Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

LED ZEPPELIN OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED BOOK - COMING 2018

Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, Sems Fir said:

Hi Porgie66,

From a different roll, here's more of Bonham.  Note the last few images are of Bonham with the double bass drum set up.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

FB_IMG_1539108117390.jpg

As much as everybody loves Led Zeppelin, why can't we get a website to access to view each of these shots in detail. Why the fuck is that asking too much? I'd like to the same for the shots used for the cover of the 1969 hardback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rover said:

As much as everybody loves Led Zeppelin, why can't we get a website to access to view each of these shots in detail. Why the fuck is that asking too much? I'd like to the same for the shots used for the cover of the 1969 hardback.

Yeah I was hoping someone or the poster who shared this could zoom in or isolate the photos some could see who the mystery drummer is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Rover said:

As much as everybody loves Led Zeppelin, why can't we get a website to access to view each of these shots in detail. Why the fuck is that asking too much? I'd like to the same for the shots used for the cover of the 1969 hardback.

Because then people wouldn't spend £50 on the book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Rover said:

As much as everybody loves Led Zeppelin, why can't we get a website to access to view each of these shots in detail. Why the fuck is that asking too much? I'd like to the same for the shots used for the cover of the 1969 hardback.

Wouldn't like to start a business with you!

Also you'd have every fucker complaining we don't have anything psychical for the anniversary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Rover said:

As much as everybody loves Led Zeppelin, why can't we get a website to access to view each of these shots in detail. Why the fuck is that asking too much? I'd like to the same for the shots used for the cover of the 1969 hardback.

Maybe post this request in the stevehoffman forum. They love doing tedious stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all,

I finally received my LZXLZ book yesterday after almost a week's delay because it was damaged in shipping.

The new one arrived in great shape and I am impressed by the quality of the book itself.

The content is a whole other matter.

If anyone is looking for real insight and unique postings by the band members - you'll be as disappointed as I am.

Other than some un-seen photos and a paragraph here and there from the members there is nothing to scream or whisper home about. Sadly, this is as generic a tome about such an amazing Band as one can get.

Yes, it's cool to look at the new pics, but so many landmark events from the stage years are missing or terribly passed by briefly that it left me wondering how much time Robert and JPJ really put into this project.

And there is nothing to represent any personal life away from the stages to give us insight to their off-time other than the photos we've seen many times before.

There is a cool pic of Robert and two elder gentlemen chatting...

All in all, I put the book down after paging through carefully looking for those hidden gems...I came up with some nice pieces of stone but no rubys or diamonds. Disappointing to say the least.

That said, this photo album to a newbie will be a great possession to own. Especially if they don't have access to the Internet - where many of these photos, and many better ones, can be seen with little effort.

I have many books on Zeppelin, and to me they are by miles the most photogenic band in history. No one comes close.

The LZXLZX50 trip down memory lane leaves me with nothing new and exciting to make a return flight. This is my opinion of course - I'm sure many fans will love it.

Another let down after so much anticipation...does anyone remember the re-masters,,,??

Edited by nirvana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, SteveAJones said:

^^^

Here's hoping they'll include at least one shot we haven't seen before. This is quickly becoming a book for new or casual fans only.

Exactly Steve. I've been on this Train since '69 and there is little in the Book that really excites me. Similar to the O2 concert and the re-re-re-masters, once again they provided a very "garden salad" approach to what should be a fuckin' acid trip!

Edited by nirvana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The O2 concert featured a never before played full length version of GTBT and a never before played FYL as well as the "hits" that everyone expected to hear...what the hell are you whining about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

The O2 concert featured a never before played full length version of GTBT and a never before played FYL as well as the "hits" that everyone expected to hear...what the hell are you whining about?

Yup. Gotta agree with you there ‘78.  

Looking forward to getting the book, knowing I’ve already seen many of the photos - along with others that I haven’t seen, in one collection.  The few that were on cnn.com’s story about the book look great!  Also the caption where Jonsey was saying the bottle of Jack that Jimmy is so famously slugging, was probably his and that Jimmy usually drank Johnny Walker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Led Zeppelin agrees with the old adage: Led Zeppelin fans can't read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Walter said:

!  Also the caption where Jonsey was saying the bottle of Jack that Jimmy is so famously slugging, was probably his and that Jimmy usually drank Johnny Walker...

