Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (O.C.D.)

kingzoso

Anyone have any slight "disorder" that you care  to mention/share? 

I have a few.  I also have a good amount of $ saved up (in the 6 digits), but I like and prefer brand new 100 dollar bills. Even nice clean and crisp $1 bills.  I am not as wealthy as I want to be at this particular moment but I am very comfortable. 

My whole point of this topic is to read about others who have certain "OCD" tendencies.  I have some others, but I would defer to anyone who has the balls to admit such things. 

I have a tendency to clear my throat excessively, because I get the sensation that some phlegm is in my airway (particularly when I'm in bed for the night), and it can quickly progress (digress?) into a mild panic attack.
Sometimes I can clear it well enough without it escalating and drop off to sleep.
But sometimes it can get to the point where I have to get out of bed and drink some water and/or sit on the couch so as not to disturb my wife as well as to allow me to relax enough to lay back down (slouching on the couch relieves the unpleasant sensation whereas laying down is when it's the worst).
I have found it seems to be stress-related, or stress-enhancing, as it happens more when I am stressed anyway.

I also have a pretty strict obedience to a sense of balance / symmetry.
Example: if I accidentally brush my left elbow against something, I feel a strong compulsion to brush my right elbow against something in a similar fashion, so as to balance the sensation I felt from one side on the other side.
If I happen to drag my right heel, I'll feel the need to drag my right heel to match.

I better stop. LOL

If I'm in a conversation with someone, and use the term, "knock on wood," I will find somewhere... a wooden door, floor, or piece of furniture, or if outside, pick up a limb or tap a tree  two to three times.
Yep.

3 hours ago, TypeO said:

I also have a pretty strict obedience to a sense of balance / symmetry. Example: if I accidentally brush my left elbow against something, I feel a strong compulsion to brush my right elbow against something in a similar fashion, so as to balance the sensation I felt from one side on the other side. If I happen to drag my right heel, I'll feel the need to drag my right heel to match.

That is very peculiar. I've never heard of such a thing.

23 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Anyone have any slight "disorder" that you care  to mention/share? 

I have a few.  I also have a good amount of $ saved up (in the 6 digits), but I like and prefer brand new 100 dollar bills. Even nice clean and crisp $1 bills.  I am not as wealthy as I want to be at this particular moment but I am very comfortable. 

My whole point of this topic is to read about others who have certain "OCD" tendencies.  I have some others, but I would defer to anyone who has the balls to admit such things. 

I will actually admit that I made a serious "typo" when I said (in the 6 digits).  My fingers hit the "6" when I meant to type the "4" and I am just "comfortable" and not very.  I am sorry if I misled anyone.  (I am not rich in money but rich in knowledge). 

Back on this subject, I have now been buying socks that are very long in length.  It bothers me when one sock stays high up on my leg and the other sock falls back down to my ankle.  I like my sock to stay high up and even.  Not one sock high up and all good and my other sock hanging low and I have to keep pulling that sock up only to feel it fall back down again after just a few steps. 

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

I will actually admit that I made a serious "typo" when I said (in the 6 digits).  My fingers hit the "6" when I meant to type the "4" and I am just "comfortable" and not very.  I am sorry if I misled anyone.  (I am not rich in money but rich in knowledge). 

Back on this subject, I have now been buying socks that are very long in length.  It bothers me when one sock stays high up on my leg and the other sock falls back down to my ankle.  I like my sock to stay high up and even.  Not one sock high up and all good and my other sock hanging low and I have to keep pulling that sock up only to feel it fall back down again after just a few steps. 

On the matter of socks all mine are either Grey or Black none are patterned  and I never wear them inside out, the toe seam HAS to be on the inside.

11 hours ago, kipper said:

I hate seeing dirty fingernails on cashiers and food servers and if I do I usually just leave.

The old dine and dash, eh?

Numbers are my OCD.  I don't have my car stereo on 13, ever.  I don't have my home system on any enemy car number while watching a race.  If I have shots while watching a race, it's either 2,3, or 4.  Last, I have always avoided the time:  three - fifteen, even when I was younger.  

I have OCD, with regard to numbers, dates and days of the week. For instance, I hate beginning a new task on a Tuesday or on Friday, the 13th. 

With regard to my OCD with numbers, let me explain. This particular incident occurred, while I was in honours year at University. Classes used to conclude for the day at 4 PM. My usual bus used to arrive at the campus bus stop at exactly 4:10 PM, every day and the driver used to wait for 5 minutes at most, before driving away. On that particular day, I could not make it in time to catch the bus, as I had an unexpected meeting with my dissertation supervisor. The meeting lasted for about half an hour and by the time I walked to the bus stop, it was too late. The time was around 4:45 PM and the next bus was due in about 5 minutes. I waited there patiently with other students. As the bus arrived at the bus stop, I saw the unique bus number, along with the names of various destinations along its route, flashing across the digital board. The bus number was 094. I immediately began to panic, as I interpreted the bus number to mean 9 + 4 = 13! I was convinced that it would be bad luck to board that bus, as something terrible might happen because to me, 13 is an unlucky number! So, when the bus driver asked if I would be getting in, I shook my head and ran for my life, even though I knew that I would have to wait another half an hour, for the next bus to arrive! 

I have always had this habit of adding at least the last two digits of bus numbers, flight numbers and train numbers, to see if they add up to 13, before I decide whether or not to board that bus or buy a train or plane ticket. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Ok, don't laugh, but here is one which might cause some to scratch your head. EVERY time I buy an album on the vinyl format from a USED record store, I always pull the album out of the sleeve and check the sleeve for a $20 bill - because for some weird reason in my head I think someone somewhere has left a $20 bill in an album by accident and that I'm destined to find that $20 bill...

57 minutes ago, Charles J. White said:

Ok, don't laugh, but here is one which might cause some to scratch your head. EVERY time I buy an album on the vinyl format from a USED record store, I always pull the album out of the sleeve and check the sleeve for a $20 bill - because for some weird reason in my head I think someone somewhere has left a $20 bill in an album by accident and that I'm destined to find that $20 bill...

Some years ago I called on a friend, that particular day he had been given a bunch of LPs (I don't know why), among them were three Leonard Cohen LPs, So because Cohen was not someone he was into he gave them to me. A couple of weeks later I decided to give "Songs of Love and Hate"  a spin, inside the sleeve were two ten pound notes. I gave one of the notes  to him and kept the other, my cut from the find.

On 2/28/2016 at 2:19 AM, SteveAJones said:

That is very peculiar. I've never heard of such a thing.

LOL, then let me expound even further and really give you .

Once while I was speaking to some guy, I accidentally spit a small droplet of saliva that landed on my forearm - not an entirely uncommon occurrence in and of itself.
This created a slight cool sensation from the moisture on my arm and, without missing a beat as I continued talking, I touched my finger to my tongue to wet it and touched the opposite forearm in the same general spot in order to feel the same cool sensation from the moisture on my skin.
This was so second-nature to me I didn't even consider it, but the guy I was talking to was instantly like, "Wait - WTF was that???"
I actually asked him what he was referring to, at first (again, because it was so part of simply how I was, LOL), and he was like, "Why'd you lick your finger and touch it to your arm???"

Much like now, I attempted explaining it to him.
It was prefaced with, "you're gonna think I'm pretty crazy, but..."

True story...

On 3/1/2016 at 3:52 AM, Charles J. White said:

There's a movie called 'Finnegan, Begin Again' with Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Preston and Sylvia Sidney. Sidney was Preston's wife who passes away. They come to find that she had hidden over $6,000 in $20 bills in her big book collection. :)

On 3/2/2016 at 6:25 PM, TypeO said:

LOL, then let me expound even further and really give you .

Once while I was speaking to some guy, I accidentally spit a small droplet of saliva that landed on my forearm - not an entirely uncommon occurrence in and of itself.
This created a slight cool sensation from the moisture on my arm and, without missing a beat as I continued talking, I touched my finger to my tongue to wet it and touched the opposite forearm in the same general spot in order to feel the same cool sensation from the moisture on my skin.
This was so second-nature to me I didn't even consider it, but the guy I was talking to was instantly like, "Wait - WTF was that???"
I actually asked him what he was referring to, at first (again, because it was so part of simply how I was, LOL), and he was like, "Why'd you lick your finger and touch it to your arm???"

Much like now, I attempted explaining it to him.
It was prefaced with, "you're gonna think I'm pretty crazy, but..."

True story...

THat is so funny I think I peed my pants a little.  But don't worry because I'm not like you so I wont poop a little to even it out. hehe

On 3/3/2016 at 3:08 AM, Reggie29 said:

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but all the letters are in alphabetical order, just as they should be!

Funny you should mention...

The thread on this forum entitled Random Picutre Thread drives me fuckin' crazy every time I see it.
I feel like I'd be willing to PayPal money to Sam to correct the spelling on that.