I TAKE IT BACK ABOUT STH!

God love for your opinion... if you like it or dont like it.

You like it...cool. Fine by me...

BUT there is NO WAY in hell it can be described as "spot-on."

he plays the WRONG notes...

how can mistakes be even remotely considered SPOT on?

I thought there is no god... :rolleyes:

By spot on I don't mean note perfect, or just like the record. Standing there on the night watching Jimmy playing this solo the way he did - it seemed spot on to me. Not the long meandering Stairway solos of old that detracted from the dynamics of the piece. No, it wasn't perfect, but it was great to witness...

Listening to the whole show (thanks 94.1) and in my original review, I said I was tiny bit let down by the STH solo....forget it....it was freaking AWESOME.....great job Jimmy....was beautiful...whole show sounds even better now and I thought it was the best show I've ever been to already....this confirms it....thank you boys!!! :D

kire70 has uploaded a STH video with multiple angles from the O2.

Check it out ! !

LOL

Hey the thing is I DONT CARE IF its sloppy..JUST dont tell me its PERFECT

or its the "feel" or the "soul" or the "wrong" notes are what makes it good...

I HATE that attitude.

OUR HEROS can BE less than perfect.

And if someone says PAGE MADE A MISTAKE why get so pissed about it?

Jimmy Page is ONE of my FAVORITE guitarists.

His every flatulence is not a "golden gift from the GOD" however.

To single out ANY one MAN as the worlds greatest musician or Guitarist is infantile

and ridiculous.

JIMMY PAGE IS MY FAVORITE GUITAR PLAYER

I LOVE LED ZEPPELIN.

THE 02 was MY FAVORITE CONCERT I have ever seen.

ARE statements NO ONE can argue with.

Jimmy Page is not GOD.

cuz THERE is no god.

only humans. differently abled.

I really like this version of STH. Very soulful. There's not much that can be added to this tune after all these years so less is more in this circumstance. Love it love it love it!

First off, I'm not a musician so I can't say "he played it perfect" or "he flubbed it up" but, isn't one of the standards of their music the live show.

They gave us a record (yes I still call them records) this was then a starting point or a jumping off point for them. They were always about the live show. The live show was really where it all happened! You ever knew what was going to happen, you may have known the set list, but you never knew what they were going to do with it, all of them were good enough that they were able to, not improvise, but to change it up as they performed. Create as they went, I used to have a bootleg with a version of Dazed and Confused that was about 20 minutes long... that was the secret you never knew what you were going to get, that's why their shows were all so different. That's why people collect them.

I wasn't like it is today when if you see one show you've seen the whole tour. Besides, love it or hate it, any version of Stairway is better than anything that gets airplay today.

That's just what I think... not a musician and have never seen them live.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL

Hey the thing is I DONT CARE IF its sloppy..JUST dont tell me its PERFECT

or its the "feel" or the "soul" or the "wrong" notes are what makes it good...

I HATE that attitude.

OUR HEROS can BE less than perfect.

And if someone says PAGE MADE A MISTAKE why get so pissed about it?

Jimmy Page is ONE of my FAVORITE guitarists.

His every flatulence is not a "golden gift from the GOD" however.

To single out ANY one MAN as the worlds greatest musician or Guitarist is infantile

and ridiculous.

JIMMY PAGE IS MY FAVORITE GUITAR PLAYER

I LOVE LED ZEPPELIN.

THE 02 was MY FAVORITE CONCERT I have ever seen.

ARE statements NO ONE can argue with.

Jimmy Page is not GOD.

cuz THERE is no god.

only humans. differently abled.

Wouldn't 'spot on' just mean he played it exactly the way we wanted to hear it? Oh, and by the way, Jeff Beck is actually god, Jimmy Page is an angel and Eric Clapton is, well, just really boring.

Wouldn't 'spot on' just mean he played it exactly the way we wanted to hear it? Oh, and by the way, Jeff Beck is actually god, Jimmy Page is an angel and Eric Clapton is, well, just really boring.

How can you say Clapton is boring...he has so much emotion in his solos (you need to hear him live)...I always found Beck to be the boring one (even though he's an amazing player)until I saw him live a few years ago...he was great!!

I thought STH was bloody good, considering it's not my favorite song by a long way. (I thought Kashmir was wonderfuller.) I'm baffled as to what people wanted from Jimmy on that solo that he didn't deliver.

Keep reading the posts, you'll get even more baffled as to what some people have said about the concert. <_<

But, you know, we were there. We know better. :D

B)

Keep reading the posts, you'll get even more baffled as to what some people have said about the concert. <_<

B)

I wasn't there but I've heard the concert and I'm equally baffled in general by how much such an historic and amazing event was so torn apart. :thumbsdown:

OFF TOPIC:

Aqua :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Sorry, it's great to see you here :wave:

I wasn't there but I've heard the concert and I'm equally baffled in general by how much such an historic and amazing event was so torn apart. :thumbsdown:

OFF TOPIC:

Aqua :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Sorry, it's great to see you here :wave:

Hiya, Celia and nine!! :wave: Missed you both!! :'(

I guess I'm destined to be permanently baffled by some of my fellow Zep fans, but all that matters to me is how fabulous it was on the night--as Celia will attest. Did we have a wonderful night, worth every penny and every mile? Damn right we did! :cheer::cheer:

Hiya, Celia and nine!! :wave: Missed you both!! :'(

I guess I'm destined to be permanently baffled by some of my fellow Zep fans, but all that matters to me is how fabulous it was on the night--as Celia will attest. Did we have a wonderful night, worth every penny and every mile? Damn right we did! :cheer::cheer:

Miss you too :'( And you're right - as much of a shame as it is that people tried to rip it to shreds, the important thing is that it happened and you were lucky to experience it first hand and had a fabulous time :thumbsup:

And hearing the positive things from all of you was really great for us not there. It was a shame some people had to tear it apart and try to take the magic away

:angry:

Edited by ninelives

i was at the gig at the front,

and yer this version of stairway left me feeling a bit weird.

it wasnt cus he fluffed a few notes up though.

I think it was too short however. Alot of people were expecting the 4 minute versions with bells and whistles.

None the less i was there at the front, and it was amazing, page making mistakes is just how Page goes. He was under a huge amount of pressure. I think with a world tour he'd get back to that 'place' and perhaps a huge solo will follow! :D

Edited by Crunge

B)

:lol: This is a funny comment to me, for some reason. I guess I get what you're saying about getting more baffled the more you read. :) I guess I'll now be adding to the bafflement. :rolleyes:

Tho,

I too kind of feel like the phrase 'spot on' is kind of misused, in my understanding of it.

I tend to not use this phrase in normal conversation and the only people I've heard use it are my British co-workers and ITV commentators, so it's most likely my misunderstanding.

Not to take anything away from the show. I wasn't there. I have really enjoyed finding all the audio sources and going through people's photos. It's kept me up late many a night since the 10th of December.

My first reaction to STH is that,

"They're playing it a bit fast..."

Then I was amazed that he went straight into the solo rather than play the customary 'warm-up' bars.

The more clear recordings actually show that the solo is really good, especially considering Jimmy is trying to play two guitar parts at once! 8) (solo+background harmony)

I need to check out the ending of the solo again. That's an interesting point.

I was originally a little critical of Robert and want to take it back. After seeing better quality footage I think he was damn great. Wish I could get a good cd copy like the audio geniuses on this site already have. I cant get a decent bootleg of the May 30 77 show or the O2 show. I would gladly send a gift to anyone that would get me a copy. Just PM me. I doubt it will ever happen. I dont know why everyone is so greedy in some ways. Like they dont want anyone else to be able to get the music. Or they are afraid of copyright bullshit laws. If its a gift, then its not selling is it? Ill take my chances and trust someone and pay the shipping and send a gift. If I get burned it wont be the first time in my life. But as for this O2 concert there are alot of lousy audio and videos released on Youtune for example that didnt give the band a fair review. Id like to hear the whole fucking thing on good audio. All the experts here are unwilling to help. And you know who you are.

I guarantee you'll get PMs from people offering you CDs, or at least they might feel less inclined now you've called them greedy. Nobody here is hoarding music--or selling it.

I was originally a little critical of Robert and want to take it back. After seeing better quality footage I think he was damn great. Wish I could get a good cd copy like the audio geniuses on this site already have. I cant get a decent bootleg of the May 30 77 show or the O2 show. I would gladly send a gift to anyone that would get me a copy. Just PM me. I doubt it will ever happen. I dont know why everyone is so greedy in some ways. Like they dont want anyone else to be able to get the music. Or they are afraid of copyright bullshit laws. If its a gift, then its not selling is it? Ill take my chances and trust someone and pay the shipping and send a gift. If I get burned it wont be the first time in my life. But as for this O2 concert there are alot of lousy audio and videos released on Youtune for example that didnt give the band a fair review. Id like to hear the whole fucking thing on good audio. All the experts here are unwilling to help. And you know who you are.

Yikes - actually I've found people really generous with sharing things but as Aqua said, calling them greedy might not exactly make them PM you with offers. As the saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.