1970 we were to headline our own show at the most prestigious venue at that time. During the previous year we had been putting in a lot of time in America and recorded the second album, released on 22nd October 1969. It was going to be a critical test of our ability; not only to our fans, but to the press and our families and all in attendance that evening. That evening I met Charlotte, my daughter Scarlet's mother.

Also on this day in 1969 was the first night at The Fillmore in San Fransisco; my birthday and an historic night for Led Zeppelin.

What a wonderful post for January 9! I think it's lovely that Jimmy mentioned Charlotte and Scarlet here too. Everyone has their favorites but I truly believe that Jimmy and Charlotte were the most beautiful couple in the world of rock music. I think Jimmy and Charlotte were exquisite and complemented each other perfectly. I hope Jimmy has a wonderful birthday with his loving and trusted friends and family.

....it was somewhat discussed also on this Forum that Jimmy may have met Charlotte earlier ie. '69, but Jimmy himself confirms the writing of Richard Cole in Stairway to Heaven that Jimmy met Charlotte Backgstage RAH...

They were both in London so it's very possible, but offically they were introduced by Roger Daltery and Heather that night.

I agree, MSG, this is one of my very favorites. :D

Jimmy's been on a roll with the "On This Day" feature recently! It's great to have some new material.

I must have missed something, "new" material? I have nothing whatsoever against what's been posted but I wouldn't exactly call it "new".

I must have missed something, "new" material? I have nothing whatsoever against what's been posted but I wouldn't exactly call it "new".

Well not many have ever seen the full footage of him walking to the studio so that was new but if by "new" you mean newly made then no of course this is Jimmy Page we are talking about.

Great to see that shot of Jimmy in such high quality the one I have is a grainy piece of S.

I love the way the webmaster stops us from trying to snatch the pics :hysterical:

1_100169.jpg

01/10/2012

11012.jpg

110121.jpg

11012advert.jpg

11012poster.jpg

11012setlist.jpg

.....tks again AEN27; I love the energy and outlook expressed by Jimmy in this entry, I remember his interview in which he wanted to "write-off" the 60's and enter a new decade with new ambiitions...timeless youth as he fondly remembers that era just the way it was...

...and I agree with you both, AEN27 and MSG - Charlotte and Jimmy Page have the most chemistry as they both belong to that classic era and Jimmy does appreciate her strengths during challenging times of his touring in the 70's.....they owe each other their youth, timeless romance...

.....tks again AEN27; I love the energy and outlook expressed by Jimmy in this entry, I remember his interview in which he wanted to "write-off" the 60's and enter a new decade with new ambiitions...timeless youth as he fondly remembers that era just the way it was...

...and I agree with you both, AEN27 and MSG - Charlotte and Jimmy Page have the most chemistry as they both belong to that classic era and Jimmy does appreciate her strengths during challenging times of his touring in the 70's.....they owe each other their youth, timeless romance...

I love the energy for today's too. I made me so happy to see it. :D

I think Jimmy and Charlotte were the most beautiful couple. I was so delighted that he threw in Scarlet (it makes wonder if he will give her a quick mention on her birthday, March 24th). I thought this entry yesterday was so romantic. :D

Yes I looked at Jimmy's book where I had seen those pictures the most recently, and they are '72. Also his hair is too short for '75 which also gives it away. But, I stil loved it.

You're welcome, FireOpal.

Aren't they from Amsterdam soundcheck?

yes, looks like 1972 not 1975. His hair is always a dead giveaway also he still has the baby face!!!!!!

Thanks for confirming that these photos were taken three years before the date stated. It's probably for the best that I was too jet-lagged to comment last night because when I saw this run of photos I was going to post about how much fitter and healthier Jimmy looked in Rotterdam, before the U.S. tour (seemingly) took its toll on him. When I saw him in NY, just a month or so after Rotterdam, he appeared (in comparison to these photos) thinner and more drawn in the face.

Archived