Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

I had an authentic Mike Piazza 2000 World Series jersey & lost it. I was a bit pissed--maybe more than a bit--then I realized, I can always get another jersey. 

Maybe I'm just one of those dudes who get mellower with old age. These days, it seems like a lot of people are getting more mellow--I even saw a video a few weeks ago of Tyson & Holyfield sitting down together and chatting it up.... 😏

23 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I had an authentic Mike Piazza 2000 World Series jersey & lost it. I was a bit pissed--maybe more than a bit--then I realized, I can always get another jersey. 

Maybe I'm just one of those dudes who get mellower with old age. These days, it seems like a lot of people are getting more mellow--I even saw a video a few weeks ago of Tyson & Holyfield sitting down together and chatting it up.... 😏

Hey Evander, lend me your ear!

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I even saw a video a few weeks ago of Tyson & Holyfield sitting down together and chatting it up....

Not sure if this is the case because I cannot remember the source, but I saw they (Tyson and Holyfield) are releasing some cannabis candy in the shape of an ear with a bite out of it. Brilliant, and I hope these gentlemen make a shit ton of money off that idea. Isn't it amazing how the passage of time changes perspectives on all things. Getting more mellow I think is part of that.

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I think it's us and most of the people we associate with -- we're all entering the back nine of life, if not already there. Time itself becomes more precious so prized possessions have almost become a chore, constantly having to find, reorganize, restore, insure and store them. I have accumulated so much stuff I'm sure I could lose more than a few things and never even realize it. What's in those boxes? I really have no idea until I open them. Even so, I'm not so old or in failing health that I feel compelled to part with anything, just to contemplate it.    

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I think it's us and most of the people we associate with -- we're all entering the back nine of life, if not already there. Time itself becomes more precious so prized possessions have almost become a chore, constantly having to find, reorganize, restore, insure and store them. I have accumulated so much stuff I'm sure I could lose more than a few things and never even realize it. What's in those boxes? I really have no idea until I open them. Even so, I'm not so old or in failing health that I feel compelled to part with anything, just to contemplate it.    

Boxes!! 🤪

Am I the only one whenever I stop on CNN or one of the other news stations that just roll their eyes whenever another nugget about trying to prosecute Trump is the headline.

If they haven't nailed Agent Orange after all the shit he's pulled, why not just give up on the Teflon Don & maybe Congress can get back to doing something useful, that may actually benefit the American public.

Just a thought... 🤔

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Am I the only one whenever I stop on CNN or one of the other news stations that just roll their eyes whenever another nugget about trying to prosecute Trump is the headline.

If they haven't nailed Agent Orange after all the shit he's pulled, why not just give up on the Teflon Don & maybe Congress can get back to doing something useful, that may actually benefit the American public.

Just a thought... 🤔

The political parties serve only themselves; they couldn't care less about the American public. The witch hunt will continue until he is disqualified from running for President again. That's all this is about and all it has ever been about.

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Just a thought... 🤔

You aren't the only one (although I haven't bothered to watch CNN in years).  TDS is more insidious than Covid as has been evidenced on this forum from time to time.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

I try my best to avoid the news cycle, so I have no idea what the "Jerry Jones" photo is about & something tells me, I don't want to know. But, it must have been something seedy if Lebron took time to elaborate about it.... :unsure:

It was a photo from the 1950's when some African-American children were being sent to a white school and were confronted by some white boys. Jerry Jones is a fourteen year old in the background. Can hardly tell it's him and his not involved in the confrontation, just an onlooker. LeBron is his usual douchebag self, trying to get attention while continuing to be a douchebag. 

Chipped a molar last night. No pain, but it's scraping my tongue. Appointment tomorrow and I have no dental coverage. I'll tell them to go the 'cheapest' route, even if it means extraction. Sucks gettin' long in the tooth. 😣

7 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I was just thinking about albums from the 70s, and how I thought Dark Side of the Moon was always overrated. Then again, I never considered myself a Floyd fanatic, outside of those 3 or 4 albums from 73-79. And after wasting time with The Final Cut, I totally lost interest.... 

...you aren't alone my friend!

35 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I was just thinking about albums from the 70s, and how I thought Dark Side of the Moon was always overrated. Then again, I never considered myself a Floyd fanatic, outside of those 3 or 4 albums from 73-79. And after wasting time with The Final Cut, I totally lost interest.... 

Couldn't disagree more.