What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

^^^

Indeed CJW. I took some girls to a Spice Girls concert in the same interest of harmony.

I'm OUT!!! :yay: Finally out of the hospital. No more needles, no more tubes, no more hospital food.

Looking forward to getting back to civilian life.

Great to read this Strider! Hope you have a great weekend!

I'm having a party tonight, as it was my 60th yesterday, I even had my hair cut !! Going to Newquay in Cornwall on Monday for a week, going on my own, hotel booked. I'm looking forward to both so I'm actually happy at the moment.

Happy 60th birthday pph!!!

:birthday:

Great news Sean. What is (was) the first thing you tucked into?

I wish I could say I tucked into a Bangkok by way of Delhi feast, CP, but I played it safe at first...a carrot soup and fruit salad, tomato juice and a pot of white ginger pear tea.

post-1470-0-82525800-1426955361_thumb.jp

Sean, I am glad you are out and doing better my friend. I am sure we will speak in the next day or so.

Happy 60th Plantpothead:-) Have a wonderful time on your trip!

apantherfrommd, what a nice suprise. We have a great community here for the most part :-)

My wife just got a great job!! Hit the lottery as far as jobs in NY go!!!!! Unbelievable. Very big position and very prestigious!!! I cannot give specs but its great news!!!! :toast:

That's great news Rick. Mazel tov!!!

^^ Great news on your wife getting a great job Rick:-)

Walter..Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas?...One of my best friends is management at that hotel. I have done many a fam tour there when I worked in the Bahamas a few years ago:-)

Charles, how great to walk with your son and with the doggie (person with fur). What a great Dad:-)

I finally got my computer fixed. Now it is running so fast :)

It's always a happy day when the mailman brings you something other than bills and junkmail...especially from an exotic place like Mississippi. :)

That's wonderful, Strider! :D As the old saying goes, "Nice Things For Nice People" :)

What made me happy today? Getting an opportunity to listen to an old comedy radio show from a by-gone era (it was a radio show by the legendary Jack Benny) and getting a feel of how interesting the radio actually was, those days. :) This is all thanks to a wonderful youtube channel that I found : https://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenageofcinema

That's wonderful, Strider! :D As the old saying goes, "Nice Things For Nice People" :)

What made me happy today? Getting an opportunity to listen to an old comedy radio show from a by-gone era (it was a radio show by the legendary Jack Benny) and getting a feel of how interesting the radio actually was, those days. :) This is all thanks to a wonderful youtube channel that I found : https://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenageofcinema

I remember when I was in Australia you had to have a license for a radio and not the TV. Is that the case in NZ?

^^^Well CP, even though I don't have a radio at home (whenever I listen to a radio station (like "The Rock FM" for example) I always listen in, by tuning in through my phone), I know for a fact that you need to have a license to broadcast music from a radio station if you are (for instance) running a business (large or small). Anything which is classified as a "public performance" is liable for a fee, unless of course the owner of the said radio has a license.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/rodney-times/747150

It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me!

I got to sleep in a bit, woke up sans alarm, and the last thing I recall is a dream with the song line I'm the sweetest apple on the tree lol.

And the first thing I heard upon waking was the soft lilting and hooo hooo hooo of a mourning dove. I love them.

I got to sleep in a bit, woke up sans alarm, and the last thing I recall is a dream with the song line I'm the sweetest apple on the tree lol.

And the first thing I heard upon waking was the soft lilting and hooo hooo hooo of a mourning dove. I love them.

The Mourning dove, did you get the smell of lillies as well :D .

• 2 weeks later...