Board software updates

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

The software update is completed. There will be some tweaking over the next week or so. Let me know if you encounter any technical issues.

Themes/skins had to be re-done due to the new software.

So far, there's the default "IPBoard":

post-5-0-23148900-1319109321_thumb.jpg

and "lzcom_skin1"

post-5-0-62125400-1319109344_thumb.jpg

The software update is completed. There will be some tweaking over the next week or so. Let me know if you encounter any technical issues.

Themes/skins had to be re-done due to the new software.

So far, there's the default "IPBoard":

post-5-0-23148900-1319109321_thumb.jpg

and "lzcom_skin1"

post-5-0-62125400-1319109344_thumb.jpg

Beautiful, Sam. The changes you've made are fantastic...the media section is especially nice. Many thanks.

While I admire and appreciate all the hard work you put into this site, and acknowledge that with technology "upgrades" are a necessary evil, I have a couple questions regarding the latest changes.

1. Am I not looking in the right place, or has the comment section of our profile pages been eliminated?

2. Most importantly, from an ease-of-use standpoint, in the old format, when I used the forum from my mobile device under the IP.Board Mobile format, each thread had the page icons, just like on the lz_bias setting, so I could just click on the last page to see the latest replies. But with this new upgrade, in the IP.Board Mobile setting, it just has the thread title, and you have to keep clicking "Next" to get to the last page...which is fine for a thread with only 2 or 3 pages of replies, but it's a pain-in-the-ass for the threads with 10 or more pages of replies, let alone the ones with a hundred or more.

Can you please make it so the IP.Board Mobile setting also has the page icons under the thread title, just like it does on the regular settings?

3. Under the old format, you could post youtube clips by using the media button, but that seesm to have vanished in the new upgrade. How do you post clips now?

Edited by Strider

• Administrators

While I admire and appreciate all the hard work you put into this site, and acknowledge that with technology "upgrades" are a necessary evil, I have a couple questions regarding the latest changes.

1. Am I not looking in the right place, or has the comment section of our profile pages been eliminated?

2. Most importantly, from an ease-of-use standpoint, in the old format, when I used the forum from my mobile device under the IP.Board Mobile format, each thread had the page icons, just like on the lz_bias setting, so I could just click on the last page to see the latest replies. But with this new upgrade, in the IP.Board Mobile setting, it just has the thread title, and you have to keep clicking "Next" to get to the last page...which is fine for a thread with only 2 or 3 pages of replies, but it's a pain-in-the-ass for the threads with 10 or more pages of replies, let alone the ones with a hundred or more.

Can you please make it so the IP.Board Mobile setting also has the page icons under the thread title, just like it does on the regular settings?

3. Under the old format, you could post youtube clips by using the media button, but that seesm to have vanished in the new upgrade. How do you post clips now?

1 - It's all there, just browse around the Profile section.

2 - I don't have much control over the Mobile theme at the moment. Try using the free IP Board app on your phone, or depending on your phone use one of the regular themes.

3 - I've answered that earlier in this thread....

Some have asked... to embed a YouTube video, simply paste the YouTube "share" link on its own, and it'll turn into an embedded video when you post.

Am I not looking in the right place, or has the comment section of our profile pages been eliminated?

Hi Strider! :wave:

I can help you out here. When you are visiting someone's profile and wish to leave a comment for them, what you need to do is to click on "Profile feed" (which is situated on the left just below "Overview") and then you can just post your comment as usual.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Looks quite nice! While the default board is somewhat easier on my old eyes (font-wise), that version doesn't have the "back to top" button, so I'm sitcking with the lz.com skin.

Thanks for all the work, Sam!!

One question - it the setting for the number of posts on a page still available and I'm just missing it? Or is it set in stone at 20 now? Thanks!

Edited by ebk