Concerts You've Missed Out On?

Pagesbow

I was just posting on a topic about my first concert, which got me thinking about the ones that I regret not going to...

My first concert was Tom Petty & The Heartbreaker at The Shephard's Bush Empire back in 1999 and in searching for footage of that (there is none) I found footage of Page & Plant at that same venue in early '98...now I didn't get into Zep until the middle of '98, but still, to see them in a small venue like that would've have been awesome, and makes me wish I had gotten into Zep a little earlier. I don't want Zeppelin to reform at all, but I want to see Page, Plant & Jones either collectively or alone....

My main regret is that back in, I believe, 2000 me and a mate had tickets to go and see The Who, problem was, we were also workmates who worked together in the same section & they would only let one of us have the time off. We ended up selling our tickets. I was young and it was my first job so I didn't make any waves; I'm sure I wouldn't let that happen now, but I regret not going to that gig, especially because Entwistle died a couple of years later.

Also, Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes...I wanted to go but I was broke at the time....

I went to Manchester to get Lynard Skynard tickets in 1978. When I got to the box office i noticed they had released 50 Genesis Tickets ( the gig had been sold out weeks before for the Wind and Wuthering Tour) I was not a major fan of Genesis but it was just too good an opportunity to miss. WRONG. Genesis were Dull. I had crap seats and apparently Skynard were fantastic. I have regretted ever since. Closely followed by Seeing Black Sabbath in 78 but without Van Halen supporting, Humph !!

March 10th, 1980.....The Clash at The Motor City Roller Rink. http://www.theclashonline.com/node/1426

The actual rink I skated at during Jr. High and High School. A friend offered me a free ticket, and I laughed at him. There's a pretty good boot of that show out there....good enough to call me stupid. I missed The Police and Prince at the same type of tiny venues, under similar circumstances. I'll cut myself some slack by saying that Bong-Man was a little slow to embrace the new wave.

I went to Manchester to get Lynard Skynard tickets in 1978. When I got to the box office i noticed they had released 50 Genesis Tickets ( the gig had been sold out weeks before for the Wind and Wuthering Tour) I was not a major fan of Genesis but it was just too good an opportunity to miss. WRONG. Genesis were Dull. I had crap seats and apparently Skynard were fantastic. I have regretted ever since. Closely followed by Seeing Black Sabbath in 78 but without Van Halen supporting, Humph !!

Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane crash was Oct. 20, 1977, so it couldn't have been 1978. Probably either 1976 or 1977, as they played Manchester both of those years.

Here's a little tip...the only vowels in Lynyrd Skynyrd are "Y"s. No "A", "E", "I", "O" or "U". :)

i will never forgive myself for letting my bastard first husband " dissallow " me to see page and plant when they were here in oz.

bastard, bastard, bastard!

Would you like me to put a hit on the bastard? That is just evil and sick...who did he think he was, Torquemada?

I can think of lots of artists I never saw that I would have liked to have seen but one that stands out for sure is The Replacements. I've since seen Westerberg and Stinson perform separately which is obviously not quite the same but I'm glad I've been able to see them perform, especially Westerberg since that seems to be such a rare thing for him these days.

We had tickets to see Emerson Lake and Palmer at Saratoga Performing Arts in 1973 but they had to cancel having had all of their stage gear wrecked in a storm that hit at their show the night before. I really wanted to see the prog spectacle but they couldn't make the gig. This was the tour that ended up on that triple live LP they released a year later.

I wasn't even that big of a fan really but it was still pretty disappointing.

Never saw Led Zeppelin. Had tickets but that's when they got in a car wreck. Never tried to see them after that. :^(

Never saw The Animals but did see Eric Burdon & War.

Never saw Segovia or Ida Presti.

3 that stand out for me, the first two due to lack of money, the third just a bad decision.

Lynyrd Skynyrd at Lakeland Civic Center just a few days before the crash - I think it was their second-to-last show.

They came to a record store in Orlando the day before and my friend got all of their signatures on his wallet.

Quite a few of my friends went, I was broke.

Pink Floyd Animals tour, also Lakeland Civic Center.

Most of my friends went, I was broke.

The 3rd occasion was a Friday night in '78, me and a friend each had a date with us, and trying to decide what to do.

We had money, just couldn't decide where to go.

Our choices?

1. A local keg party
  2. Journey with Van Halen opening in Tampa (about an hour and a half away).

This was just after the first VH album was out.

We went to the kegger.

It is one of those shameful memories I'll always carry with me.

My name is TypeO and I chose a local keg party over seeing Van Halen when they first hit it big.

*Hi, TypeO*

Zep June 18/1972 Seattle. Told this story too many times but I still consider it a real piss off. Tickets in hand but too young to get over the border :( . Guess being a long hair didn't help my cause either :lol:

On Feb 6 1977 a few friends and I (In a moment of boredom) bought tickets to see the Liverpool band Deaf Schools' upcoming hometown gig from the box office (those were the days) of the Liverpool Empire. After buying our tickets we had to exit the box office via the back of the theatre. Looking towards the stage there hanging was a Confederate Flag for that nights Lynyrd Skynyrd gig which was already sold out. As I looked at my just purchased ticket for Deaf School I knew which band I would rather see. Who knew then that this was the last time Skynyrd would visit Liverpool.........As it turned out the Deaf School gig tops the list as my worst ever gig. Professional as they were their music was/is not my cup of tea.

Would you like me to put a hit on the bastard? That is just evil and sick...who did he think he was, Torquemada?

ha ha

he is still a real jerk. hated zep, mainly, i think , because i loved em so much.

i don't even speak to him anymore.

In Nov. of 81 my ex had tickets for us to go see the Rolling Stones at the stadium in San Diego. I was 8 months pregnant then and did not feel comfortable going to a crowded and maybe rowdy concert and passed up seeing them.

Why is that? I don't get it...it's not like you're gonna run off and sleep with Jimmy Page.

fool could be right, he was such a jealous person. if another man so much as smiled at me, he would think something was going on. he was not good looking at all, so i think he was really insecure. he was weird in so many ways ...... wasted the best years of my life. hate is a strong word, but ........

Archived