What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The hotel was here in Jacksonville, didn't go far at all...  :)

OK buddy.  I hope all is well.  Not my business but if I got a hotel here, man would I be fielding questions.  Now I would like to spend a weekend in Robert DeNero's hotel in Manhatten

I have spent lots of time in Florida, and have relatives all over the state.  But I have never been to Jacksonville or the Keys. Want to hit the keys for sure

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

OK buddy.  I hope all is well.  Not my business but if I got a hotel here, man would I be fielding questions.  Now I would like to spend a weekend in Robert DeNero's hotel in Manhatten

I have spent lots of time in Florida, and have relatives all over the state.  But I have never been to Jacksonville or the Keys. Want to hit the keys for sure

Better call than J-ville, IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, rm2551 said:

A couple of weeks? Hope you weren't under the weather - or Covid afflicted. Good to hear you'r ay-ok.

I hope everyone had a pleasant Christmas full of good music and good cheer.

I ama lucky duck in terms of Covid.... because I live in New Zealand baby

Thanks though

• 1 month later...

knocked off early yesterday and got the front lawn wipper snipped and mowed. One down, one to go. Had far too many brews last night so once I am suitably recovered, will tackle the back lawn.

Then replaying last nights Alice Cooper radio show with a mad spliff. The playlist was epic (or was that just the smoke?)

Edited by rm2551

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent an hour and a half at the Carrollton DMV to renew by drivers license.  I live in Plano, Texas,  Carrollton is about 10 miles away and I still got lost.

I was wearing a Led Zeppelin sweatshirt and the lady who took all my information saw my sweatshirt and she said that she loves Led Zeppelin.  She was probably in her 70's.

When we were done I got up and I said "Led Zeppelin" and she yeah.  

May have to move to Texas.

Putting the bathroom door back on and cleaning up the old hardware plus brass door knobs. Still have to prime and paint one side.

Did the first mowing of the year with the old electric Homelite. Nice weather today. 

HOMELITE MOWER (2).JPG

NOT going to Amoeba, unfortunately. The lines were ridiculously long...like a line of people waiting to buy Zeppelin tickets at the Forum. The line started at the door on Hollywood Blvd. and snaked south down Argyle all the way to Sunset, then east down Sunset past the Hollywood Palladium to Gower, then north up Gower back to Hollywood Blvd.

Looks like I won't be able to hit the shop until Sunday. By then, all the cool Zeppelin stuff will be gone probably. Here's a brief video of what the new Amoeba looks like inside. I can tell it's a lot smaller...especially the DVD and Jazz/Classical sections.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Right now, I'm doing my laundry. Later, I may or may not watch the Mets game--I'm ambivalent about it...  😔

oooooo...laundry.  Thanks for reminding me that I need to do mine.

Also, you'll watch the game.  I'm watching the Os and they totally suck. 

Spackling, sanding, and more general prep to paint the kitchen cabinets in our new house. While I was doing it, I was distracted a couple of times by the sound of branches hitting our roof. At first I figured it was just windy, but after it kept happening I went outside to see what was going on. Turns out there were two porcupines in a tree near the house. It was hard to tell what they were at first, but eventually I could see the outlines of their quills. I've seen them on the ground before but didn't realize they climb trees. Checked the web and apparently they're abundant in the area near our new house and they eat twigs. We don't have any pets so I'm not worried about them being in the yard, but it was a strange introduction to the wildlife in the neighborhood. I expected bears and moose and assorted smaller animals, but porcupines in trees never crossed my mind.

11 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Spackling, sanding, and more general prep to paint the kitchen cabinets in our new house. While I was doing it, I was distracted a couple of times by the sound of branches hitting our roof. At first I figured it was just windy, but after it kept happening I went outside to see what was going on. Turns out there were two porcupines in a tree near the house. It was hard to tell what they were at first, but eventually I could see the outlines of their quills. I've seen them on the ground before but didn't realize they climb trees. Checked the web and apparently they're abundant in the area near our new house and they eat twigs. We don't have any pets so I'm not worried about them being in the yard, but it was a strange introduction to the wildlife in the neighborhood. I expected bears and moose and assorted smaller animals, but porcupines in trees never crossed my mind.

Never heard of "Spackling"  before, had to google it, so basically it's just filler. Been decorating the  house myself, almost finished, one room to do.

Heading to the doc for my bi-annual visit. Got some trimming to do at home. Great weather here for this time of year. I know it won't last, though. Working on my cover version of Neil Young's 'Expecting To Fly.' Can't wait to get my new reverb pedal. 

I was thinking about starting a thread which merged religious fundamentalism, politics, batshit conspiracy theories, and outright stupidity but I see that has already taken place on the Covid Vaccine thread.

Actually, I would never do such a silly thing.

Blood and pee pee samples today. So glad to get that over with as I can't stand driving into the rat race town to have it done. I've never seen a fucking place absolutely explode with development. Luckily, it's 10 miles from here. 

• 1 month later...