2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

Red-hot SF Giants complete convincing sweep of Dodgers, first in LA in more than a decade

The Giants, who hadn’t swept a three-game series at Dodger Stadium since 2012, outscored their rivals 29-8 over the weekend.

😊

9 hours ago, ebk said:

Is that pic from your seats?  Very nice. 

Too bad the game wasn't very nice.  Hope you make it to Berns!

Yes Esther, not nice!  What’s Berns?  Restaurant?  No.  Don’t want the headaches of driving all over.  Flying out this morning .  Mullins and Mountcastle should be back soon I hope?  They say so.  I wonder why they haven’t called up Westburg from Norfolk?  Mateo is stinking up the joint

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

When were you here?  Mr Giants fan.  Can you believe Cincinnati?  At Baltimore Monday

Was never there. Just looking at the Bosch ad. Is the Big Red Machine back? 

BOSCH.jpg

15 hours ago, redrum said:

Was never there. Just looking at the Bosch ad. Is the Big Red Machine back? 

BOSCH.jpg

I doubt that the Big Red Machine is back BUT, they can  certainly win the Central.  I figure they slug it out with Milwaukee.  Atlanta comes to Cincy tonight so they may come back to Earth?  Won 11 in a row though.  Impressive.  My Orioles are home vs Seattle who just clobbered the Yankees.  The Mariners have trouble scoring runs also.  Yankees problems are real.  Tampa loses to KC.  Unreal.  Ill take it though.  O's are right there.  I hope to see Mullins in the lineup by the weekend and Mountcastle also.  

Angels 25-1 over Rockies.  Bautista , the sack of shit,  blows save and then is bailed out by relief pitcher Bauman and then McKenna finally wins us a game with a walk off HR in 10th.  Making up for him losing us one in Boston on opening series of season.  The Orioles take care of bus and win if they have lost two in a row. They now are 17 games over 500.  Hoping Bradish is good today.  Redlegs coming in tomorrow.  A rematch of 1970 World Series.  The “Brooks Robinson series”.  Robbed Bench and Pete Rose on two of best defensive pressure plays of all time in infield 

Both Central divisions are a race of ineptitude.  I actually wish I could stop watching the Tigers, but there is hope if some arms return healthy.  We just might have the best pitching in the AL Central down the stretch.  I'm not sure that will matter though when your best hitter is in the .240s.  I wish Maton would just go away!  

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Did anyone watch the baseball games played in London this weekend? I wonder what the demographics of the crowd were like? Ex-pat Americans? Curious cricket fans? 

Probably more there than the USFL games. 

On 6/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, Strider said:

Did anyone watch the baseball games played in London this weekend? I wonder what the demographics of the crowd were like? Ex-pat Americans? Curious cricket fans? 

Well Bill Murray was there cheering on his Cubs.  At least he probably didn’t get tossed from ballpark like he did at Yankee Stadium !  

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well Bill Murray was there cheering on his Cubs.  At least he probably didn’t get tossed from ballpark like he did at Yankee Stadium !  

John Goodman was there cheering on his Cardinals.  I saw a picture of him with Ozzie Smith.  

Damn Gibson.  I cant wait until John Means is ready.  Then the Orioles wont have to suffer through this guy in the rotation.  Hits a batter on a pitch after being ahead 0-2 and then allows 3 in the first.  He sucks.  From the Sillies.  We have to beat the Twins tomorrow to once again stop the bleeding at 2

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Nothing new from me, the Mets stink & the Braves have already wrapped up the NL East title. I'll just coast through the rest of the season...  <_<

I really feel bad for Buck.  I’m pretty shocked. At least they are not as bad as the Cards who gave up two touchdowns last night.  Not expecting any help from them vs Yankees.  My boys need to beat the Twins before a trip to NY

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I really feel bad for Buck.  I’m pretty shocked. At least they are not as bad as the Cards who gave up two touchdowns last night.  Not expecting any help from them vs Yankees.  My boys need to beat the Twins before a trip to NY

As much as I hope the Cardinals win a game or two against the Yankees (for your sake), it really will not make a difference for the Cardinals in the standings.  My faith in the Cardinals still has not wavered, however, with each loss, my faith in the Cardinals this year is waning.  Regardless of any future outcome(s) this season, I continue to support the Saint Louis Cardinals, in victory or defeat.

Edited by kingzoso