Gamers?

waterwitch

OK, so I have to confess something.

During the last year, I found myself addicted to video games. OK, one video game in particular.

Now bear in mind that I hadn't even TOUCHED a gaming system since my brother and I got our first (and only) Nintendo one Christmas. You know, the one that came with Mario Bros., and Duck Hunt, and that other game...

So when the guy I was seeing introduced me to Resident Evil 4 on the PS2, I was... amazed. The people actually looked like people! The dual shock controller actually sort of made the shooting realistic! This is fantastic!

So I ended up beating that game... in less time than he had taken playing it and still hadn't beaten it, ha ha... and found myself getting all excited to play other Resident Evil games. Beat Resident Evil 2 too.

Well, now that I'm not with that guy anymore, I also don't have the PS2 around anymore... and I'm having withdrawal. :( Might have to see if I can budget it in next month to buy one. And a copy of Resident Evil 4, of course. Not happy that I'll have to start all over without all the kickass weapons I'd accumulated... but I'll survive. I guess.

So anyway :) There's my confession.

Any other gamers?

Hello! I like RPGs....but they don't even come close to the amount of games I've played over the years.

these are some of my favourites...

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (1 & 2, though 2 sucked in comparison)

The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, as well as the sequel Oblivion

Neverwinter Nights (1 & 2, as well as the expansion packs)

I'm also enjoying Mass Effect quite a bit....

I'd have to say the game that really made me get into video games was the one and only Half Life. By far the most revolutionary shooter of all time.

Hello! I like RPGs....but they don't even come close to the amount of games I've played over the years.

these are some of my favourites...

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (1 & 2, though 2 sucked in comparison)

The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, as well as the sequel Oblivion

Neverwinter Nights (1 & 2, as well as the expansion packs)

I'm also enjoying Mass Effect quite a bit....

I'd have to say the game that really made me get into video games was the one and only Half Life. By far the most revolutionary shooter of all time.

Half Life, eh? What system is that for?

I really liked the setup of Resident Evil 4 as a FPS, but found that other FPS's that are set up more as a "this is what you'd actually see and you have no peripheral vision" weren't as fun. I tried Kill Zone and ended up giving it to my brother in law for Christmas.

Half Life, eh? What system is that for?

I really liked the setup of Resident Evil 4 as a FPS, but found that other FPS's that are set up more as a "this is what you'd actually see and you have no peripheral vision" weren't as fun. I tried Kill Zone and ended up giving it to my brother in law for Christmas.

I like the Wii version of RE4 a lot, really fun...

as for Half Life, originally the first one was for the pc. It came out back in 1998 so it might seem a bit dated now in terms of graphics. You can get Half Life for the pc as well as the PS2, so you might want to check that version out. Also, Half Life 2 came out for the pc and Xbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_Life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2

Yeah, I've been wanting to try it out on the Wii for awhile. I understand the graphics are EXTREMELY tight.

Hey thanks for the link(s)- I might have to check that one out, if I end up getting myself a PS2 that is :) Pawn shops!

I too was hardcore into the original Nintendo. I loved Mario Bros, Tecmo Bowl, Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, etc. Then in college we had a Sega Genesis and it was all about Madden (Madden '95!) and Mortal Kombat. I have a Nintendo Gamecube now, but hardly touch it. I want to get an old-school Nintendo again, they continue to make new systems in Japan that are much more reliable and can play the old Nintendo games...

Resident Evil 4 is the last new game I bought. That was, what, 2004? It's pretty good.

When I have the time these days, I play my ol' Game Boy. The greatest game I've ever played is Blaster Master (for the NES) and I got a version of it for Game Boy for $1.75 off of Ebay, plus $3 for shipping.

