First LP/CD or Cassette album bought

leddy

I think we had this on last forum, anyhow I will kick off, maybe give alink to you tube with a song from the album to help us find out about the band if we do not know already !!.....

AC/DC Back in Black, bought in 1980 when I was 14 yrs old, I had listened to lots of albums before this from my brother in law and friends but this was the first that I owned and bought !!!! The first album with Jono and also their best along with their last album with Bon Highway to hell !!

"Hells Bells" – 5:12

"Shoot to Thrill" – 5:17

"What Do You Do for Money Honey" – 3:35

"Givin' the Dog a Bone" – 3:32

"Let Me Put My Love into You" – 4:15

"Back in Black" – 4:15

"You Shook Me All Night Long" – 3:30

"Have a Drink on Me" – 3:59

"Shake a Leg" – 4:06

"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" – 4:15

Back in Black

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXaZmY52gHM

First album I ever owned: Mariah Carey's "Daydream" (cassette). My mom got it for me for my 10th birthday, which was July 1, 1997.

First CD I ever owned: Mariah Carey's "Rainbow". Not sure if I purchased it, but I got it the midnight it was released in 1998.

First LP I ever owned: Led Zeppelin's "II". I bought it in December 2005.

I can't seem to recall the first albums I purchased :wacko:

First vinyl record I bought

45rpm - Incense and Peppermints - The Strawberry Alarm Clock in '67-'68 5th grade.

LP

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly

First record I considered mine though was "Meet the Beatles". My sister got that from her boyfriend upon release and didn't like it....I snagged it from her !! I was 6 ! :D

First cassette I bought was Led Zeppelin II, in 1970 and I had it on reel to reel release as well...never got into 8-tracks.

These are all to the best of my memory and may not be totally accurate but they're at least close.

First 45:

Chuck Berry "My Ding-a-ling" b/w "Johnny B. Goode"

First album:

Alice Cooper Killer

First cassette:

Almost impossible to recall, although I did buy pre-recorded cassettes the vast majority of my collection is homemade mix tapes. One of my first mixtapes for my car when I turned 16 was one of those 120 minute Scotch brand with ZZ Top's Fandango, Aerosmith's Rocks and maybe some Cheap Trick (Heaven Tonight?) on it. I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere.

First CD:

R.E.M. Green and The Best of the New Riders of the Purple Sage

I got these for Christmas in 1989 along with my first ever CD player.

First Download:

I've been the recipient of many of these though I've never actually purchased or downloaded one myself.

I don't remember ever buying an 8 track we used to have the blanks and we would record albums that way.But you had to be sure that the songs ended before 10 minutes or it

would click over to the next track.And you could always hear your moms voice in the background yelling or something :lol:

I don't remember ever buying an 8 track we used to have the blanks and we would record albums that way.But you had to be sure that the songs ended before 10 minutes or it

would click over to the next track.And you could always hear your moms voice in the background yelling or something :lol:

Ahhhhh.....memories! :lol:

dont really remember what my first album was...it was probably "houses of the holy", but cant say for sure...I do remember when i finally got a disc player, it was (blush) 1990! I was basically doing the cassette thing in the '80's. The first CD I ever bought was of course "Electric Ladyland" ...and if you dont know who did it, then, well, nevermind...only the best album ever made, that's all.

1st 45.... Pictures Of Lilly : The Who

1st Album.... Sgt. Pepper

1st 8 track.... Rough And Ready.... Jeff Beck

1st Cd..... The Cry Of Love : Hendrix

Anyone remember being able to buy LPs in Mono or Stereo ? :D

All of my Zep lps were given to by my dad at one time, he just said here have them, but you break them and you're in big trouble.

My first 45 was Fool In The Rain/Hot Dog.

I don't really remember the first lp I bought.

Archived