Bootleg releases

goldenretreiver157

Anyone heard from Air Raid as to their new website or ordering instructions?

I don't personally have so much of an issue with Moonchild. $11 for a factory-made 3 disc set is a fair price to me! Yeah, I could download it and burn it myself, but like several other people here, I got turned on this through bootleg buying 40 odd years ago. I like a physical copy of a recording. Something I can hold in my hand. I like showing a fellow fan a release they've never seen before. I've probably bought 30 Moonchild titles in the last year, Zeppelin and Beatles mostly, how could I not? Many of the home-burned discs I made 15-20 years ago don't play any more, these give me an opportunity to replace some dates that I have lost, and hear some upgrades to older releases that I haven't chased down at a budget price of less than $4.00 a disc on a 3 disc set (plus postage of course). They're not making a *huge* profit on them, either, obviously, so I don't know what the issue is. Affordable Bootlegs? Yes, thank you!

13 minutes ago, walter's walker said:

Anyone heard from Air Raid as to their new website or ordering instructions?

I don't personally have so much of an issue with Moonchild. $11 for a factory-made 3 disc set is a fair price to me! Yeah, I could download it and burn it myself, but like several other people here, I got turned on this through bootleg buying 40 odd years ago. I like a physical copy of a recording. Something I can hold in my hand. I like showing a fellow fan a release they've never seen before. I've probably bought 30 Moonchild titles in the last year, Zeppelin and Beatles mostly, how could I not? Many of the home-burned discs I made 15-20 years ago don't play any more, these give me an opportunity to replace some dates that I have lost, and hear some upgrades to older releases that I haven't chased down at a budget price of less than $4.00 a disc on a 3 disc set (plus postage of course). They're not making a *huge* profit on them, either, obviously, so I don't know what the issue is. Affordable Bootlegs? Yes, thank you!

Amen to all of that.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:45 PM, pluribus said:

Given that Empress Valley is Moonchild, it's hard to find much to complain about in any area here.

They *are*?

Why would they pirate their own material at 1/4 the price of their regular titles? It seems to *me* that EV is offering a budget line of lesser-priced sets to compete with Moonchild. The three ''Evolution Is Timing'' sets and the "Mike the Mike" double box set, for example, or ''Dark Side of Zingpan'' immediately come to mind. 

Just recieved this Email this AM-- It is unclear if they're going to another website provider, or E-mail lists. I look forward to doing more business with them.

"This is Air Raid.

Thank you for supporting the site for 20 years.

Due to the influence of Covid-19, the provider was closed.

However, AirRaid's business continues.

We are looking forward to your order.

We will contact you by e-mail with information on new music in the future.

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks

Niwa"

• 4 weeks later...

Latest from Niwa (feb. 8th):

Hi,

We are making a list for February stock. 

It does not cover all of our inventory, but we will add it little by little. 

There is a list of Empress Valley Led Zeppelin and Others, Moonchild Records.

If you would like to distribute the list, please contact us. 

I look forward to working with you. 

Thanks

Niwa

I haven't heard since...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 10:57 PM, gcczep said:

Always thought it stood for What The Hell Twins? Other than that, don't know... :)

As of today, there are only five copies left and I hope you get one of them.

What is air raid plz?

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, gcczep said:

ledzep-salvation-through-him-1.jpg

With a mini 1975 Tour Program repro... The Bloomington 1975 soundboard with audience patched to complete The Wanton Song and No Quarter...

My copy arrived last Thursday. Ugly cover and inapt title If you ask me 🤨, but for the rest very pleased with it. No disturbing micro pauzes between tracks (like on their last couple of EV clones, LA Forum 75 and Osaka 71). Wanton Song and No Quarter have AUD patches. The tour program  is blurry though. Older boot reproductions were better IMO. 

1 hour ago, duckman said:

My copy arrived last Thursday. Ugly cover and inapt title If you ask me 🤨, but for the rest very pleased with it. No disturbing micro pauzes between tracks (like on their last couple of EV clones, LA Forum 75 and Osaka 71). Wanton Song and No Quarter have AUD patches. The tour program  is blurry though. Older boot reproductions were better IMO. 

Micro pauses, sounds like evidence of an MP3 source to me.

• 3 weeks later...

This release by Graf is just fabulous. I've always had a a bit of a problem appreciating this gig mainly due to the issue that Trampled Under Jimmy's Foot (SIRA) has a really grating distorted bass sound!! This release was virtually all Source One.

Some years later I secured a copy of Holy CD last part of the gig, Source 2 Millard recording. Oh, how I dreamt of having the whole gig in this kinda quality. Now with the release of GRAF'S 3 source release which contains much of the third source, my dream is pretty complete & I place this gig as one of the best & most enjoyable 1975 Non Soundboard releases available. NQ & Dazed are absolute standouts. James Patrick is burning bright! Seek & Enjoy!!

Artwork - Front.jpg

Artwork - Rear.jpg

Edited by Mattius
adding

14 hours ago, Mattius said:

This release by Graf is just fabulous. I've always had a a bit of a problem appreciating this gig mainly due to the issue that Trampled Under Jimmy's Foot (SIRA) has a really grating distorted bass sound!! This release was virtually all Source One.

Some years later I secured a copy of Holy CD last part of the gig, Source 2 Millard recording. Oh, how I dreamt of having the whole gig in this kinda quality. Now with the release of GRAF'S 3 source release which contains much of the third source, my dream is pretty complete & I place this gig as one of the best & most enjoyable 1975 Non Soundboard releases available. NQ & Dazed are absolute standouts. James Patrick is burning bright! Seek & Enjoy!!

Artwork - Front.jpg

Artwork - Rear.jpg

Hi mate - if you could flick me a link, i'd sure appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Actually - i may have justy got this from Guitars 101. Is this the "David. E mix"? Says that this uses source 3 as the primary source. 

Xolo, flick me a link maaaaaate..... :)