One of the greatest achievements of my life. That's going to be on my headstone: "The dude that got the greatest video game ever for chump change'. That was years and years ago. I still haven't beaten it. I can't even make it through the final dungeon to the boss... it's too hard. :ph34r:

Other 'greatest games ever':

Earthbound

Final Fantasy 6

Secret Of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Mega Man 1-6

Mega Man X 1-3

Metroid Prime

Super Metroid

Starcraft

Golden Sun

Kirby's Adventure

Resident Evil 4 is the last new game I bought. That was, what, 2004? It's pretty good.

When I have the time these days, I play my ol' Game Boy. The greatest game I've ever played is Blaster Master (for the NES) and I got a version of it for Game Boy for $1.75 off of Ebay, plus $3 for shipping.

One of the greatest achievements of my life. That's going to be on my headstone: "The dude that got the greatest video game ever for chump change'. That was years and years ago. I still haven't beaten it. I can't even make it through the final dungeon to the boss... it's too hard. :ph34r:

Earthbound

Final Fantasy 6

Secret Of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Mega Man 1-6

Mega Man X 1-3

Metroid Prime

Super Metroid

Starcraft

Golden Sun

Kirby's Adventure

All right! Another RE4 fan! I tell you, that game became so addictive. Did you beat it? Play it with the alternate "costumes?" Play any of the extra games? I was getting downright pissed that I couldn't clear 5 stars with all characters on the Mercenaries game. Damn close, though. Somewhere, the memory card I used is weeping....

Earthbound

Final Fantasy 6

Secret Of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Mega Man 1-6

Mega Man X 1-3

Metroid Prime

Super Metroid

Starcraft

Golden Sun

Kirby's Adventure

You're forgetting Kirby's Super Star, as well as Final Fantasy VII, Terranigma, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and a couple others that I can't think of at the moment.

I'm a big gamer, but this year has been rather odd, I have been having more time into music. But I have over a 100 games and it's all good. I want more games. :(

All right! Another RE4 fan! I tell you, that game became so addictive. Did you beat it? Play it with the alternate "costumes?" Play any of the extra games? I was getting downright pissed that I couldn't clear 5 stars with all characters on the Mercenaries game. Damn close, though. Somewhere, the memory card I used is weeping....

I love shooting guys with the bow on the Mercenary game. Somehow killing things is more fun with arrows than shotgun shells.

I beat in on hard not too long ago.

I've got it on Gamecube so it doesn't have those extra Ada missions.

I love shooting guys with the bow on the Mercenary game. Somehow killing things is more fun with arrows than shotgun shells.

I beat in on hard not too long ago.

I've got it on Gamecube so it doesn't have those extra Ada missions.

Oh, those are the most fun, I think! But yeah, Krauser was definitely my favorite on the Mercenaries game. The only one I couldn't clear with 5 stars was, oddly, Leon! :rolleyes:

If you get a chance to play it on PS2, you definitely should. The Separate Ways "mini" game, I think, is way more fun even than the full game.

• 3 years later...

This year's gamer shopping violence has been RIDICULOUS

("Man put two games under his shirt because his grandson got knocked down and hurt in the rush and he needed his hands to help his grandson. A cop saw and immediately arrested him for shoplifting. The man was cooperating while the cop was putting on the handcuffs. The cop out of no where tripped the man and bashed his head nose first into the ground knocking him out and there is blood everywhere. The cop did not know how to care for the man so someone that was there shopping had to help get blood out the mans airways. This was a K-9 cop already in a bad mood before this happened. "I got the walmart shift"")

more here

http://www.dailymail...-hit-shops.html

("Man put two games under his shirt because his grandson got knocked down and hurt in the rush and he needed his hands to help his grandson. A cop saw and immediately arrested him for shoplifting. The man was cooperating while the cop was putting on the handcuffs. The cop out of no where tripped the man and bashed his head nose first into the ground knocking him out and there is blood everywhere. The cop did not know how to care for the man so someone that was there shopping had to help get blood out the mans airways. This was a K-9 cop already in a bad mood before this happened. "I got the walmart shift"")

more here

from http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/page/content.detail/id/152473/Ariz--grandfather-roughed-up-by-police-in-Walmart-.html?isap=1&nav=5029

"... The police report describes a chaotic scene around a discounted video game stand at the Walmart as customers were made to wait until a 10 p.m. release. About 200 people surrounded the stand and inched closer and closer despite officers warning them to stay back.

