What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My daughter was married on Saturday. The wedding went without a glitch.

After the dress fiasco, it was a great relief. She had custom ordered a dress from China. It arrived with the waist and top measurements reversed. The alteration attempts caused the satin to ravel. Nothing like a wedding dress problem to cause distress. Oh, well, the replacement dress was many times more beautiful. We were fortunate to find a sale price that blew our minds.

This past week was so much fun, rehearsal dinner, the wedding, the reception and then the dance afterward. B)

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter was married on Saturday. The wedding went without a glitch.

After the dress fiasco, it was a great relief. She had custom ordered a dress from China. It arrived with the waist and top measurements reversed. The alteration attempts caused the satin to ravel. Nothing like a wedding dress problem to cause distress. Oh, well, the replacement dress was many times more beautiful. We were fortunate to find a sale price that blew our minds.

This past week was so much fun, rehearsal dinner, the wedding, the reception and then the dance afterward. B)

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!

I am glad that it went well and was fun for you.

Best wishes to the couple for a long and happy life together!

Well :

1) The fact that I got an A+ on my assignment :yay:

2) The fact that I discovered such an awesome band from Sweden going by the name "Graveyard" which has successfully satisfied my immense thirst for the blues and psychedelic rock! :wub:B)

Here is a little preview of Graveyard's work!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

My sons' former high school football team really whipped their opponent last night at the season's opener.

The other team was three times bigger in size and numbers (our team only had 34 players), but our little guys were much better coached, as usual.

This first game has always been a big rivalry. Our team lost to them last year for the first time since 2004. Last year was the first year since 2004 that our team did not make the state playoffs. Their record was 6 and 4 last year..

It looks like the team is roaring back this year and hopefully will go to the playoffs again.

Just a note: I am amazed that no one has posted in this thread since August 02!

Hopefully, people will be more positive and post more happy thoughts now that alot of the trolls are now banned.

But it will only be a matter of time before they are back again. Enjoy the peace while you can!

Edited to say: Congrats on the A+ Kiwi!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I'm very happy the weekend has finally arrived, after a super busy week last week! :)

Also really psyched about the race I'm doing with my daughters next Saturday; we've been training since June, and this morning was our last group training run! :):running:

I'm very happy the weekend has finally arrived, after a super busy week last week! :)

Also really psyched about the race I'm doing with my daughters next Saturday; we've been training since June, and this morning was our last group training run! :):running:

Good Luck to you and the girls, Virginia!

Let us know how it goes.

My sons' former high school football team really whipped their opponent last night at the season's opener.

The other team was three times bigger in size and numbers (our team only had 34 players), but our little guys were much better coached, as usual.

This first game has always been a big rivalry. Our team lost to them last year for the first time since 2004. Last year was the first year since 2004 that our team did not make the state playoffs. Their record was 6 and 4 last year..

It looks like the team is roaring back this year and hopefully will go to the playoffs again.

Just a note: I am amazed that no one has posted in this thread since August 02!

Hopefully, people will be more positive and post more happy thoughts now that alot of the trolls are now banned.

But it will only be a matter of time before they are back again. Enjoy the peace while you can!

Edited to say: Congrats on the A+ Kiwi!

Thanks BUCK! :D I was pretty shocked to be honest when I saw my grade! :P Sorry about the late reply! And hopefully, your team will continue their winning streak and make it to the play-offs! *fingers crossed Good luck! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

The day before yesterday, I finally found a torrent for a Zep bootleg I've been looking for for months. But when it started downloading, there was only one seed, and it said it would take 14 days. 24 hours later, I had about 7% of it.

When I checked it this morning, there were 2 seeds, and it was coming down 10x faster. No idea why, but there you go. And this evening, it completed. Yay!

Also, I found some price-reduced Quorn Fajitas today. Was £2.50, reduced to 30p. So I bought 3 packets. Very nice! Looks like vegetarians aren't insane after all!

The race is done and I am so proud of my daughters, both of whom are new runners and did an awesome job!! :D My sister ran with us, as did many of our friends; and my family came out to cheer us on. Not to mention that it's a gloriously beautiful day :) Now we're ready for some football.... Go "Hoos !! :)

The race is done and I am so proud of my daughters, both of whom are new runners and did an awesome job!! :D My sister ran with us, as did many of our friends; and my family came out to cheer us on. Not to mention that it's a gloriously beautiful day :) Now we're ready for some football.... Go "Hoos !! :)

Sounds like everything went to plan :) ! Great to get kids involved in such a worthy cause.

The day before yesterday, I finally found a torrent for a Zep bootleg I've been looking for for months. But when it started downloading, there was only one seed, and it said it would take 14 days. 24 hours later, I had about 7% of it.

When I checked it this morning, there were 2 seeds, and it was coming down 10x faster. No idea why, but there you go. And this evening, it completed. Yay!

Also, I found some price-reduced Quorn Fajitas today. Was £2.50, reduced to 30p. So I bought 3 packets. Very nice! Looks like vegetarians aren't insane after all!

What are Quorn Fajitas? :blink: Not something native to Texas I would venture. Does it even come on hooves originally? B)

Going to my daughter's for target practice (skeet shooting). I received a 20g shotgun for Christmas. This is my second time to shoot it. I've been really busy. I used to have great marksmanship, we'll see what remains. B)

I've only tried trap once and hit one out of 25. Damn, those 12 guages kick like a mule. :lol:

Today I had two old fashioned do-nuts.

:D

The weather was absolutely perfect today! And the O's won!!!

And now, I'm having a Dogfish Head 60 Minute... what a fabulous day!!! :D

We can score runs no doubt. We have the offense to be a good team But the pitching must get better next year for us to get back in the race before I leave this earth. 1983 was a long time ago. Who could have dreamed that we could have been bad for so long with the power house teams I grew up watching?

Listening to recordings of my son playing "Voodoo Chile" and "Little Wing" at an open mic night when he was 16. His current band will be touring soon, but they're a metal group. You can't tell I am proud of him can you? :D

So I have to listen to recordings for what I think he is best at. Unless I convince him to play for me. B)