My Ringtone

NealR2000

Normally, I have my cell phone ringer muted when I'm in the office, but I neglected to do that today and my phone rang.  I took me a few seconds to get to it, but in the meantime, the office got a blast of the first 15 seconds of When the Levee Breaks.  I work in a pretty conservative environment but nonetheless, I got several positive comments and looks of approval from co-workers.  

When I decided to pick a tune for my ringtone, I looked at all the Zep tracks and came to the conclusion that WTLB was the best, what with that amazing Bonham beat.  Does anyone else here use a Zep tune for their ringtone, and if so, which one?

On 9/7/2017 at 2:12 PM, NealR2000 said:

Normally, I have my cell phone ringer muted when I'm in the office, but I neglected to do that today and my phone rang.  I took me a few seconds to get to it, but in the meantime, the office got a blast of the first 15 seconds of When the Levee Breaks.  I work in a pretty conservative environment but nonetheless, I got several positive comments and looks of approval from co-workers.  

When I decided to pick a tune for my ringtone, I looked at all the Zep tracks and came to the conclusion that WTLB was the best, what with that amazing Bonham beat.  Does anyone else here use a Zep tune for their ringtone, and if so, which one?

WTLB was my top pick too. I've used Kashmir, Custard Pie , Wanton Song. I've also used Bonzos solo ending of Dazed and Confused from TSRTS. That one startles people and makes cats scurry. 

Edited by porgie66

3 hours ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

You can pick a custom ringtone? How does one do this? I am intrigued! I work for myself and can blast away without fear of disrupting anyone else's work.....

Just record whatever song clip you want to use to your phone, assuming you have a smart phone with an audio recording function. You can then save the file as a ring tone. 

• 4 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, Zep Hed said:

Two simple notes: the opening of Good Times Bad Times.

Those 2 notes that started it all !!!!

sO powerful!!   I love the intensity!

I think I also will utilize those very same two notes for  my ringtone!!

Thanks for the idea

• 3 months later...