Led Zeppelin to receive Kennedy Center Honor

Janvier

When was the last time we ever saw all 3 interviewed on tv together, actually have we ever?

Not at all to the very best of my knowledge. Since the news of this award, and of Celebration Day , they have not granted other media requests for all three in one room and on one camera ... until this weekend when so far we have David Letterman and today's CBS interview.

Strategic publicity.

Possibly SAJ could have that info? ;)

Hi Walter! Steve might have that info but for me it still has no bearing on Letterman's interview besides a sidebar mention. He's already proved he can allow, at least Robert's charm and experience, to shine.

Yes, it could be an angle for a question but an interviewer's perspective should be more universal and less personal. If Letterman saw them - then he can say that but for most of the audience who didn't - well why would care about the interviewer's personal experience? Many of those who were at the NYC press conference had seen them and that didn't mean their questions were any more insightful. To the contrary, they were a bit focused on their own personal emotional connection to the band and less to the band's legacy as musical legends.

One last thing: I can't wait to see a picture of all of them together.

Love it! And I'll be excited to see a photo of HRC and the band. That's one I never expected!

Hi Walter! Steve might have that info but for me it still has no bearing on Letterman's interview besides a sidebar mention. He's already proved he can allow, at least Robert's charm and experience, to shine.

So far as I know neither Hoffman nor Letterman had ever attended a Led Zeppelin/solo concert. Letterman has interviewed Plant quite a few times through the years and it seems to me if Letterman ever had it surely would have come up in one of the interviews by now.

No idea if this is legitimate or not and please don't read if you want to be surprised by the plans for tomorrow...

Marky Mark@DCCelebrity

SPOILER - Led Zepplin Tribute Jack Black to Introduce - Lenny Kravitz to sing "Whole Lotta Love", Foo Fighters h to sing "Black Dog" & "Rock-n-Roll" KID ROCK to sing "Baby Im going to leave you HEART to sing "Stairway to Heaven #KENCENHONORS

SPOILER - Buddy Guy tribute - Morgan Freeman to intro, Tracy Chapman to sing "Hound Dog", Jeff Beck to play guitar on "Id rather go blind" Bonnie Raitt to sing "My time after awhile"/"Sweet Home Chicago"#KENCENHONORS2012 #DMV

Not at all to the very best of my knowledge. Since the news of this award, and of Celebration Day , they have not granted other media requests for all three in one room and on one camera ... until this weekend when so far we have David Letterman and today's CBS interview.

Strategic publicity.

Zeppelin won a monetary award from the King of Sweden a few years back, and there was video coverage of them being interviewed sort of, behend the scenes as the program went on.

No idea if this is legitimate or not and please don't read if you want to be surprised by the plans for tomorrow...

Led Zeppelin Tribute Jack Black to Introduce - Lenny Kravitz to sing "Whole Lotta Love", Foo Fighters to sing "Black Dog" & "Rock-n-Roll". KID ROCK to sing "Babe 'Im Gonna Leave You". HEART to sing "Stairway to Heaven".

SPOILER - Buddy Guy tribute - Morgan Freeman to intro, Tracy Chapman to sing "Hound Dog", Jeff Beck to play guitar on "Id rather go blind" Bonnie Raitt to sing "My time after awhile"/"Sweet Home Chicago"

Well, at least the American Idol or Glee crew are not singing.

Perhaps Dolly Parton for STH ? ?

What about Jack Black performing with Dread Zeppelin.... Now, I'd take that over the Foos :)

Kid Rock?!?! Why not just get the "Gangnam Style" guy. Terrible lineup outside of Heart. At least Dave Grohl has a legitimate connection even though the Foo Fighters are awful. Lenny Kravitz? It was nice that he had Plant open for him in 93 but he's just a rehash of better artists.

^^ Well said, fdm12... as usual! :)

So nice, thank you!

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

some photo's from the Daily Mail news paper.

Okay, I'm sorry to fan-girl out but I think i've just died and gone to heaven with the Jimmy/Bubba photo. Regardless of politics, you know Bill is a serious music appreciator - and he has lived his life like a rock star in many aspects. I would have loved to hear that chat.

Looked like a fun evening. Ah, to be a fly on the wall and to listen in to the conversation between Bill and the fellas. :D

Oh sorry! I was so overwhelmed with the photos you posted, I missed your comment. Didn't mean to be a copy cat.

I can't really see a reason not for them to at least play Whole Lotta Love, this award is a big deal. Hope they don't grab it then run off...

When was the last time we ever saw all 3 interviewed on tv together, actually have we ever?

Matt Laurer of the "The Today Show" (www.nbc.com) interviewed all three back in 2003 with the release of the DVD. couldnt find a video but did find a transscript of the interview. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3079786/ns/today-today_hidden/t/years-whole-lotta-love/

Archived