What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I got paid yesterday. Being without health insurance and virtually without a job (my biggest paycheck to date before this one this year was $980 for the entire month, before that it was like $700), I've been so broke that I can't afford anything. Not even necessities.

Well, today, I was able to go to the eye doctor and not only order new contacts with my new RX, I was also able to get new lenses in my glasses! My glasses' RX is about three years old, so it's a big deal. If my eyes hurt, I will be able to actually see with them on!!!!

Glad to hear that the summer school is going well and that you finally got paid (for a job well done, by the way). Happy that you got updated on your contacts and glasses.

Just reminded me that I need to check my family's eyes this summer, but they are always the last ones to get taken care of, lol.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Today I finished painting the south wall of my landlady's house. I must admit it looks purty good. (Lots of scraping, killing mold and sanding)

I'm a 1/4 of the way there. (I get free rent for doing it) :D

I got paid yesterday. Being without health insurance and virtually without a job (my biggest paycheck to date before this one this year was $980 for the entire month, before that it was like $700), I've been so broke that I can't afford anything. Not even necessities.

Well, today, I was able to go to the eye doctor and not only order new contacts with my new RX, I was also able to get new lenses in my glasses! My glasses' RX is about three years old, so it's a big deal. If my eyes hurt, I will be able to actually see with them on!!!!

I've been in precarious financial straits before also. Probably around your age and older as well. No need to bore with details.

One thing about reading LZ posts for a year and a half now, you get what I would say is a fairly accurate assessment of one's mettle.

These are strange times to be sure.

But I'd bet the ranch that in time,the tide will a turn a direction for which you aspire and desire.

Anyone who's been around here for awhile can see that your shoulders support an excellent,rational mind. This can carry one far, and further than they imagined.

I am happy today because in about a week, I will be on vacation in New Orleans, visiting two friends I haven't seen in years. And so far, nothing has really went too horribly wrong to make me need to cancel(*fingers crossed*). My mom even offered to babysit my child so I could go??? I guess she could tell I've been overly stressed lately. :P

Seriously. This needs to stop.

Unfortunately the thread subtitle is "Big or small things," although it wasn't meant literally :( Maybe it would stop if the thread title could be tweaked?

Edited by Virginia

I saw this You Tube Video of the Trojan Vibrating Touch Fingertip Massager.

These adds are shown on TV. The CMT channel showed it while running the PG rated baseball film "The Field of Dreams".

Imagining the older woman on the TV add using the product... was just "creepy"

Glad to hear that the summer school is going well and that you finally got paid (for a job well done, by the way). Happy that you got updated on your contacts and glasses.

Just reminded me that I need to check my family's eyes this summer, but they are always the last ones to get taken care of, lol.

Yeah...they same the same thing about mechanics. They usually have the worst running cars. (Though I'm sure your family's eyes are taken care of very well.)

I've been in precarious financial straits before also. Probably around your age and older as well. No need to bore with details.

One thing about reading LZ posts for a year and a half now, you get what I would say is a fairly accurate assessment of one's mettle.

These are strange times to be sure.

But I'd bet the ranch that in time,the tide will a turn a direction for which you aspire and desire.

Anyone who's been around here for awhile can see that your shoulders support an excellent,rational mind. This can carry one far, and further than they imagined.

Thanks, Jabe.

I think I may have a hook for a job soon. They start interviewing again in July/August. I have a coworker who called a few principals in the neighboring school district--ones who are looking for teachers in my feild.

I hope I get a job soon. I'm a bit bummed that my paycheck's not stretching farther. My car needs about $900 in a/c work, new axles, brakes, hoses, and tires. That's a lot of money for someone who has NONE. :(

I need other things too--things that I've been doing without, including preventative medical care. <_<

I saw this You Tube Video of the Trojan Vibrating Touch Fingertip Massager.

These adds are shown on TV. The CMT channel showed it while running the PG rated baseball film "The Field of Dreams".

Imagining the older woman on the TV add using the product... was just "creepy"

:lol:

Yeah...because you have to wait for Trojan to come out with that product to buy things like that. :rolleyes:

...and the older woman reminds me of someone's gramma talking about sex toys with their grandchildren...super creepy.

Edited by manderlyh

It finally rained. Normally I hate rain, but we needed it for a couple reasons. One, our grass was looking a little parched. Two, the air needed to get cleaned out, my sister's allergies were going haywire.

And the breeze during the rain felt like heaven.