New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

:blink: What's your prediction for the schedule for the rest of the remasters??

edit: This is in reply to Walter also. (post #4450)

At this point, since Presence wil not be released at the same time as Physical Graffiti, I think we will be waiting until near the end of 2015 for it, and it's all possible at this point IMO that ITTOD and Coda will be released individually as well in 2016, with ITTOD being released in the 1st half of 2016 and Coda the 2nd half of 2016. Just my guess from the way it looks.

Edited by luvlz2

At this point, since Presence wil not be released at the same time as Physical Graffiti, I think we will be waiting until near the end of 2015 for it, and it's all possible at this point IMO that ITTOD and Coda will be released individually as well in 2016, with ITTOD being released in the 1st half of 2016 and Coda the 2nd half of 2016. Just my guess from the way it looks.

Can't see any scenario where this happens. So far, it's been about four months between releases (closer to five between I, III, III and IV and HOTH).

I personally think the most likely release schedule is the last three all together June-ish. But I suppose Presence could be a solo release May or June, and the last two in the fall, but I don't know what that accomplishes.

Well Jimmy has said that he is going to extend to the main purpose of Coda so I don't see a reason to not be positive towards it, unless you're going to throw a huge fit if it doesn't have all sorts of amazing new tracks!! But I've been very pleased with the first 5 releases, little disappointed at first but I find myself listening to the companion discs more than the originals over the last several months. Really wish there was enough material for a LZI companion disc, gosh a rough mix of Dazed And Confused and How Many More Times would've been awesome but I'm happy with a good quality 1969 show, that HMMT is really cool! Maybe Page will have something from then on Coda... All I know is he BETTER include that version of Baby Come On Home with the extended outro and the cool deep guitar on it, that version is way better than the official!

These releases can't go to the end of 2016 lol we got 5/9 in 5 months, 6/9 in 9 months, I don't think the next 3 will be in the next 23 months.. I'm predicting Presence and ITTOD in July with Coda or Coda will then be October 2015.

Good points! I did sound a bit down when I posted that lol but you've got some strong points! Damn, I would've loved to hear a rough/alternate mix of HMMT. I hope that he adds that extended version of Baby Come On Home, too! That'd be spectacular to hear in official quality.

Don't wanna burst your bubble, but I wouldn't get my expectations too high, or else you will be extremely let down with Coda. If you expect all of that of Coda, and it ends up just being nice but not anything special, you're going to really be upset with the results.

Nah - I have been incredibly happy with releases so far. Even if the companions are similar in scope to II, III, IV, HoTH, I will enjoy them immensely.

Well Jimmy has said that he is going to extend to the main purpose of Coda so I don't see a reason to not be positive towards it, unless you're going to throw a huge fit if it doesn't have all sorts of amazing new tracks!! But I've been very pleased with the first 5 releases, little disappointed at first but I find myself listening to the companion discs more than the originals over the last several months.

^this. But I enjoyed the companions first time. I thought they were all brilliant overall.

Here's my thoughts on the remaining albums:

PG- February (confirmed)

Presence - Mid to late June.

ITTOD - Early September.

CODA - late November.

This release campaign won't go into 2016. IMO.

Been giving this some thought (it's not like trying to solve world hunger, but you know...).

I think we're getting a little carried away with future, potential single releases of the last three. PG is a special case. It's being re-released to coincide with its 40th anniversary. Since PG is such a bad ass double album, I think it could be a stand-alone release anyway, anniversary or not.

But if the fourth album wasn't done as a stand-alone release, I can't think of any good reasons why any of the last three would be. I'm open to arguments, though.

I'm leaning more and more to the last three all together in the summer. But, having said all that, I could see a scenario where Presence is a solo. "On the other hand...."

That alternate of "Houses" ain't half bad!

At the start of the reissue campaign I was hoping for some extreme alternate versions and unreleased tracks, but as they are progressing its apparent that such things just don't exist or are in any kind of condition to release, at least to Page's standards. Very grateful for Keys to the Highway, alt since I've been loving you, and la la (if only for curiosity), and if the reissue campaigns contained the equivalent of these tracks for everything else it would be utterly superb. But in the most cases the differences between released and companion are exceptionally minor and really down to the final mastering/production.

now that we are 5 albums in, i'm learning to manage my expectations around these box sets and appreciating the unmixed versions a little more.

So if you take this version of Houses for what it is (an unmixed original version with no core variation or additions) it's actually really quite awesome and refreshing to hear. Great alternative harmony vocals and nice to hear a more earthy raw sound from the guitar. The guitar solo could have been left in, and maybe the fade out removed so we can see how theses things just stop in the studio.

I am however a bit upset with the potential approach that the material exists but is already bootlegged so it's been deliberately omitted. (the radically different custard pie seems a glaring omission from PG, the extended drum solo from moby dick). I'd love some of this stuff to get an official release in impeccable sound. With the super delux being "limited" to 30,000 and every other format available it's hardly targeting the hardcore only (and they're probably the only ones to have heard that stuff). I can only assume that this stuff just isn't there anymore, which is a real shame.

And I am no longer hanging out for Coda to the the companion disk to end all companion disks. I think it will be a fairly minor affair with maybe one single new track. maybe. managing expectations!

Here's a thought to chew on...

What if Jimmy decides to put Ozone Baby, Darlene, and Wearing and Tearing in their proper place - on the companion disk for ITTOD. This would open up plenty of room on CODA for some real goodies that ordinarily there wouldn't have been the space for. What if and would he move these songs?? Weigh in.

Here's a thought to chew on...

What if Jimmy decides to put Ozone Baby, Darlene, and Wearing and Tearing in their proper place - on the companion disk for ITTOD. This would open up plenty of room on CODA for some real goodies that ordinarily there wouldn't have been the space for. What if and would he move these songs?? Weigh in.

I'd be very surprised. "Down By The Seaside" didn't go to the companion of IV, and "Houses of the Holy" didn't go to the companion of HOTH...

Maybe your argument is that Coda is a special case. But I can't see JP changing the original album.

Not sure why people think Presence will be released in its own. Didn't it sell the least during the band's working career? My speculation is Presence/ITTOD as a June release, then CODA in Sept. That's provided CODA has a lot of goodies to help promote as a great solo release.

Who knows? Enjoy! :)

Good point but those songs always had their place on PG.

The 3 songs from ITTOD were supposed to be on a pre-release EP that never saw the light of day until CODA. Jimmy certainly would not be out of place to put these missing pieces of ITTOD in their proper context.

The fact that Jimmy found a box of tapes from the Presence sessions that he never knew existed leads me to believe that Presence may be released as a stand alone issue. Depending what those mystery tapes hold it may be worth the single attention of the fans. We could be in for a real treat. I thought Presence was brilliant despite not selling as well as other Zeppelin albums. Achilles Last Stand is worth an entire album just by itself!