what are your 5 least favorite Led Zeppelin songs?

zeppelincheetah

Hats of to (Roy) Harper is all I can think of... I love all their other songs.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH........that's actually my FAVOURITE. :angry:

In no particular order:

Dancing Days

Carouselambra

Darlene

Achilles' Last Stand

Down by the Seaside

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH........that's actually my FAVOURITE. :angry:

In no particular order:

Dancing Days

Carouselambra

Darlene

Achilles' Last Stand

Down by the Seaside

:D Take it easy, it's just a matter of personal taste. I love Achilles Last Stand and it's one of my favorites, so I cannot understand your choice but I respect it, we all have our own taste and that's good :hippy:

And I always have to ask: How can anyone not like Bron-Yr-Aur?

I'm wondering about that too, the only complaint I would have about it is that it is way too short :)

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned STH yet, as a lot of people here seem to "love" it so much ;)

Dazed And Confused

The Battle Of Evermore

The Song Remains the Same

Trampled Underfoot

Down By the Seaside

*edit--they aren't "least favorites" of mine, I hate them. I suppose I shouldn't post this list then...oh well :lol:

Wow, one or two really unusual choices.

One of the top ten favourite zep songs Dazed

Title track to the movie.

The song that could have been the stand out track of the fourth album had Stairway not been there.

Its all a mater of opinion of course and your welcome to yours, naturally.

I'm with you on Down by the Seaside though,

and I'd pick Hats off to Roy Harper

and Your Time is Gonna Come

and, although it is good, In the Light stands next to In the Evening as a sort of weaker less successful kid brother.

Can't think of a fifth one at the moment.

Sick again seems a bit weak on the album, but live its pretty cool, Trampled goes on a bit

the only ones i dont like are the ones that were never written

I disagree, some of them are absolute belters.

There's one, erm, its obviously got no name as it was never written, but WOW, its like thirteen minutes.

Starts off with the most incredible delicate picking like the Spanish bit on Babe, but with mandolin as well. Then it builds up with JPJ switching to hammond as Bonzo dances around the melody with all these wild off kilter fills and then it just lets rip like the fast bit in Dazed and confused before coming to a sudden stop. Its five minutes in before Percy sings a note and then , well obviously I can't tell you the lyrics because its never been written, but let me tell you, they are really deep and poignant, about something very important that happened in his life, or perhaps it didn't because if it did he would have written the song.

Anyway it builds up with Jimmy layering more and more guitars over Percy's heart-rending vocal before coming to another almighty stop and then silence and you can hear the hissing in your ears.

Anyway you'd love it if you heard it but obviously what with it never being written you will never hear it.

Don't knock it till it exists that's what I say. :D

Candy Store Rock <- The best of the worst. Don't like the intro and the song mostly consists of Oh Baby, baby :rolleyes:

The Crunge <- Don't like the guitar or vocals on this annoying song

Hot Dog <- YeeeHaaaa

Ozone Baby < - See my comments on The Crunge

Down By The Seaside <- My very least favorite LZ song :angry: Makes me feel seasick.

And one more (yes I know that makes 6)

Royal Orleans <-Apparently, it was so bad, I removed it from my library. lol

:lolo:

I absolutely cringe everytime I see a song from Presence listed.

I truly love every single song on the album.

IMO it is hands down the most powerful studio album they ever made.

But as everyone continues to repeat, opinions... :lolo:

This is my list, and it's weird that my favorites are on other people list (i.e. The Rover)

1. Hat's off to (Roy) Harper

2. Heartbreaker ( When Living Loving Maid isn't played after)

3. Living Loving Maid ( When Heartbreaker isn't played before)

4. Bron-Y Aur Stomp ( I been Listening to Jennings Farm Blues non stop lately)

5. Trampled Underfoot ( i just hate how it is mixed)

The Crunge tops this list

Hats Off To Roy Harper

Candy Store Rock

Carouselambra

Down By The Seaside

I am really surprised to read people listing 2 songs I love

Trampled Underfoot and

Tea for One. Robert loves BOTH those songs.

I also love D'yer Maker. It is such a good time song.

I really don't understand Trampeled Underfoot?

Apart from that I'll have to listen to all my albums again to really deside whitch 5 I like the least.

There is one song though that I have a love/hate relationship with and that is "all of my love"

Aren't there any "my 5 favourites" thread?

There are really only 2 songs I do not care for:

1) Hats Off To Roy Harper - This is what I would consider their only bad song.

2) Misty Mountain Hop - I realize this is a favorite of most fans, and that I am in the minority here. I do like the music, but the vocals on this song have always beena turn off for me.

All the rest of LZ's songs I like for some reason or another, though I obviously like some more than others.

Only one.

Fool In The Rain.

BTW, whats with the whistle?

The whistle is awesome.

I seriously like every song, but not all of the time. If I'm in the right mood, I'll love Carouselambra, but right now there is no way I'm going to listen to it. I'm tired and that song doesn't seem enjoyable right now.

Out of 202 LZ songs I have of theirs on my 'puter, there are only 6 of them that I don't care for.

There is a higher percentage of songs I don't like by other artists.

Even though I listed Candy Store Rock on my list, it's still listenable. It's just not my favorite.

The Crunge makes me cringe though and Down By the Seaside makes me seasick.

I'm a HUGE led zeppelin fan... I have been for years. There's more than a few songs that I don't like from them though. Here's my least favorites from each album:

I - Communication Breakdown, Your Time is Gonna Come

II - Thank You, Ramble On

III - Hats off

IV - none

Houses of the Holy - All, except for No Quarter. I especially dislike Dancing Days and The Song Remains the Same

Physical Graffiti - Houses of the Holy, In the Light, Down by the Seaside, Night Flight.

Presence - none.

In Through the Out Door - Hot Dog.

Please don't take this as me being overly critical. It's just my least favorite, and not a recommendation for what anybody else's least favorites should be.

I'll say....

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!

so overrated.. It seems that the reason why people like this it is because it's been played on the radio for quite a long time now and it could be heard anywhere and if you will dissect STH you can hear the parts of it anywhere in LZ's songs. STH is like the whole puzzle and other LZ's songs are the pieces of the whole. But if you come to dig LZ deeper you'll see the band's diversity.. Maybe the reason why D'yer Mak'er appeared on this thread many, many times it's because those people are not a fan of a reggae thing. Maybe people (more likely the fans) are not used to hear LZ do a different thing... I dunno, but I myself love what people put on this thread i.e. DBTS, The Crunge, Darlene, Hot Dog, etc... Remember, learn to appreciate small things first ;) Well, this is only my opinion.

cheers!

Candy Store Rock

Royal Orleans

Hots on for Nowhere

South Bound Suarez

Fool in the Rain

Hot Dog

Carouselambra

Walters Walk

Ozone Baby

Darlene

Bonzos Montreux

Wearing and Tearing

Black Country Woman

Boogie With Stu

^ That's basically my list.

Also, Alessandra, I don't see how you can not like Stairway to Heaven just because it is played on the radio a lot, you don't mention your tired of it but you say the band is deeper than that, yes they are deeper then STH but that doesn't mean it isnt an amazing song and very very well written and crafted.

Archived