John Bonham Or Jason Bonham?

Mr. Big

Yes, certainly no offense to Jason, who did a fabulous job at the O2. But really, if it's a choice between the two . . . .

Again, I have to say, if it's a choice between Bonzo Sr. and anybody, I'm going to have to pick Bonzo Sr. I would say that regardless of the forum in which I was asked. I think he's just the best ever. :D

Led Zeppelin were RP, JP, JPJ and JHB as everyone here knows. You couldn't better or improve on that. However technically and skillwise I think there's little difference between them...Jason is his fathers son. IMO Page, Plant and Jones could only play/reform under the name 'Led Zeppelin' with Jason Bonham as the fourth member. He has 50% of his DNA from John Bonham, therefore Led Zeppelin retain 87.5% of their original DNA....and you can't get better than that...Perfick.

Any other drummer and I would have prefered to see them reform under 'Plant, Page and Jones', or a new band name.

RIP John Henry Bonham.

Kind of a silly poll. :huh: I mean, is anybody going to say Jason? Maybe by virtue of the fact that he is presently alive. But if we're inlcuding past recordings in this, it'll be a shut out.

Well, since Jason told a poster on here that he doesn't visit this site, then I'd say nobody. Of course, I'm pretty sure Jason would say his dad, too. B)

Well, since Jason told a poster on here that he doesn't visit this site, then I'd say nobody. Of course, I'm pretty sure Jason would say his dad, too. B)

No question about it. Not only is Jason a humble guy, but he has nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for his father.

This is a ridiculous question. We're talking about two drummers a generation apart! It doesn't matter how good Jason is (and he's been fucking great every time I've seen him), his dad redefined rock drumming. The greatest rock drummer in history. To quote Mr. John Paul Jones: "So many people don't get get it. The subtleties. They just go boom bash, boom bash." Drumming has taken so many leaps and bounds over the last few decades. Now we have people recommending Dave Grohl to play with Zeppelin cause he has so many tattoos. I miss the old days when the best was plainly obvious. Karen Carpenter! Duh! :rolleyes:

Well, John Henry told his captain that a man ain't nothin' but a man - but before I let that steam drill beat me down, I'll die with a hammer in my hand, I will die with a hammer in my hand!

See, they were singing about him - even before he was born!

Even if Jason were better (which I don't really think he is... although he is pretty great from what I've heard), my undying love for everything musical Bonzo created would prevent me from saying anyone's better than him. Yay for biased fangirls!

But my bias here is totally insignificant because it's based on the truth.

John Bonham is and always will be the best drummer of all time

Jason is in my top 10 i have seen him play a couple of times .He one of the best but to my mind he is the only drummer i would want to see in that seat with Led Zeppelin for any reunion shows. The torch has been passed.

• 2 weeks later...