Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 11/10/2023 at 4:45 PM, SteveAJones said:

I used to feel bad about letting calls go straight to voicemail, especially if I knew it was someone seeking to "catch up" or "reconnect". You know the great singer John Mellencamp? He of all people changed my philosophy about the phone such that I now have no qualms whatsover about ignoring calls. He said "I have a cellphone but it's for MY convienence".  

I'd really like an isolated place in the country but, and I know this is going to sound illogical, I don't think I could relax not knowing what was out there. I'm fearful about my personal security, especially as I grow older. I suppose I could retain a security detail but that speaks to Bong Man's point about would something complement or complicate day to day living. 

A place like mine?

20200917_063038.jpg

30 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but does anyone here have go to snack foods?

A few of mine...

Tostitos chips and salsa

Wild berry Skittles

Twix bars

Snickers

Sunflower seeds

Sour cream and onion chips 

I get the South Forty sunflower seeds grown in Israel, Argentina or Bulgaria. A 1/2 pound bag runs $4 and the seeds are huge compared to the David & Sons pip squeaks.

Love Twix and Snickers but have to limit myself.  

SOUTH 40 SEEDS.jpg

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but does anyone here have go to snack foods?

A few of mine...

Tostitos chips and salsa

Wild berry Skittles

Twix bars

Snickers

Sunflower seeds

Blue Diamond almonds.  I swear they make them with crack because I'm totally addicted.  

I also like the store-made tortilla chips with salsa or hummus. 

Otherwise, I try not to snack too much.  I eat enough as it is. 

21 hours ago, slave to zep said:

A place like mine?

20200917_063038.jpg

That's sick slave. Magical. We are in suburban Brissie but are hella lucky we have a western aspect and get great sunsets nearly every evening. The yard is big enough for space, but surrounding trees make it look like we are in a small country town somewhere. GREAT privacy so we can listen to tunes and enjoy a joint.

20210221_175056_remastered.jpg

20230620_171238.jpg

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

That's sick slave. Magical. We are in suburban Brissie but are hella lucky we have a western aspect and get great sunsets nearly every evening. The yard is big enough for space, but surrounding trees make it look like we are in a small country town somewhere. GREAT privacy so we can listen to tunes and enjoy a joint.

20210221_175056_remastered.jpg

20230620_171238.jpg

Love it!

We've got chooks, too 🙂

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

A few of mine...

Tostitos chips and salsa

Wild berry Skittles

Twix bars

Snickers

Sunflower seeds

Mersey Valley cheese and bickies

17 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Anybody else notice how there are no protests to stop Russia's war on Ukraine? I wonder why that is?? :Thinking:

or no attempt whatsoever to order a cease fire or a fucking pause or conduct peace talks, no its keep funneling billions of dollars to them and the swamp has been to happy to keep smuggling the money over to Ukraine with no plan whatsoever, sort of reminds me of the  great show Ozarks

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

or no attempt whatsoever to order a cease fire or a fucking pause or conduct peace talks, no its keep funneling billions of dollars to them and the swamp has been to happy to keep smuggling the money over to Ukraine with no plan whatsoever,

Exactly!   I wonder why they can find money for war but they cant seem to find any to fix social security. Instead of funding the war why not take 100 billion and fund social security? The money is coming from the very same place anyway. The American Tax Payer.