Bootleg releases

goldenretreiver157

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

What do we all think the chances are of EVSD releasing the full soundboard for 29.9.71 on the 50th anniversary? Would another release this year follow their normal pattern? 

Unfortunately I'm skeptical that they have any more of the Osaka shows than they've already released.  Whether the rather strange tale of the Bloomington show affects any releases for the rest of the year, I don't know, I hope not.  To be honest, as soon as they release the 2nd Long Beach show, I'm good, I don't really need any more boards (although the 3-25 NQ would be nice).  I'm actually very pleasantly surprised by the new audience shows that have shown up (1st Manchester '72, 2nd Detroit '73), I'm looking more forward to future releases here.

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Unfortunately I'm skeptical that they have any more of the Osaka shows than they've already released.  Whether the rather strange tale of the Bloomington show affects any releases for the rest of the year, I don't know, I hope not.  To be honest, as soon as they release the 2nd Long Beach show, I'm good, I don't really need any more boards (although the 3-25 NQ would be nice).  I'm actually very pleasantly surprised by the new audience shows that have shown up (1st Manchester '72, 2nd Detroit '73), I'm looking more forward to future releases here.

Ahhh! But we know for a fact that they have more of the Osaka 929 soundboard - they released the "Twist & Shout" section from "Whole Lotta Love" on that bonus Beatles tracks CD they put out in one of the 928 soundboard sets!

Seems to me that by the time EVSD get around to putting out the rest of 929, there won't be anyone around to buy it. Methinks they are keeping it back for the 100th anniversary. Led Zeppelin? Who they?? 😁

13 hours ago, nigelss said:

Ahhh! But we know for a fact that they have more of the Osaka 929 soundboard - they released the "Twist & Shout" section from "Whole Lotta Love" on that bonus Beatles tracks CD they put out in one of the 928 soundboard sets!

Seems to me that by the time EVSD get around to putting out the rest of 929, there won't be anyone around to buy it. Methinks they are keeping it back for the 100th anniversary. Led Zeppelin? Who they?? 😁

I hope you're right, I'd love to have Thank You from the 29th on soundboard.

9 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I hope you're right, I'd love to have Thank You from the 29th on soundboard.

Yep he is right. I meant to respond in a similar way, but he beat me to the punch. 
They released a snippet of the WLL medley, no doubt to whet the appetite of collectors. 
They have the full damned thing alright. 

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/ep294-led-zeppelin-vinyl-interview-ross-halfin

Podcast here with Ross Halfin about his upcoming Zeppelin vinyl book. (apols if it's already been posted on another thread)

He says among many other things, that Page has tapes from both Tokyo shows and both Osaka '71 shows.

(hat tip to one of the Zep threads on the Steve Hoffman Forum)

On 8/9/2021 at 12:59 AM, Xolo1974 said:

What do we all think the chances are of EVSD releasing the full soundboard for 29.9.71 on the 50th anniversary? Would another release this year follow their normal pattern? 

I am still confident about a 50th anniversary release by EVSD, it would make sense in every way. If not now, then when?

Speaking of their normal pattern: announcement of upcoming release in early September, collecting preorders til November, shipping early December.

But if EV surprise us with a totally unexpected SB of 923 or 924, I will promise to wait another 3 years for the rest of the 929 SB.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I'm not as desperate for soundboards as I was. With Steve's Stereo Project releases and Graf Zeppelins and Nite Owl releases, they do a fine damn job of making audience recording remixes sound as good as soundboards with some of their releases.

6 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Are we ever going to get the other two soundboards from the '75 Forum run?

I think it's safe to assume they have them, so yes, eventually.  I'd much rather have the 2nd Long Beach show before either of the remaining Forum nights.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:34 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

I think it's safe to assume they have them, so yes, eventually.  I'd much rather have the 2nd Long Beach show before either of the remaining Forum nights.

Precisely. I'd also be curious to see how a 3/12 matrix would turn out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

What are the guy odds of EVSD releasing another board this year? Anyone have any ideas? 

No idea, but unfortunately I think the probability is zero.  I don't think they've ever released more than one in a year.  I'm more hopeful about another audience tape being uncovered.

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

So…are we due another SBD release? Speculation on what it might be? 

They usually do one per year, so yes, there should be one, I'm guessing in the spring/summer.  No inside information obviously, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the 2nd night in LA.  (Yes, I know, we all want the 2nd night in Long Beach, but unfortunately we'll probably have to wait a bit longer.)

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, gcczep said:

Jon Wizardo tapes of For Badge Holders Only?

Led-Zeppelin-%E2%80%93-For-Badge-Holders-Only-Jon-Wizardo-Master-Cassettes.jpg

From Argenteum site: "For Badge Holders Only: Jon Wizardo Master Cassettes is a triple disc set covering a full recording of excellent sounding audience tape for Los Angeles June 23, 1977 show. Previously available as an incomplete double vinyl set released back in the early 1980s, this is the first time, when the full tape has been issued. Since there are no evidence that the real master transfer is shared yet, most likely this title is sourced from a triple acetate set that has been individually issued over the last few months."

8 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Strange, I hope there are just temporarily technical issues.

I tried to contact them, but the two e mails returned,  reported 'undeliverable' by my mail server. Doesn't look too good I'm afraid 🤔

Edited by duckman