What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Had my UCLA theatre audition today....very long and grueling, but it went well (I think!)

I had an interview and then performed two monologues (one from Love's Labor's Lost and one from The Actor's Nightmare) for the auditioner and he seemed to enjoy them. He then asked me if I had any other material memorized, so I did a little bit of The Merchant of Venice

Fingers crossed!!

Good luck to you on that! Let us know the results would you?

Had my UCLA theatre audition today....very long and grueling, but it went well (I think!)

I had an interview and then performed two monologues (one from Love's Labor's Lost and one from The Actor's Nightmare) for the auditioner and he seemed to enjoy them. He then asked me if I had any other material memorized, so I did a little bit of The Merchant of Venice

Fingers crossed!!

I am sure you nailed it!! Good luck that is awesome news.

I received a phone call from Asda last night, asking me if I would be interested in a permanent job. I'm fucking thrilled to bits, it's stacking shelves but it pays a reasonable wage. The lady said she would let me know .

Hope it happens for you Joe :) .

I received a phone call from Asda last night, asking me if I would be interested in a permanent job. I'm fucking thrilled to bits, it's stacking shelves but it pays a reasonable wage. The lady said she would let me know .

Fantastic news Joe. Well done man. See what happens when you cut your hair? I wish you all the luck :cheer:

Fantastic news Joe. Well done man. See what happens when you cut your hair? I wish you all the luck :cheer:

Oh no, man...you're gonna get wes all worked up with that remark. :rolleyes:

It is sunny and warm out...beautiful day...and reading everybody's happy news makes me feel happy, too.

Edited by Strider

Mazda is covering my car bill for a new engine!

The shop I originally brought it to said that I was at fault for not keeping up with the oil changes. My husband never questioned it so I assumed they were right. My son had confidence in me and was sure there was a mistake.

After being urged by a good girlfriend to call a Mazda dealer it turns out that I WASN'T delinquent and there was an extended warranty on the timing chain (whatever THAT is).

I am feeling very happy (and vindicated) today! Woot! Woot!

The shop I originally brought it to said that I was at fault for not keeping up with the oil changes. My husband never questioned it so I assumed they were right. My son had confidence in me and was sure there was a mistake.

After being urged by a good girlfriend to call a Mazda dealer it turns out that I WASN'T delinquent and there was an extended warranty on the timing chain (whatever THAT is).

Congrats on your good fortune Kris..I know nothing about Cars, but it sounds like it was going to be expensive.

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

That's great news to hear! Happy for ya!

Congrats on your good fortune Kris..I know nothing about Cars, but it sounds like it was going to be expensive.

Thank you! You have no idea the restraint required for not getting in the people who doubted me's face with a big middle finger!!

Or maybe a tongue sticking straight out! But no, I won't do that.

I'll just flash my million dollar smile. ;)