What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

A friend has just called me to say that he has arranged a corporate hospitality evening for Next Wednesdays game at Manchester United v Southampton. He will collect me and bring me home and the deal is Champagne and Canopes on arrival, 4 course dinner, top seats, meet ex players, post match drinks, private parking space,match programme in other words THE FULL WORKS. Cost to me Gratis, sans dosh :thumbsup::cheer:

That sounds AWESOME!!!

:thumbsup:

Mazda is covering my car bill for a new engine!

The shop I originally brought it to said that I was at fault for not keeping up with the oil changes. My husband never questioned it so I assumed they were right. My son had confidence in me and was sure there was a mistake.

After being urged by a good girlfriend to call a Mazda dealer it turns out that I WASN'T delinquent and there was an extended warranty on the timing chain (whatever THAT is).

I am feeling very happy (and vindicated) today! Woot! Woot!

Good for you! I had a similar experience where I had multiple things wrong, took it in the get fixed and it ALL was under warranty!

:)

My beautiful daughter just called me and she finished the first tri-semester of her degree with high distinction. She is studying Events Management and we have a future promoter in our midst. So proud of Alina! Go girl!

Glad for your daughter Reg! Congratulations to you and your family!

:)

A friend has just called me to say that he has arranged a corporate hospitality evening for Next Wednesdays game at Manchester United v Southampton. He will collect me and bring me home and the deal is Champagne and Canopes on arrival, 4 course dinner, top seats, meet ex players, post match drinks, private parking space,match programme in other words THE FULL WORKS. Cost to me Gratis, sans dosh :thumbsup::cheer:

Sounds like a hell of a night ! Say hi to Bobby C for me :lol:

Thanks guys. Apparently it is one of the best VIP packages in the Premier League. I must be careful how much wine I drink - don't want to go to the loo as we stick in the third :lol:

One of the guys who I am going with is a big Saints fan. In the unlikely event of them scoring I would love to see his reaction!

A full match report and what actually was presented for the 300 english notes per person, on Thursday.

By the way Ally, many ex players will be there and if i see baldy I'll drop your regards?

Edited by chillumpuffer

Thanks guys. Apparently it is one of the best VIP packages in the Premier League. I must be careful how much wine I drink - don't want to go to the loo as we stick in the third :lol:

One of the guys who I am going with is a big Saints fan. In the unlikely event of them scoring I would love to see his reaction!

A full match report and what actually was presented for the 300 english notes per person, on Thursday.

By the way Ally, many ex players will be there and if i see baldy I'll drop your regards?

Yes, he usually is. I think Pat Crerand and Lou Macari are fixtures there too !

Edited by ally

^ You know much about our land Ally? Are you an ex pat?

Born in Stranraer raised in Canada. Have been following fitba for as long as I can remember

Edited by ally

Replaying my videos from last nights 'Heart' concert at The Hanover Theatre in Worcester, MA. I learned during the show that the 'Woo' (short for Worcester) is where they kicked off this tour.

I'm telling you, if you get a chance to see them, do it.

'Alone' made me cry. Not only because I love the song, but Ann's voice was spot on.

'Crazy on You' gave me goosebumps. Nancy can really play her guitar. For real.

Their finale was 'Black Dog'. I'm speechless.

Rock on, ladies.

a surprise visit from 3 old school mates. i hadn't seen 2 of them in 30 or so years .... thanks again, facebook! :)

It's starting to happen for you then! I remember a conversation between several female members about this a few weeks back. Great news.

Replaying my videos from last nights 'Heart' concert at The Hanover Theatre in Worcester, MA.

'Alone' made me cry. Not only because I love the song, but Ann's voice was spot on.

Two of their best in my opinion, glad you had a great time.

It's starting to happen for you then! I remember a conversation between several female members about this a few weeks back. Great news.

the one about not having best friends? well, these girls weren't best friends or even close, just school mates. which is even more amazing that they took the time to drive quite a way to see me. it was a lovely gesture. i love facebook for this kind of thing! :)

Replaying my videos from last nights 'Heart' concert at The Hanover Theatre in Worcester, MA. I learned during the show that the 'Woo' (short for Worcester) is where they kicked off this tour.

I'm telling you, if you get a chance to see them, do it.

Their finale was 'Black Dog'. I'm speechless.

Rock on, ladies.

That's awesome!! I saw them in the mid-80s and they remain one of my favorite ever concerts! :)

the one about not having best friends? well, these girls weren't best friends or even close, just school mates. which is even more amazing that they took the time to drive quite a way to see me. it was a lovely gesture. i love facebook for this kind of thing! :)

That's wonderful! :) It's wonderful too how you can pick up with old friends like no time has passed :)