I'd never attempt to discredit JPJ, but I've heard of several other instances where Page is seen with a bottle of Jack. Especially on stage in 77.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'd never attempt to discredit JPJ, but I've heard of several other instances where Page is seen with a bottle of Jack. Especially on stage in 77.

Plus on one of my 75 boots, I think Plant name checks Jimmy as Jimmy "Jack Daniels" Page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'd never attempt to discredit JPJ, but I've heard of several other instances where Page is seen with a bottle of Jack. Especially on stage in 77.

I hear ya. That’s why I find it interesting. He was in the band after all and seems to be mentally sound.  Who knows? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Plus on one of my 75 boots, I think Plant name checks Jimmy as Jimmy "Jack Daniels" Page. 

Which could be Plant humor for a rare occurrence that he was poking at. I’m not trying to defend anything, it was just a surprise statement to me by JPJ.  But like I said, he was there so he has an edge over any book written by Cole/Davis or anything else that we don’t know about. A picture can be made to imply many things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Maybe it's Ginger Baker?

I guess we'll never know. LOL. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Plus on one of my 75 boots, I think Plant name checks Jimmy as Jimmy "Jack Daniels" Page. 

I actually think that was a direct comment on the Preston pic, which was apparently making the rounds in the media at the time. That was my assumption anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I actually think that was a direct comment on the Preston pic, which was apparently making the rounds in the media at the time. That was my assumption anyway.

I don't specifically recall Robert saying that, but there are Neal Preston shots of Page with a bottle of Jack Daniels on The Starship and backstage in Indianapolis on 1/25/75. Michael Brennan and Charles Auringer both got photos of Page clutching a bottle of Jack Daniels backstage in Detroit on 1/31/75. One of the Auringer shots was published in the April 1975 issue of Creem, but that would not have been on newsstands until circa Feb/Mar 1975. Anyway, it's clear he was drinking a fair amount of Jack during that week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one photo from the Forum in 1977 in the book. No real good shots of the laser show during Jimmy's bow solo, either. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Strider said:

Not one photo from the Forum in 1977 in the book. No real good shots of the laser show during Jimmy's bow solo, either. 😞

There's none in the Jimmy Page photo book from a few years ago either.

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 2:54 AM, Mook said:

Because then people wouldn't spend £50 on the book?

Well, it could be an extra bonus when you buy the book... a "video disc" if you will, where each photograph could be looked at.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:27 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Wouldn't like to start a business with you!

Also you'd have every fucker complaining we don't have anything psychical for the anniversary 

 I answered the second part above. I don't start businesses, I critique them. Psych. B)

On 10/17/2018 at 8:24 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Maybe post this request in the stevehoffman forum. They love doing tedious stuff like this.

If you think wanting to look at the band in detail as tedious, then that's you! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, nirvana said:

Hey all,

I finally received my LZXLZ book yesterday after almost a week's delay because it was damaged in shipping.

The new one arrived in great shape and I am impressed by the quality of the book itself.

The content is a whole other matter.

If anyone is looking for real insight and unique postings by the band members - you'll be as disappointed as I am.

Other than some un-seen photos and a paragraph here and there from the members there is nothing to scream or whisper home about. Sadly, this is as generic a tome about such an amazing Band as one can get.

Yes, it's cool to look at the new pics, but so many landmark events from the stage years are missing or terribly passed by briefly that it left me wondering how much time Robert and JPJ really put into this project.

And there is nothing to represent any personal life away from the stages to give us insight to their off-time other than the photos we've seen many times before.

There is a cool pic of Robert and two elder gentlemen chatting...

All in all, I put the book down after paging through carefully looking for those hidden gems...I came up with some nice pieces of stone but no rubys or diamonds. Disappointing to say the least.

That said, this photo album to a newbie will be a great possession to own. Especially if they don't have access to the Internet - where many of these photos, and many better ones, can be seen with little effort.

I have many books on Zeppelin, and to me they are by miles the most photogenic band in history. No one comes close.

The LZXLZX50 trip down memory lane leaves me with nothing new and exciting to make a return flight. This is my opinion of course - I'm sure many fans will love it.

Another let down after so much anticipation...does anyone remember the re-masters,,,??

My thoughts exactly...missed opportunity. Oh well, let's wait for 100 years anniversary 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...