Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I went on a blind date awhile ago. its strange just meeting someone out of the blue, so i tried emailing with her, but she doesnt like to email. so we met up, had a conversation, which was a bit forced i guess...wasnt really happening. anyway, i thought we could meet up again and just get to know each other alittle, but she wasnt interested. she said she was getting out of a current relationship and yet she invited me to her church. the "blind date" was through a family friend who goes to the same church. i ran this by my sister in laws to get their opinions and it sounded strange to them too.

So i guess my pet peeve is going on a blind date, getting rejected and invited to a church. :huh:

Actually i appreciated her honesty in not wanting to get to know one another, thats totally cool.

Edited by middlezep

Tommy's Pet Peeve # 506

People that just stand on escalators. Listen one, listen all. I don't know who designed these fuckin things, but I'm pretty sure catering to the laziness of the world wasn't his motive. Its stairs people. You do not just stand on them and wait to get to the top while you mow-down on some shitty enchilada you bought in the mall lobby. You're supposed to walk up them at the same time. If you tried that you'd notice you get to wherever you're going twice as fast.

They're called "moving stairs" for a reason. Static stairs you manipulate yourself. Ones that are automated do the work for you. Rather than whining about people (rightfully) allowing the stairs to move them, why not ask people who are not going to walk up the stairs, to move over so that you can do so. I've found people don't have a problem doing that if you just say excuse me. And if you're laden with shopping bags, perhaps physically walking up a huge escalator, no matter your fitness level, might be a trifle hard.

See? Problem solved.

Tommy's Pet Peeve # 506

People that just stand on escalators. Listen one, listen all. I don't know who designed these fuckin things, but I'm pretty sure catering to the laziness of the world wasn't his motive. Its stairs people. You do not just stand on them and wait to get to the top while you mow-down on some shitty enchilada you bought in the mall lobby. You're supposed to walk up them at the same time. If you tried that you'd notice you get to wherever you're going twice as fast.

Well, we have stand on the right and walk on the left. Not alway's effective but at least you can give someone legitimate shit for not doing the right thing :D

I went on a blind date awhile ago. its strange just meeting someone out of the blue, so i tried emailing with her, but she doesnt like to email. so we met up, had a conversation, which was a bit forced i guess...wasnt really happening. anyway, i thought we could meet up again and just get to know each other alittle, but she wasnt interested. she said she was getting out of a current relationship and yet she invited me to her church. the "blind date" was through a family friend who goes to the same church. i ran this by my sister in laws to get their opinions and it sounded strange to them too.

So i guess my pet peeve is going on a blind date, getting rejected and invited to a church. :huh:

Actually i appreciated her honesty in not wanting to get to know one another, thats totally cool.

I never went on a blind date. I would think it would be easier instead of being awkward because there are no expectations.

You must have proven a need to find God if you were invited to church...lol...or something.

Do i have to have a pet peeve? Someone who makes you question your dignity.

It may sound silly but I detest those house centipedes!! Everytime I want to relax in the basement I have to do an inspection to make sure one won't glide across the floor at warp speed! They're so disgusting and I just found out they can inflict a sting akin to that of a bee. :blink: Wonderful. Looks like I'm gonna have to close off the basement until winter! :D

It may sound silly but I detest those house centipedes!! Everytime I want to relax in the basement I have to do an inspection to make sure one won't glide across the floor at warp speed! They're so disgusting and I just found out they can inflict a sting akin to that of a bee. :blink: Wonderful. Looks like I'm gonna have to close off the basement until winter! :D

lol, i know all about them. I have had them (and all my neighbors do) since living in my current house. They usually appear in April or May and i don't see them past October. I used to get all excited when i saw one but now i barely flinch (when i kill one). Still they are gross and i hate any insects in my house. I had an exterminator here 2 summers ago who sprayed inside and out every month. Does no good. The best way to keep them out is keep the perimeter of your house free of debris, leaves that kind of thing. I live in an area with lots of trees and woods. These suckers are so small nothing can really keep them out.

