Sexual Innuendo in Led Zeppelin Songs

The Bomber

that's all right! i Know your sister toooo...

Haha love that one.

"Oh, baby, baby, got my spoon inside your jar."

I thought when I first heard it - for a long time, mind - that it was "got my spoon inside your jaw" :o:hysterical:

"Oh, Rosie [bAM] oh girl [bAM] oh, Rosie [bAM] oh girl [bAM] steal away, now [bAM] steal away [bAM] steal away, baby [bAM] steal away [bAM] little Robert Anthony wants to come and play..." - a bit Pete Townshend, but soo sexy...and I'm a Pagette.

"Been a long time, been a long time, been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time [since I rock'n'rolled]"

So he's been alone, doing what?

Here's one of my favorites outside of Trampled.

Little Robert Anthony wants to come and play.

Well they call me the hunter, that's my name.

They call me the hunter, that's how I got my fame.

Ain't no need to hide, Ain't no need to run.

'Cause I've got you in the sights of my..........gun!

What seals this one is the sound too. It is just as sexy as the innuendos here. You don't have to know what Robert's singing about here to really get it. The groove, guitar, drums everything is so raunchy. Probably as raunchy as early Zeppelin could get.

As far as Trampled goes. There's so many great lines. Here's a few of my favorites. I'll try not to laugh.

I like the way you hold the road, mama, it ain't no sin

Factory air-conditioned, heat begins to rise

Guaranteed to run for hours, mama it's a perfect size

Gun down on my gasoline, I believe I'm gonna crack a head.

There's one line that I'm never sure what it is. It's either

Baby, I could work all night, believe I've got the perfect tools

or the last part is Leave a big pile of tubes.

Can't really tell. I think it changes in some live versions too. Either way it's pretty nasty.

• 1 month later...
Haha! Yeah, my female singer (a hardcore Zep fan) has some issues when we do that song, "Custard Pie". :lol:

"Sing about goin' down on a chick? Aw hell no!" :hysterical:

She steps up and wails it though! B)

She shouldn't have any issues with singing "When The Levee Breaks", as you can take that any way you like.....

"Goin' Down.... Goin' Down Now --- Goin' Down.... Goin' Down Now ...."

Here's one of my favorites outside of Trampled.

Little Robert Anthony wants to come and play.

Well they call me the hunter, that's my name.

They call me the hunter, that's how I got my fame.

Ain't no need to hide, Ain't no need to run.

'Cause I've got you in the sights of my..........gun!

What seals this one is the sound too. It is just as sexy as the innuendos here. You don't have to know what Robert's singing about here to really get it. The groove, guitar, drums everything is so raunchy. Probably as raunchy as early Zeppelin could get.

That would be from The Hunter by Albert King. It's very interesting, in Albert's version when he's singing it, it sounds like a playboy or something, someone very sophisticated, a ladies man. When Robert sings it, it's a whole different vibe.

Though I have still a little problem to understand spoken (or sung) English, I have understood it very well, what Rob is singing on "BBC sessions"- I think it is "Communication Breakdown" and there is such piece from" Lemon song"

"If you don´t squeeze me like I want to

I swear, Iĺl kick you outta bed!"

(or so- I´m not quite sure) :lol:

Oh, you Robbie, you.... :D :D

Though I have still a little problem to understand spoken (or sung) English, I have understood it very well, what Rob is singing on "BBC sessions"- I think it is "Communication Breakdown" and there is such piece from" Lemon song"

"If you don´t squeeze me like I want to

I swear, Iĺl kick you outta bed!"

He probably will, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived