What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Thanks RH. It's back surgery I'm having. Lamenectomy and fusion. I hope they don't get it mixed up though. Wouldn't wanna come out of there with breast implants. I hate it when that happens :lol:

ally, you are too funny. But seriously, wishing you the very best....and a speedy recovery.

Please post back when you can and let us know how it went. :) Missy

This isn't making me happy at all but need to respond to all of you who have been so kind with your well wishes and concern. I just received a call from my surgeons office informing me that my surgery , scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed again :angry: . I'm feeling a little embarassed right now about having posted about my surgery at all but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be postponed for a second time. Thanks again to everyone and hope you won't think of me as an attention seeker :bagoverhead: .

Edited by ally

This isn't making me happy at all but need to respond to all of you who have been so kind with your well wishes and concern. I just received a call from my surgeons office informing me that my surgery , scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed again :angry: . I'm feeling a little embarassed right now about having posted about my surgery at all but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be postponed for a second time. Thanks again to everyone and hope you won't think of me as an attention seeker :bagoverhead: .

Wankers. Don't feel embarassed Ally. Don't these people understand that surgery is the final option and for you it will be the start of living without pain? You should send them an invoice

Wankers. Don't feel embarassed Ally. Don't these people understand that surgery is the final option and for you it will be the start of living without pain? You should send them an invoice

Thanks CP ! I know and accept it's because an emergency case has suddenly taken priority . I'm just fed up. Feck em' I'm making a batch of Cesar's and getting shit faced. These meds I'm on aren't working anymore anyways. I'll be back with a hangover tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thanks CP ! I know and accept it's because an emergency case has suddenly taken priority . I'm just fed up. Feck em' I'm making a batch of Cesar's and getting shit faced. These meds I'm on aren't working anymore anyways. I'll be back with a hangover tomorrow :thumbsup:

And yours isn't?

Good for you man - pity you don't have any green? :peace:

Edited by chillumpuffer

Oh no! :( That totally sucks; I'm so sorry.

ally, you are one of the absolute best of them on this forum. Sorry about the postponed surgery. I can only say this, IN NO WAY ARE YOU AN ATTENTION SEEKER, no way, you my friend are a true GENTLEMAN!!!! :peace:

So what made me happy today...to see you posting here:-)

So sorry to hear this ally...hope the wait to have it re-scheduled is not too long... :(

Attention Seeker, I don't think so...

Very sorry to hear this news ally! I hope the wait isn't too long for ya. Having shots while watching Zeppelin DVDs is a sure fire way to feel no pain for the rest of the evening! Always works for me! ;)

:peace:

Sorry to hear that Ally. How long will you have to wait?

I honestly don't know Melanie. My surgeons sec. said she'd try to have a new date for me by the end of the week but what year that'll be, is anybody's guess :D . I do know that my surgery wasn't just cancelled on a whim. It was because of an emergency case and, rightly so. Without getting into the politics of it all,the problem in British Columbia is that there is a chronic shortage of anesthesiologists..check spell :unsure: . .. and operating theatres . Life threatening and emergency cases along with people who are diabetic have priority. As painful and debilitating as my condition is, it doesn't fall into any of those categories. My family doc made a space for me tomorrow so I'll get a prescription for something stronger than I'm on now. That'll mean going back on narcs but at this point, I really don't give a monkeys. Any dependancy problems that most likely will arise will just have to be dealt with later

Thanks to everyone for your understanding. Now get back to your regular programing ;)

ally, you are one of the absolute best of them on this forum. Sorry about the postponed surgery. I can only say this, IN NO WAY ARE YOU AN ATTENTION SEEKER, no way, you my friend are a true GENTLEMAN!!!! :peace:

So what made me happy today...to see you posting here:-)

:notworthy::wave:

Had my UCLA theatre audition today....very long and grueling, but it went well (I think!)

I had an interview and then performed two monologues (one from Love's Labor's Lost and one from The Actor's Nightmare) for the auditioner and he seemed to enjoy them. He then asked me if I had any other material memorized, so I did a little bit of The Merchant of Venice

Fingers crossed!!