What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

• 2 weeks later...

It is a beautiful Spring day today. So I have tackled the garden. Out go the weeds and have planted my potatoes and refreshed the herbs (legal ones). A good tidy up has done wonders. Later after the washing has dried it's the lawns first cut of the year. Can't wait for that smell of newly mown grass whilst the sweet sound of songbirds are singing away. Bliss

• 2 months later...

Heading into Boston shortly to spend a few hours in town before dropping off the girls at the Justin Bieber concert! I have a small army of teens invading my living room afterwards for a sleepover!!

I am not getting any shut eye tonight!! Hahaha

Morning kids. Heading out to take a tour of the Massachusetts Historical Society. Then I'll wander around a bit, possibly having some wine :). Meeting friend this evening - can't wait!!!

And... can't wait to get out and hit the heat!

What better way to spend a rainy Tuesday than in a movie theatre?

I'm choosing the Museum of Fine Arts

I'd usually choose staying in bed, but I think housekeeping would like to get in to the room and straighten up... :)

Heading in to town this evening for a stock up on Indian Spices. I am also on the lookout for a quality Karahai to start ploughing my way through Rick Steins India book. For our overseas chums this series on BBC has been excellent, although Rick is a bit of a wanker, his book looks fantastic.

So as not to highjack Strider's vacation thread, I'll just say that after getting caught in a torrential downpour today on the way to the museum - fortunately right in front of an entrance to the T, so I hopped on and rode the 2 stops - I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, even though I'm not usually big on art museums. They have an exhibit now called Hippie Chic, which is clothing of the 60's and early 70's...really cool. Saw some contempory art that I found quite lovely. Discovered Norman Lewis. I'll be looking more into his art. All in all, a wonderful place. I'll spare you all the pictures I took of the pictures... :)

Went to the Saux game tonight. They won. And it didn't rain! Tomorrow I think I'll do the Fenway tour.

So as not to highjack Strider's vacation thread, I'll just say that after getting caught in a torrential downpour today on the way to the museum - fortunately right in front of an entrance to the T, so I hopped on and rode the 2 stops - I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, even though I'm not usually big on art museums. They have an exhibit now called Hippie Chic, which is clothing of the 60's and early 70's...really cool. Saw some contempory art that I found quite lovely. Discovered Norman Lewis. I'll be looking more into his art. All in all, a wonderful place. I'll spare you all the pictures I took of the pictures... :)

Went to the Saux game tonight. They won. And it didn't rain! Tomorrow I think I'll do the Fenway tour.

you're awesome!!

Edited for: we love the MFA!!

Edited by planted

I'm choosing the Museum of Fine Arts

I'd usually choose staying in bed, but I think housekeeping would like to get in to the room and straighten up... :)

Haha!

I took my parents to see "The Heat" this afternoon while it POURED in Worcester.

:)

i think there are some markets on around the coast today, might drag hubby to one. mainly because the forecast is for a sunny day.

i found a pair of binoculars at a second-hand store yesterday- we might go walking along the shoreline and look at the boats and buildings .... maybe have lunch/coffee somewhere ...

Me and my friend Brian tried putting a 20x20 foot tarp on our tore up wood shed roof. Things were going ok until the wind picked up. It all went downhill after that and with wasps also buzzing around we said to hell with it, folded up the tarp and called it a day. It was also too hard to do from ladders and it was HOT!!! :^(

• 2 weeks later...