What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

10 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Suffering

I have to take a two week rotation of the after hours emergency line, this is my last weekend but its brutal. Believe me, the freaks come out at night. Have not had a decent sleep in two weeks.

I feel for you man, I know what it's like not to get peaceful sleep, I stress all the time.

Regular nightly walk, walk to the park and do a little exercise. they have bars for pushups, pull-ups, sit-ups etc. So I take advantage of that so my diabetes doesn't end up taking too much advantage of me! It would just love to take something away like my sight or a limb, fuck that! After 42 years of type 1 it is wearing on me somewhat, skipping a day or two of exercise I do feel it and end up regretting it because of the shitty way I feel, but feel great at the same time when I do exercise so I keep fighting.

Edited by luvlz2

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Regular nightly walk, walk to the park and do a little exercise. they have bars for pushups, pull-ups, sit-ups etc. So I take advantage of that so my diabetes doesn't end up taking too much advantage of me! It would just love to take something away like my sight or a limb, fuck that! After 42 years of type 1 it is wearing on me somewhat, skipping a day or two of exercise I do feel it and end up regretting it because of the shitty way I feel, but feel great at the same time when I do exercise so I keep fighting.

I feel for you. It runs in my family, but luckily not with me.

Replaced the fill valve seal (Fluidmaster brand) in the toilet because it was squealing like redhead groupie at Led Zep after party.

Changed the thermostat on the freezer ice maker because the ice cubes were not freezing solid before cycling... and everyone knows an ice-maker is the greatest invention since  fire.

And still need see what the hell that funny noise is coming from the refrigeration... probably the condenser fan is going out. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned, but sound like bearings are shot.

I like to keep my old appliances and will take the time to repair them, because all the new shit made in China is fucking crap.  And yes, I look for NOS (new old stock) replacement parts in the innerwebs that were made anywhere but fucking China. Fuck China!  Fuck them to fucking hell---those fuckers!

On 8/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, kipper said:

And yes, I look for NOS (new old stock) replacement parts in the innerwebs that were made anywhere but fucking China. Fuck China!  Fuck them to fucking hell---those fuckers!

I had to buy a couple of NOS Harley parts because the aftermarket hadn't caught up yet. One time I asked the HD dealer how much for a long generator bolt: 3/16ths x 7 inches/fine thread: 9 DOLLARS!! BOHICA!!

Painting the widow trim a nice light green color.

Going to watch this again because today is the day that the US Marines landed on Guadalcanal in 1942 and literally stopped the Jap advance across the Pacific. Many who fought there called the island a 'hell hole.' The Japs called it 'The Island Of Death.' So true for them. 

Amazon.com: The Gallant Hours: James Cagney, Dennis Weaver ...Guadalcanal Map Design - Balancing history and gameplay - Album on ...

19 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Get the skins out JTM :D

They are out, ready for Ronnie on the snooker at two thirty. I don't mind watching Ronnie O, he gets on with it.  The garden can wait until it cools down a bit. 

Edited by JTM

Cleaning out the other half of the 2 car garage. When I moved into this place in May the garage was a hoarder's paradise. I put the kybosh on that by vacuuming up about 100,000 rat turds so far. Lots of useless junk that can be recycled. Plenty of shelves and a loft there to put anything worth keeping. It has a nice concrete floor, but one half of the roof leaks like a sieve. 😕