What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Finally sold my condo in the quarter. Had my sound system in the great room upgraded this weekend and it's awesome..now I really don't want to ever leave home. I am taking this Friday off and taking the long weekend to do nothing but listen to music on the new system :stereo:

Also. one of my best friends in the 80's after 17 years found me..she lives in Asheville, NC, plan on meeting up in the next few weekends. She was really a camera person and when she told me some of the pictures she had of us, I almost passed out... I honestly don't know how we got through some of the stuff we did!!

Finally sold my condo in the quarter. Had my sound system in the great room upgraded this weekend and it's awesome..now I really don't want to ever leave home. I am taking this Friday off and taking the long weekend to do nothing but listen to music on the new system :stereo:

Also. one of my best friends in the 80's after 17 years found me..she lives in Asheville, NC, plan on meeting up in the next few weekends. She was really a camera person and when she told me some of the pictures she had of us, I almost passed out... I honestly don't know how we got through some of the stuff we did!!

In recent months, circumstance has led to meeting up with a number of my old childhood/teenage friends. I have to admit that I had some concerns about doing so because it's almost impossible to go back and have what you once had with old mates but what I found out is, by moving forward, you can definitely get what you need ! Hey, now doesn't that sounds like a great theme for a song ;)

In recent months, circumstance has led to meeting up with a number of my old childhood/teenage friends. I have to admit that I had some concerns about doing so because it's almost impossible to go back and have what you once had with old mates but what I found out is, by moving forward, you can definitely get what you need ! Hey, now doesn't that sounds like a great theme for a song ;)

seems the 3 of us have all been having similar experiences! cool!

seems the 3 of us have all been having similar experiences! cool!

Yes indeed Slave :) . For myself and the mates in question, it had been about 25yrs since we'd seen each other. Life, for one reason or another, just took us in different directions I suppose. Even though the reason for the gathering was a sad one ( another old friend had passed away) all of us who got together that night saw our friend off in a fashion that was worthy of his friendship to us and at the same time re established the bonds that had made us all friends in the first place.

Edited by ally

Reading all the kind words offered to me & Mrs CP from all my good friends I have had the pleasure of meeting on this wonderful forum. A big thanks from the CP's. :D:thanku:

Oh and It's my big Manchester United evening out tonight. Can't wait. Lets hope it's not just the hospitality and the good mates I'm going with that's the highlight?

What happened to all the happiness?

Wife's out of town.....so my son and I played video games together all night last night and just had a very nice lunch together. :)

Now if Syracuse would just play better in this game v. Pittsburgh!

It moved to Virginia's house.

Hey CP, how was your big night in the posh pit at the ManU match? We should call you chillumposh now. ;)

It sure did; my youngest daughter has since made Honor Roll, and my son just qualified for Regionals (swimming) in 2 individual events :cheer::yay:

It sure did; my youngest daughter has since made Honor Roll, and my son just qualified for Regionals (swimming) in 2 individual events :cheer::yay:

That's one proud Mama! :thumbsup: Great news.

Just spent a fantastic afternoon with my daughter. Picked up a drivers hand book, she'll be 16 soon. :blush: Got her new bank account set up, she'll be working soon... :hysterical: Went to the mall, got some great deals on some stuff. Made our routine stop at out favourite pawn shop, we both picked up a DVD. I got Stevie Ray Vaughn Live at the el Mocambo. We then went to a DVD/games/music store and found a sweet new/used record section hidden in a large room way out back. Could spend a small fortune there quite easily. What a great selection they had. In my best Arnold voice I said "I'll be back!"

While at the mall we went into HMV. My daughter spotted some pictures on a shelf and started leafing through them. She yelled over to me to come see them. Some great ones, Beatles, Pink Floyd (no Zeppelin) and she pointed out a picture she liked of a woman, said it was Audrey Hepburn. I asked her how she knew that, because it was not written on it anywhere. She said she was a fan of her's for a while now! Who knew?

post-16897-0-89419300-1359859072_thumb.j

Edited by MINI_Zoso

That's one proud Mama! :thumbsup: Great news.

Just spent a fantastic afternoon with my daughter. Picked up a drivers hand book, she'll be 16 soon. :blush: Got her new bank account set up, she'll be working soon...

I took one my twins to set up her account with the credit union. She was tired of Wells Fargo charging her $5 bucks a month. She wants to keep her hard earned $$.

I then watched Millions with the youngest. There aren't too many movies a dad can watch with a teenager daughter nowadays. The only thing we were missing was the pop corn.

I took one my twins to set up her account with the credit union. She was tired of Wells Fargo charging her $5 bucks a month. She wants to keep her hard earned $$.

I then watched Millions with the youngest. There aren't too many movies a dad can watch with a teenager daughter nowadays. The only thing we were missing was the pop corn.

I was able to get her a student account, no fees till she turns 19. Then they will hit her with them from all sides.

I am lucky on the movie scene, my daughter loves all kinds of movies so finding one we both like isn't too hard most times. Wasn't always the case of course. High School Musical!!!!!!!