My 08' Zepp prediction

kozak

Robert will tour with AK while the other 3 guys will reherse and write new material while Robert uses his time with AK as his muse of the moment to generate new Zepp lyrics

the 4 of them will meet this summer to practice the new material and get the kinks out, and then in the fall they will record, and distribute a record for next holiday season and commence a 08'/09' limited world tour of major cities in 2-3 night stands

B)

Robert will tour with AK while the other 3 guys will reherse and write new material while Robert uses his time with AK as his muse of the moment to generate new Zepp lyrics

the 4 of them will meet this summer to practice the new material and get the kinks out, and then in the fall they will record, and distribute a record for next holiday season and commence a 08'/09' limited world tour of major cities in 2-3 night stands

B)

it would be cool if it could happen.

I'm currently listening to a lot of their studio outtakes, where Robert just kind of hums what becomes the main lines.

It's kind of neat to see the songs forming. I imagine if they all agreed to do some "Pre-Robert" work, Robert could come in and add to the music and transform it as well.

B)

I think that would makes good sense B)

I honestly feel it's not fair we weren't there :(

I know life isn't necessarily fair it is not about them owing us really but if you are really a long time fan and have WAITED for 27 years for this to have it happen only the one time...I can't say THAT makes a hell of alot of sense.

If not for the fans~on a worldwide level~there would not have been a great success story for Atlantic or 4 the many bands that have made their way in the world of competitive musicanship with them.

Let's face it~yes Ahmet is/was one great genius, ahead of his time, that revolutionized the record industry. He organized and forged the way but without the support of the fans....there's nothing to celebrate really ...is there?

Just wish there was a way to convey this to the guys, in a way they might understand and re-consider.

I for one would like to see them play a few major cities in the US and then make a few stop offs with some of the other continental fanbase.

It is a dream come true that they came together again~no doubt~ B)

If I could speak 2 them, I'd say~c'mon guys just finish what U started?

It's like gettting all this overthetop fantastic orgasmic foreplay and then pulling out just shy of the big finale :o:blink::(

It's what I want ~it's what I need~I'm on my knees~call'n baby please?

Still wait'n and hold'n out .... ;)

B)

Wake up...............you're dreaming.

B)

HA HA

I want to live in your world..............

I wish it could all be true

As others have pointed out many times, even a one off reunion show was an unlikely dream just a few months ago. If only the magic they produced on Monday was picked up by Robert Plant then there is still plenty of hope for more. However varied and interesting his solo career has been, nothing comes even remotely close to the power of Kashmir or the blast of In My Time Of Dying. It's really just a question of whether he still sees that as something from his past which should be left to lie, or whether he feels the magic and can't resist another ride.

I like the idea of Page, Jones and Bonham doing some preparatory work for new material, and I wouldn't give up hope on something like that happening. They've been far more positive in the few things they've said than, say, Pink Floyd were after Live 8.

I think that would makes good sense B)

I honestly feel it's not fair we weren't there :(

I know life isn't necessarily fair it is not about them owing us really but if you are really a long time fan and have WAITED for 27 years for this to have it happen only the one time...I can't say THAT makes a hell of alot of sense.

If not for the fans~on a worldwide level~there would not have been a great success story for Atlantic or 4 the many bands that have made their way in the world of competitive musicanship with them.

Let's face it~yes Ahmet is/was one great genius, ahead of his time, that revolutionized the record industry. He organized and forged the way but without the support of the fans....there's nothing to celebrate really ...is there?

Just wish there was a way to convey this to the guys, in a way they might understand and re-consider.

I for one would like to see them play a few major cities in the US and then make a few stop offs with some of the other continental fanbase.

It is a dream come true that they came together again~no doubt~ B)

If I could speak 2 them, I'd say~c'mon guys just finish what U started?

It's like gettting all this overthetop fantastic orgasmic foreplay and then pulling out just shy of the big finale :o:blink::(

It's what I want ~it's what I need~I'm on my knees~call'n baby please?

Still wait'n and hold'n out .... ;)

I can agree with alot of what you have said. :console:

(I'm sure someone will tell me off for saying such things but one has ones own opinion)

I think Jimmy's quote that they shouldn't have let the Genii out of the bottle sums it up best.

I like many others had laid Zep to rest a long time ago (as far as live performance is concerned)

Even when news began to filter through about the O2 I was reluctant to believe it.

But there it is -THEY did it! Although to the exclusion of MOST of thier fans.

& that's just cruel if they end up saying -sorry no more.

I'm not holding my breath for anymore but I think we just have to wait and see.

It may be a DVD of the 02 is all we ever get.

B)

I know people may say you are dreaming, but I definitely think it is a possibility. I don't know, I am finding myself looking forward to their touring. IMO just because Robert is touring with Alison (which I am looking forward to BTW), I don't believe it rules out a Zep tour. I sure hope. I would love to see them. But I definitely think it is a possibility.

ok,

1st- robert mentioned he wouldnt like to tour but, maybe to play with them again someday didn't he?

