Any Drinkers here?

kingzoso

I am sure this has been a topic or probably discussed already, regardless, how many on this Great Forum also like to imbibe from time to time?

I will start. After I get off work, I like to eat a good meal and then log on to this website and drink a few Budweisers. I always have more than one website going at the same time as I am on this site. Always YouTube and and one or more going at the same time. I keep my eye on this site almost everyday while I am also doing (or listening) to a lot of different full Led Zeppelin bootlegs that others have been very graciously posted. I only post my topics or opinions when I feel I have something to contribute or I happen to disagree with something someone as said. I mean no harm or disrespect, however, I am strongly firm in my beliefs (as is everyone else).

Back to my original topic. I am a Budweiser drinker and not really a hard liquor drinker.

If i'm in party mode, up for a session, or out for a big one, my choice of drink is Margarita's. In fact, mix me up a nice big pitcher. Equal quantities Tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and ice, no salt.

Only problem is the next morning, when it feels like the tequila has stripped the lining off my stomach.

My other downfall is preparing and cooking a fairly involved dinner. I tend to sip away at white wine while i'm prepping. Of course, the more prep, the more wine I drink ..... oops

Hey WC - Cornwall was fab. Went to Eden Project but not alas, to your fav bay.

Tequila: Oh deary me. Many, many years ago we got into Slammers. Tequila and soda (I think). An ex girlfriend fell straight off her chair and I went to the dark side. Never touched it since. In fact the smell of the stuff gives me a feeling of death.

Yes I also sip during the prep. But also I may slip in a fat one of 'erbs. I always ensure any knife work has been done before I light up. Still by the time it's sit down time I could eat the table !! :munchies:

I was at one time but have for the most part walked away from it. Sometimes I will drink a girl beer like Corona if something is cooking on the grill with a group of friends but I only do that when my kids are not around. Something which I'm unable to put my finger on makes me feel sad and depressed over the idea of my daughter or son watching there dad get drunk - so for that reason, I don't drink around them nor would I let them see me hung over in bed the next day – it seem sad and pathetic to me. I do like red wines during holidays with a meal or at night after skiing or kayaking when the kids have gone to bed. I came from a family of drinkers so I’m glad it more or less stopped with me.

I was at one time but have for the most part walked away from it. Sometimes I will drink a girl beer like Corona if something is cooking on the grill with a group of friends but I only do that when my kids are not around. Something which I'm unable to put my finger on makes me feel sad and depressed over the idea of my daughter or son watching there dad get drunk - so for that reason, I don't drink around them nor would I let them see me hung over in bed the next day – it seem sad and pathetic to me. I do like red wines during holidays with a meal or at night after skiing or kayaking when the kids have gone to bed. I came from a family of drinkers so I’m glad it more or less stopped with me.

Understand where you are CJW. Although I don't drink wine to get drunk. I enjoy the taste and there's nothing as great as sitting around a wood stove with a glass of Rioja and listening to tunes

Although I don't drink wine to get drunk. I enjoy the taste and there's nothing as great as sitting around a wood stove with a glass of Rioja and listening to tunes

Absolutely, moderation is key and something many can't seem to figure out. Can't remember the last time I had a hangover.

I like plenty of alcoholic beverages. I love Jack Daniels, I like Vodka, but I never got into mixing it with soft drinks like everybody does.

Guinness is my favorite beer. And I don't care if it's a chick drink, I love baileys .

Edit: and obviously Tequila. How could I forget that one!

Edited by magerogue