What are you listening (to LZ) on?

chef free

We all love to hear the Mighty Zeppelin, so what set up do you use?

I have an 85 watt Marantz and a pair of Infinity Qbs in the (20'x22') garage, and it sounds good at VOLUME!

But a friend just gave me a pair of ESS Heil AMT-3 Rock Monitors, they were The Shit in the mid '70s. Not speakers for high-end audiophiles but just the thing for '70s rock. Since I mostly listen to '70 rock bootlegs they are perfect. I'm in the process of restoring them, the Heil AMT tweeters work fine but some knucklehead replaced the midrange and (twin 10") woofers with CAR STEREO speakers! I resealed the cabinets and got some Solen capacitors for the crossovers. Next I'll get some speakers to replace those Hella Beat woofers, any suggestions? They were 10", 8 ohm, paper cones in a 2.87 cu ft enclosure matched with a 93dB tweeter.

Usually just my ipod or computer. But when I want to make a lot of noise I use my dad's old stereo from the 70's with a Pioneer turntable and reciver. I don't know what the speakers are because they have no lables, but they are really loud and don't distort. Whatever they are they weren't cheap when he got them.

My turntable. My entire system is Pioneer. My speakers are pretty big too. My dad says that the next step up is a PA size speaker, but I don't know much about that.

when i was 15 a friend that lived six blocks away had these huge pioneer speakers when he opened his window i could hear the music at my house. his walls would vibrate and the windows rattle

Denon home theatre with Energy speakers. Nice system for TSRTS bu mostly it gets used for kids shows! I usually listen to Led Zeppelin on the car stereo. I've got the catalog burned on to a single CD disc.

I have the LP versions of I, III, IV, and Presence that I listen to on my stereo at home, and the rest I listen to on CD. I have Paradigm speakers and a Rega turntable. The receiver's nothing to speak of, heh. I listen to the CDs in my car, and then the rest of the time when I'm not home, I use my iPod.

• 7 months later...

Finally finished repairing those AMT3s and set them up in the garage. Man, they rock like the old days! Got an old couch and a mini fridge (stashed with Pliny the Elder and Green Flash IPAs) AND...

A projector!!!

Too cool! It's like having a 150" TV on the garage door! (with the stereo to back it up)

The Katzeye looks pretty sweet up there.

I have an -aiwa mini stereo at the moment, early 80s pre mini stereos actually. its got a pre amp, which is great for the sound. i think its only 50watts per channel, but its rms and good power to my ears. i have cerwin vega speakrs from the late 80s, of which ive had to buy new woofers. my original amplier broke, an -okyo..which i have stored away. i sent it out for repair and came upon the aiwa and cancelled the repair. they said to hold onto the onkyo amp, that its a good one and ofcourse i was going to. the onkyo is 80 watts per channel and is very loud sound at high volumes, but the aiwa with the pre amp has its own good things with sound...for example it has a "loudness" button, which was the pre-mega bass buttons yet to come.

I would have to say that the best sound is with the aiwa, but the onkyo can blow up the room.

Techniques turntable, Sony dual tape deck, 750 watt (yeah boy!) Sony home theater, JBL towers.

It ain't my old Fisher and Cerwins, but it will move your hair.

And possibly impair your ability to conceive children!

And get you evicted.

Yeah, I mostly use the headphones. :lol:

A 1969 Garrard turntable(sl95) with a late 60's shure cartidge and a custom built preamp driving an old pioneer 2x10 graphic and 100 watt per channel pioneer amp. Speakers are 4 pioneer cs-a5000's run 2 per channel in parallel to load the amp at 4 ohms(I often use a pair of these as monitors when I am mixing down tracks) B)

lol I have to race for the volume at the end of the record because the turntable will feedback like crazy if it's cranked, that old shure cartridge is mega hot and I will never part with it

**edited ** After some research my turntable must be from 69 not 65, either way it was bought new by my dad while stationed in Europe and given to me when I was about 10(mid 70's). I also have a mid/late 80's pioneer but why use that when I have this:

mysl-95.jpg

not my actual turntable but mine is identical except for the dust cover, mine has a flat top with a bulge on the side to clear the weight at the back of the tonearm

I listen on vintage Panasonic Technics gear: got the SL1700 direct drive turntable and matching reciever and amp hooked to 4 huge fisher cabinet speakers... fuckin thing just cranks.

Theres no doubt in my mind that shit always sounds best on period-correct gear.

my comp, just listened to imtod then ,nfbm,hb WOW!!! evan on this they just blow me away. how can anybody not appreciate the talent and power of led zep :yay::notworthy: tomarrow on my stereo [JVC] the older model, it does pretty good..

Archived