Hypothetically, what shape would a World Tour take?

ISIS

Ok, lets imagine that a World Tour is announced. What shape would the tour take if it started in Sept 08?

Would it kick off in the Far East, then on to Australia, South America, Central America, Canada, Europe and finishing off at home with a run of 10 shows at the new Wembley Stadium in Sept 09?

Any takers??

... here's my take/guess if they tour in '08 and '09: (not sure of it's shape; as I have not connected the dots yet...) :D

Led Zeppelin gather for a press conference and announce in mid summer in the city (Gladsaxe) that started it all stating that the tour will begin on September 7 in Denmark (exactly 40 years after their first gig). From there it will continue in Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Iceland.

After that, they will advance to play more of Europe (Belgium, Germany, France, UK, etc...) , Asia and then the Far East (October- through mid-November).

They will take a two week break and reconvene in England for a week to ten days of rehearsals before flying over to the US for final preparations (more rehearsals with Robert --- since he's been resting his voice after the first leg).

Finally, in early or mid-December '08 - March of 2009, Led Zeppelin will soar through their 2nd Leg of their Reunion World Tour in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Ultimately, Led Zeppelin will continue the 2nd leg of their reunion tour of '09 into South America, Australia, New Zealand and many other first time locations (early April through mid May '09).

In late June/early July of 2009, Led Zeppelin will reunite in the studio to record a new album and tour the world once again in late 09 and well into 2010. Jimmy Page has many demos already recorded (Ocean Way Studios in California and other locations) to present to the group. They finish recording, Mixing and Mastering the album in Septemer/October of 2009. The record is released in December of '09 with a World Tour announced shortly after the release for 2010.

This will be their final tour (2010). The album is called, "Contact" (like the movie, " 2010: The Year We Make Contact". Note: Both 2010 and Led Zeppelin are released by Warner Brothers). However, one off appearances as LZ will continue at their leisure for many years to come.

R B)

As much as I'd like to see them tour, I think at the very least they have to have ONE new song for it, some kind of stretch-out number with some real heft to it--not a throwaway. I really think they should look towards phasing out some of their creakiest songs in favor of modern replacements which serve the same purpose but are more contemporary-sounding and work better with Robert's current range. If they really have any creativity left, I don't think they should feel obligated to keep carrying around all of the old songs in perpetuity, knowing that they will have only so much time in each setlist.

Thanks... (I think) ;)

let's hope Plant shows up...

It wouldn't be a Led Zeppelin reunion without him.

You don't think Plant would do a tour (IYHO)???

:unsure:

I wouldn't want to see them get sued by Ruffles Potato chip company (hey, maybe they could sponsor it if Cover-version, I mean Coverdale did sing)...

R B)

it's really whatever they want to do.

they've always called the shots, and now they have even more control than before, if that's even possible!

they can play anywhere they want, for however long they want, and for whomever they want.

but there won't be a world tour in the traditional sense. The thing is, they barely need to promote it like that to get people to come to their shows. All they have to say is "next week we're going to play in ___(insert city here)___" and then you know millions of people will try to get tickets.

doing a world tour implies a long and drawn out affair that will make them sick of the songs they came up with (some songs are like that already I'm sure). They are the only 3 people who have been to every Led Zeppelin show, and they don't want to over-indulge themselves in repetition.

Archived