What are you sad about that Led Zeppelin didn't do ?

Obviously one feels genuine sadness over the abrupt end to John Bonham's life and that it prevented a reinvigorated Led Zeppelin from taking flight in the 1980s. It also evokes sadness when I think of what could have been concerning Peter Grant's tentative plans for the band to return to Scandanavia in November 1975 and a South American tour.

I'm sad they didn't complete '77

If they did karac would have lived,We may have gotten pro-shot material and More awesome shows.

WTF?

Please explain.

Apart from the obvious, It is sad that they never got to produce that going back to rock album that Bonzo alluded to in an interview just prior to his passing. Mostly because both he and Jimmy were looking forward to recording it, as were RP and JPJ. I wonder if Jimmy and Jonesy had anything written that never saw the light of day?

WTF?

Please explain.

Apart from the obvious, It is sad that they never got to produce that going back to rock album that Bonzo alluded to in an interview just prior to his passing. Mostly because both he and Jimmy were looking forward to recording it, as were RP and JPJ. I wonder if Jimmy and Jonesy had anything written that never saw the light of day?

Most of the stuff probably got included in solo acts e.g Outider, Zooma.

Most of the stuff probably got included in solo acts e.g Outider, Zooma.

Off the top of my head the only confirmed "Led Zeppelin outtakes" recycled for solo projects are the opening riff to 'Shake My Tree' which was originally developed during sessions for 'In Through The Out Door' and 'Midnight Moonlight' which bears similarities to

the instrumental 'Swan Song'.

Off the top of my head the only confirmed "Led Zeppelin outtakes" recycled for solo projects are the opening riff to 'Shake My Tree' which was originally developed during sessions for 'In Through The Out Door' and 'Midnight Moonlight' which bears similarities to

the instrumental 'Swan Song'.

Ah yes that's right, I should have remember as he did that with The Firm and on Outrider.

Was Who's To Blame from the ITTOD rehearsals aswell (from deathwish ii)

Oh to have not lost John. A friend & I had qued for tickets for the Chicago show in 1980; we had secured them when we found out John had passed. I'm also sad theres not better footage of Chicago Stadium 1977 Jimmy in his stromtropper atire.

Zep had to cancel parts of their 1975 and 1977 tours. Perhaps there were tentative plans to pro-shoot some of these cancelled shows ? ? ?

I am sad that I never got to see Zeppelin perform in an outdoor setting, either at a festival, or at a stadium. I believe I had tickets for a cancelled JKF stadium show in Philadelphia in 1975.

While many of the biggest bands on the planet managed to release footage of themselves in the studio, we never got to see that from Led Zeppelin.

The fact that they never collaborated with anyone like Queen or the Grateful Dead

I'm a fan of the Grateful Dead but I'm kind of glad they didn't, nor would I see why they would. That said, I've read that Garcia and Page helped one another out with the pedal steel.

I'm a fan of the Grateful Dead but I'm kind of glad they didn't, nor would I see why they would. That said, I've read that Garcia and Page helped one another out with the pedal steel.

Yeah, it would have been interesting to see what they would've done with Queen though, in my opinion.

Archived