What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

well, I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the unhappy thread ....

My uncle passed away last week, he was 86. He was my Mums brother.

My grandparents had 7 boys in a row, and then 2 girls ( can you imagine? )

He was the youngest boy, and now there is just my aunty left - my Mum was the youngest child, and she died first .....

It was happy because I got to see lots of old friends of myself, and my Mothers. Relos and school friends etc. nice.

Great news, Walter! Fist bump Mrs Walter for me!

Done! :)

Nicely done, Mrs. Walter! Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out!!

Glad to hear the news for Mrs. Walter. Hope everything works out....

'Atta girl, Mrs W...we always say to patients in similar situations, "We hope we never see you again and it's nothing personal"

Happy to hear this news Walter! Glad there's at least one thing going right for somebody today.

....Walter, wishing you and Mrs. Walter well and very happy for you as you share this moment with fans.....

All the best to Mrs Walter

Best wishes to Mrs Walter, and to you, Walter! :)

Amazing news for both of you. Hoping for the best for Mrs. W!

Had a kickass workout tonight. Hopefully it means I sleep better tonight, although I'm sure I'll be posting about the very same workout in the 'what made you unhappy' thread in a day or two lol

Lets hope your years together will remain long,best wishes to Mrs W.

glad to hear that she made it through all of that! continued good vibes sent to you :)

Thank you to every one of you! I just handed her my phone so she could read all of your comments. We are both so touched by your kind words and well wishes. This place holds a special place in my heart, because of the wonderful people that are here. Thank you again!

:yourock:

^ It's heartwarming that you and Mrs. W got even a little lift of spirits from it, Walter. Thanks for sharing, and continued blessings to your family :)

Congrats on the work out, know the feeling very well.

Thanks, Charles, already feeling it. Protein powder helps a lot. It's hard getting back into it again, but after a long delay due to an injury, it's great to be getting out of one shape and into another :D

Received a totally unexpected handmade gift from India today! It's so fun getting a package in the mail. :) After some thinking of where to put my gift, they are now guarding my Led Zeppelin cds. Namaste.

attachicon.gif20150206_005924.jpg

Awwww...that looks like such a cute gift! :wave::D Like the old saying goes "Nice Things for Awesome People!" :) Your fab Led Zep collection is definitely in good hands! ;)

Currently sitting with Mrs. Walter as she takes her very last chemotherapy treatment. In some ways this past year seems so long and other ways - so short.

Three cheers for Mrs. Walter! :D Honestly, she seems to be such an inspirational lady! My kindest and best regards and wishes to her, you and your little son, Walter! :wave:

Three cheers for Mrs. Walter! :D Honestly, she seems to be such an inspirational lady! My kindest and best regards and wishes to her, you and your little son, Walter! :wave:

Thanks Kiwi! She's tough, that's for sure. We're doing well here, hope you are also! :)

ebk made me happy today. :)

Washington DC's NBA team has one of the stupidest monikers ever...The Wizards, often embarrassingly shortened to The Wiz. Try saying that with a straight face.

But thanks to ebk, I now have a much more fun and interesting way of referring to Washington's NBA team: Les Boulez! A French reference to their past life as the Washington Bullets.

Actually, ebk has also given us a fun way to refer to DC's NFL team. Instead of the Redskins, it's the Taters!

Thanks ebk! :)

:blush:

Awwww....that's so sweet. And you made my day!! It's amazing how bad sports teams can cheer one up!

Or something... :)

Edit to add: I must give credit where credit is due - both of those names came from my favorite sportscaster, Tony Kornheiser. He does a great local, daily radio show which I never miss.

Edited by ebk