"I observed the crowd rush in and attack the cardboard displays with video games flying through the air and the cardboard displays being thrown around and broken completely down flat on the ground," one officer wrote in the report.

Another officer described seeing a man get trampled and helping him to safety, while another officer saw a woman walking away from the stand with a young girl who was crying and holding her mouth in pain.

One customer reported that people yanked three video games from his hands, leaving him empty-handed.

One witness told police that he saw Newman put a game under his shirt and try to get his grandson out of the area, but Newman appeared to just be trying to get to safety without someone grabbing the video game out of his hands.

Police found Newman's 8- or 9-year-old grandson crying after the incident and turned him over to his grandmother, who police described as hysterical.

"The wife was so upset and told me Jerald was just trying to protect his grandson that got trampled in the crowd and just placed a video game under his shirt while grabbing his grandson to get out of the crowd," wrote one officer."

Not really played them much in the last 5 years or so but I used to be a big fan, started off with a ZX Spectrum back in the early 80's and a book that allowed you to program your own games, had a few consols(always preffered Nintendo myself) and then played a few games online. The original Starcraft to start with then the Team Fortress Classic mod for the original Halflife quite seriously for a few years, my "clan" was =BC= that I formed with my brother and we actually ended up winning most of the competisions in europe, no cash though sadly.

A video of highlights my brother made about 8 years ago...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fady_tfc-bodycount_videogames

more here

from http://www.tribune-c...isap=1&nav=5029

"... The police report describes a chaotic scene around a discounted video game stand at the Walmart as customers were made to wait until a 10 p.m. release. About 200 people surrounded the stand and inched closer and closer despite officers warning them to stay back.

"I observed the crowd rush in and attack the cardboard displays with video games flying through the air and the cardboard displays being thrown around and broken completely down flat on the ground," one officer wrote in the report.

Another officer described seeing a man get trampled and helping him to safety, while another officer saw a woman walking away from the stand with a young girl who was crying and holding her mouth in pain.

One customer reported that people yanked three video games from his hands, leaving him empty-handed.

One witness told police that he saw Newman put a game under his shirt and try to get his grandson out of the area, but Newman appeared to just be trying to get to safety without someone grabbing the video game out of his hands.

Police found Newman's 8- or 9-year-old grandson crying after the incident and turned him over to his grandmother, who police described as hysterical.

"The wife was so upset and told me Jerald was just trying to protect his grandson that got trampled in the crowd and just placed a video game under his shirt while grabbing his grandson to get out of the crowd," wrote one officer."

from http://edition.cnn.c...rest/index.html Arizona police vow probe into bloody arrest of grandfather at Walmart

"Chadd estimated Newman was knocked out for about 10 minutes, all the while gushing blood and handcuffed.

Buckeye Assistant Police Chief Larry Hall said Saturday that Newman's case is "basically in the court's hands right now, as far as the resisting arrest and shoplifting goes."

... "Teenagers and adults were fighting for these games, taking them away from little kids and away from my father."

The suspect's grandson, Nicholas Nava, told CNN affiliate

KNXV that Newman had grabbed one video game and put it under his shirt so that others jostling for the game didn't take it from him. One person alerted a police officer, who then approached Newman. ..."

I still have an origianl Atari with a few games. Been thinking about selling it, but my mom won't let me. I also had a Super Nintendo, PS1, and a GameBoy Color. My favorite game is Tomb Raider. I like adventure games. I have (for PC) TR Anniversary, TR Underworld & TR Angel of Darkness. I play them when I have absolutely NOTHING to do which is rare nowadays. But still my favorite game ever.

Archived