What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Found some clothes I haven't worn in ten years and they still fit.

wow, now that is something to be happy about! well done! :)

Received a phone call...I start work on Monday morning 07.15.Mon - Fri 07.15 -14.25 for approx six months .(all on minimum wage of course)But a job.........Well fuck my old boots!!!!!!!

that is so good to hear, plantpothead! very happy for you :)

None of my e-mails vanished into thin air today... or yesterday... or whenever..

That makes me happy.

I hate when that happens. Hope it doesn't happen to you often.

Just rediscovering this forum & that am gonna be a regular for now onwards :-)

Greetings and welcome back Ugra. :wave: Were you Ugra before or did you have a different username?

England's exit from the world cup

Cheeky chap you are, CP! ;)

Received a phone call...I start work on Monday morning 07.15.Mon - Fri 07.15 -14.25 for approx six months .(all on minimum wage of course)But a job.........Well fuck my old boots!!!!!!!

It is said "idle hands are the work of the devil", so good onya for getting some work. Congrats and may this lead to long-term work and a promotion in the future.

TGIF! :yay::beer:

Mrs CP has suggested we do the jigsaw of the Pacific Ocean or continue to watch the football. No doubt at all. Lets see the picture !

So once again, Mrs. CP comes to the rescue. You've got yourself a keeper CP.

It warms the cockles of my heart...or the heart of my cockles...to see a happy couple such as yourselves, CP. I get the same warm, fuzzy feeling from planted and slavetozep and their respective beaus.

CONGRATULATIONS, take advantage of it, it might provide some new skill sets, and give you a chance to move up!

Catching my first smallmouth bass in almost 2 years. Got one this morning on my kayak, tremendous fight. I thought I was going to lose it, too. It was not huge, only about 2 pounds. When it hit my lure, it felt like it was trying to rip the rod out of my hands.

So once again, Mrs. CP comes to the rescue. You've got yourself a keeper CP.

It warms the cockles of my heart...or the heart of my cockles...to see a happy couple such as yourselves, CP. I get the same warm, fuzzy feeling from planted and slavetozep and their respective beaus.

:yesnod:

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Mrs CP starting her voluntary work in a Hospice shop this morning. Packing her off with a packed lunch. It's only a morning a week but she is looking forward to it. That leaves me the morning to do chores and maybe a cycle ride on the canal towpath to the village on this glorious summers day.

Sorry I forgot:

Congrats are in order for Tomloge for catching his Bass, Plantpothead scoring a job, Sosozoso's new addition, Chalks fav band back together and of course Striders best wishes - what a guy !!

Edited by chillumpuffer

Seeing Mrs CP starting her voluntary work in a Hospice shop this morning. Packing her off with a packed lunch. It's only a morning a week but she is looking forward to it. That leaves me the morning to do chores and maybe a cycle ride on the canal towpath to the village on this glorious summers day.

Sorry I forgot:

Congrats are in order for Tomloge for catching his Bass, Plantpothead scoring a job, Sosozoso's new addition, Chalks fav band back together and of course Striders best wishes - what a guy !!

Volunteering for Hospice?

She's an angel. Oncology is tough enough most days, no way could I handle hospice.

God love her.

Seeing the people gored and stampeded by the bulls during that silly "Running of the Bulls" tradition in Spain. Maybe it is Spain's way of thinning the herd of idiots...sort of like their Darwin Awards. It goes without saying that I root for the bulls.

Volunteering for Hospice?

She's an angel. Oncology is tough enough most days, no way could I handle hospice.

God love her.

Thanks Planted. It is not IN the Hospice. It is a charity shop which provides funds for the Hospice.She really enjoyed it and she would like to do more. These places would not function if it weren't for volunteers and the good will of people donating time and unwanted items for them to sell.

Had no idea you love to cycle! We are in a club of 2!!

Oh yes CJW. I have never driven a car so it is my mode of transport. We have just had The Tour De France start just over the hills from me last weekend and the amount of cyclists who peddle pass our house is truly amazing. 2 wheels good 4 wheels bad !!

Found some great deals on workout shirts and shoes, while stumbling upon a Dick's sporting goods clearance sale.

I was wondering why we hadn't seen pph around here lately. Congrats to him!

CP, that's nice the mrs. is putting her free time to good use. My wife's first counseling job was working with Hospice. Tough job for a young professional, but she still says she learned more there than any of her other therapist jobs she has had, and it was the most rewarding as well.