Olympic Opening Ceremony - Jimmy keen, Robert not

kenog

Not at all. In case you haven't noticed, I have posted less than 30 posts in many months and none of them have been dramatic at all. It is like I said, the timing has to be right. Do you only accept that as an answer if it comes from Jimmy?

Sorry, but I have to agree with Steve on this. Your post was ambiguous at best, baiting at worst. If you do indeed have something but do not wish to release until the proper "time" why announce it at all? A proper gentleman or lady would simply not have said anything, instead waiting until the proper time to disclose. It's like going up to your best friend and whispering, "I saw your wife doing something very interesting the other day, however I will not tell you what until the timing is right." It is just caddy and low class.

The best news report I have ever read was "Sir Elton gives Robert advice on comback Tour" before the Atlantic show .

It was really lazy jounarlism and the report vanished but I do remember the first comment which was "rather insulting if you happen a overweight singer with hair that was grow in a lab..

or words to that effect.

Walter, I really cannot find the online article to link. may have "showbiz" Daily mirror in the title..

Cecil,

Hope this helps :) - it is the link I used when I initially copied and pasted the article. Obviously, I cannot guarantee the journalist's information is accurate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/07/28/paul-mccartney-is-headlining-the-olympic-opening-ceremony-115875-23301758/

The best news report I have ever read was "Sir Elton gives Robert advice on comback Tour" before the Atlantic show .

It was really lazy jounarlism and the report vanished but I do remember the first comment which was "rather insulting if you happen a overweight singer with hair that was grow in a lab..

or words to that effect.

You lost me here. Are you referring to Atlantic's 40th? Who made the comment? The Writer, or a fan?

Sorry, but I have to agree with Steve on this. Your post was ambiguous at best, baiting at worst. If you do indeed have something but do not wish to release until the proper "time" why announce it at all? A proper gentleman or lady would simply not have said anything, instead waiting until the proper time to disclose. It's like going up to your best friend and whispering, "I saw your wife doing something very interesting the other day, however I will not tell you what until the timing is right." It is just caddy and low class.

There is a vast difference between saying I saw your wife doing something, and I took an interesting photo. From my point of view, I was surprised at the synchronicity of the timing and wanted to share that fact. That is not caddy or low class at all, but since it wasn't appreciated, I will no longer do it. And in regards to what Steve said.... that was the post that was dramatic. Not mine.

Sorry but my comment wasn't necessarily directed at you personally but in general here whenever it comes to anything "vintage" or "exclusive".

Jahfin, I knew what you meant by your post. I was addressing the "faithful" in general, sorry.

Thank you for that confirmation. I appreciate it, because it was not my intention at all.

OMG Percy isn't interested in doing anything involving another comeback with anything Led Zeppelin related.................. SHOCK HORROR......... THE WORLD IS GOING TO END.............

Robert's interest in Led Zeppelin ended in 1980 (1977 IMHO) so in 2012 i dont think some shit event like opening the olympic games would whet his appetite.

OMG Percy isn't interested in doing anything involving another comeback with anything Led Zeppelin related.................. SHOCK HORROR......... THE WORLD IS GOING TO END.............

Robert's interest in Led Zeppelin ended in 1980 (1977 IMHO) so in 2012 i dont think some shit event like opening the olympic games would whet his appetite.

My exact thoughts when I read this thread.

Wouldn't a "performance" at the opening ceremonies consist of lip synching and air guitar, like what Page and that singer had to do at the closing ceremonies, 3 years ago? I would think that's an insult to McCartney, and all of us fans - given he still puts on live shows at such a professional level.

That would be quite interesting if that happened, but no confirmation. Is Macca from the London area as Jimmy is? Seems that's why they chose the artists for the Summer Olympics closing ceremonies in Beijing in 2008

Maybe some subtle arm twisting on the uninterested player.

Have his favorite ("favourite" in boullion's honor. er... "honour") soccer team circulate a petition amongst themselves, signed by the team, to guarantee a title near term in the fierce competition of U.K. futball.

Also, he agrees that they will be a warm up act to the new and improved WHAM!

Of course, LZ should perform at the opening ceremony, no questions asked. No one is above professionalism, or giving back to their fans, especially muti-generational fans! And on their home turf, with all the knighting honors, etc., more of a disgrace!

Eons ago, they might have been able to get away with this tempermental nonsense, but the fact that they are older makes them look even worse (stubborn and stupid). Be gentlemen and perform one song for the billions of people watching this event for posterity. McCartney is making them look like the aging rock stars they seem to want to be. No one cares that they are in their sixties; their O2 performance is phenomenal, with a pathos and depth that yes, only age and experience can deliver. It comes through, and it is wonderful to hear. And Jason, playing for his father and doing the best he can with limited live experience, is touching and real.. The Olympics may be commercial and "faux", but this is where and how the event lives, and it can be transcended.

My opinion is mostly directed at RP and his silly comments, but I reference the band because after all, they take on a fifth (almost infinity) element, whenever they play. Stop doing damage to the lz legacy by ignoring a huge fan base and letting us feel stupid for loving your music for decades. Just play.

My bet is that Brian May and Roger Taylor, surviving members from Queen will do a version of "God Save The Queen"/ "We Will Rock You" (like Brian did a few years ago from the rooftop from Buckingham Palace) and then a multitude of people/artists/musicians representing London/UK for the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony. Those other artists/musicians in the "parade of stars" could be Sir Paul McCartney, Jimmy Page, Sir Elton John, Sir Mick Jagger, Sir Cliff Richard, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Paul Rodgers, etc... Maybe they'll do the a medley of British Invasion standards including the Beatles classic, "With A Little Help From My Friends" (as we all know that Jimmy played on Joe Cocker's cover of it. Brian May also played it with Joe Cocker live in the past, too). We'll see. It's about a year away (361 days or so from now).

http://www.london2012.com/

R B)

Of course, LZ should perform at the opening ceremony, no questions asked. No one is above professionalism, or giving back to their fans, especially muti-generational fans! And on their home turf, with all the knighting honors, etc., more of a disgrace!

Eons ago, they might have been able to get away with this tempermental nonsense, but the fact that they are older makes them look even worse (stubborn and stupid). Be gentlemen and perform one song for the billions of people watching this event for posterity. McCartney is making them look like the aging rock stars they seem to want to be. No one cares that they are in their sixties; their O2 performance is phenomenal, with a pathos and depth that yes, only age and experience can deliver. It comes through, and it is wonderful to hear. And Jason, playing for his father and doing the best he can with limited live experience, is touching and real.. The Olympics may be commercial and "faux", but this is where and how the event lives, and it can be transcended.

My opinion is mostly directed at RP and his silly comments, but I reference the band because after all, they take on a fifth (almost infinity) element, whenever they play. Stop doing damage to the lz legacy by ignoring a huge fan base and letting us feel stupid for loving your music for decades. Just play.

Could not agree less.

And they certainly don't make me feel stupid for loving them.

Archived