2nd- I would think if the band of 3 put together some interesting stuff he would like to be a part of it for a new release- he does have an super-ego right?

3rd- hitting major cities could be just 10 give or take, just enough to play their catolouge of favorites, make a new live dvd,cd and new studio record

4th- Wouldn't all the notoriaty only further the attention paid to his continuing solo efforts?

Keep the positive vibes going, but be realistic too. Even if they decide to tour at their age they will probably do a relatively light tour - maybe 30-40 cities over a few months at the most. Regardless of it being a small or large tour, tickets will be a bitch to get! They really will and they may just implement the same lottery system as this show. Zep hated scalpers and they want everyone to have an equal chance..............just a thought. I'm praying for Seattle 08'

B)

I hope 't will happen so,with all my heart

But they did.

Perhaps the reality is more than obvious for U and others lucky enough 2 B there but 4 the rest of us...well....if not for the internet, pix, the hope of a coming DVD it would be hard to get a feel for what it is to experience ~the end~of a loooooong 27 year wait~ :(

Keep the positive vibes going, but be realistic too. Even if they decide to tour at their age they will probably do a relatively light tour - maybe 30-40 cities over a few months at the most. Regardless of it being a small or large tour, tickets will be a bitch to get! They really will and they may just implement the same lottery system as this show. Zep hated scalpers and they want everyone to have an equal chance..............just a thought. I'm praying for Seattle 08'

True enough!

I'm a little puzzled that Jimmy would tell the others indirectly through the press that he'd be willing to donate his new tunes into a LZ reunion. Why would he have to do this unless the others were already reluctant to even listen to his stuff, or he felt uneasy about approaching them? So I'm really waiting for the silence to be broken there. Plus JPJ has been working on his next solo album for years also. So we can count Robert out of the mix for at least the next 6-7 months but we need to figure out what JPJ and Jimmy are going to do next. If JPJ goes back to finishing his solo album then I think that's going to be it. There is no way they can all multitask between their solo careers and reviving Led Zeppelin. They kind of have to decide what is more important. If they go back to their solo projects they can still play a few limited gigs like the O2 show but it will be just an extended victory lap and not the activity of a truly vital band.

This is usually the problem with groups. It is not that they break up. It is that everyone goes and gets involved in things and then no one are in sync again for everyone to come together. Long story short. I think they will and can work out whatever they need to if they want to do it badly enough just like anyone else. I'll say it again. I believe that the solo projects can continue amongst new Zeppelin l.p.s and tours. Whether or not that is what they will do remains to be seen but I think the evidence is there for that to all happen. I think we are not hearing anything from the camp because things are not finalised yet. I imagine in the new year decisions will be made and sometime next year some thing or things will be followed through...

I'm a little puzzled that Jimmy would tell the others indirectly through the press that he'd be willing to donate his new tunes into a LZ reunion. Why would he have to do this unless the others were already reluctant to even listen to his stuff, or he felt uneasy about approaching them? So I'm really waiting for the silence to be broken there. Plus JPJ has been working on his next solo album for years also. So we can count Robert out of the mix for at least the next 6-7 months but we need to figure out what JPJ and Jimmy are going to do next. If JPJ goes back to finishing his solo album then I think that's going to be it. There is no way they can all multitask between their solo careers and reviving Led Zeppelin. They kind of have to decide what is more important. If they go back to their solo projects they can still play a few limited gigs like the O2 show but it will be just an extended victory lap and not the activity of a truly vital band.

An extended victory lap would still be an opportunity for me to see them, hopefully in NYC!!!

An extended victory lap would still be an opportunity for me to see them, hopefully in NYC!!!

that's all I am hoping for at this point...for 08 anyway. i can't see any "world tour" plans happening in 08 with the Plant/Krauss dates basically set through June. If we are extremely lucky, we will get a couple nights at the Garden, or some other major city will get a couple of nights. it just not physically or chronologically possible for more than that in 08. i think its safe to say that those 20,000 were just absolute lottery winners. We can sit here and speculate all day everyday, but its a waste of time. Perhaps the New Year will bring new hope.

ok this is my prediction...i think plant is moved on, not wanting to go back to his youth and heyday. which is understandble. maybe a lot of persuasion might convince him to budge a little bit. like i do remember reading that before in through the out door and knebworth, it took a lot for him to do the sessions and the concerts thereafter. so its just gonna take time..and time will tell.

Keep the positive vibes going, but be realistic too. Even if they decide to tour at their age they will probably do a relatively light tour - maybe 30-40 cities over a few months at the most.

30-40 cities over a few months is a relatively LIGHT tour?

LMMFAO!!!

What in your opinion Pearl is a HEAVY Tour???

:rolleyes:

Archived