I've had a few of those and know what you mean. its amazing how you see these things in your periferal vision, like a piece of the floor is moving.

pet peeve- i use my credit card for work sometimes and the bank sends you the payment info with this new envelope with advertisements on it...at first they were fairly easy to remove. but now its like got a sticker on it and peforated for you to remove the rest. i ripped the envelope trying to get this stuff off. a very annoying thing.

lol, i know all about them. I have had them (and all my neighbors do) since living in my current house. They usually appear in April or May and i don't see them past October. I used to get all excited when i saw one but now i barely flinch (when i kill one). Still they are gross and i hate any insects in my house. I had an exterminator here 2 summers ago who sprayed inside and out every month. Does no good. The best way to keep them out is keep the perimeter of your house free of debris, leaves that kind of thing. I live in an area with lots of trees and woods. These suckers are so small nothing can really keep them out.

Yeah you sort of have to go into attack mode with those. I had really bad ants on spring and got some stuff from home depot that worked. sprayed it around the foundation and in the crawl space until the trails of ants stopped. it sort of freaks me out using chemicals like that, but like if your dog get fleas...the frontline product is the only stuff that really works.

my friend works on an apple orchard in vermont and they have to use the pesticides. The organic yield is much much less and thats why those products are so expensive.

Rude fucking people on the phone.I just got off the phone with my doctors' office after having to re-schedule an appointment,and I'm seriously thinking about smacking the shit out of the cunt that handles such matters.It's not that she(?) says anything that's particularly rude,it's the way she says it.She's got this tone to her voice as though she's being so terribly inconvienced just by doing her fucking job.It's beyond businesslike and matter-of-fact,it's fucking obnoxiously rude.

If it was a situation where she was just having a bad day,I'd be happy to cut her some slack,but this shit happens every fucking time I call.I'm not a fucking super hypochondriac,I have to see my doc twice a year,and this happens EVERY TIME!

I know how people can be;I have to work phones in my line of work as well,but I'm NEVER even remotely rude to anyone.Here's a thought,rancid infested cunt:There's a "Hold" button on the phone,USE IT!!!Put 'em on hold,cuss 'em out,then pick it back up.Simple.

If that doesn't work,get another fuckin' job.

Rude fucking people on the phone.I just got off the phone with my doctors' office after having to re-schedule an appointment,and I'm seriously thinking about smacking the shit out of the cunt that handles such matters.It's not that she(?) says anything that's particularly rude,it's the way she says it.She's got this tone to her voice as though she's being so terribly inconvienced just by doing her fucking job.It's beyond businesslike and matter-of-fact,it's fucking obnoxiously rude.

If it was a situation where she was just having a bad day,I'd be happy to cut her some slack,but this shit happens every fucking time I call.I'm not a fucking super hypochondriac,I have to see my doc twice a year,and this happens EVERY TIME!

I know how people can be;I have to work phones in my line of work as well,but I'm NEVER even remotely rude to anyone.Here's a thought,rancid infested cunt:There's a "Hold" button on the phone,USE IT!!!Put 'em on hold,cuss 'em out,then pick it back up.Simple.

If that doesn't work,get another fuckin' job.

That is annoying. I used to work a phone job, and our manager always used to tell us "SMILE. The customer can hear it in your voice." It is entirely possible to be professional and polite at the same time, pity some folks can't understand that.

Oh, I almost forgot. The thing that peeves me today. Men. Not all men, mind you(some of you are quite wonderful)just the ones I seem to find. Why is it, that after you break up, THEN they're all like, but I just realized that I love you...blah blah blah. Really? Because when we were dating, ya treated me very poorly....

Edited by ~Bonnie~

Did you have to go?

It was the wedding of a very close family friend. I wanted to go.

In fact, my dad is the one who "matched" the two who got married. The girl was, in fact, attracted to my dad, but he is, as all men should be, loyal to my mom, so he got the girl and the guy to meet, and those two fell in love and got married yesterday.

My dad also officiated as the Cantor (musical leader) at the wedding (it was a Jewish wedding in every sense), alongside (for the one person here who might know him) Rabbi Neil Sandler.

I was expecting at least one single girl around my age. But not one... at all.

So no, spats, I didn't have to go. But I was invited and I did want to go, because, believe it or not, weddings can, sometimes, be fun, especially when you aren't the only single there.

That is annoying. I used to work a phone job, and our manager always used to tell us "SMILE. The customer can hear it in your voice." It is entirely possible to be professional and polite at the same time, pity some folks can't understand that.

Oh, I almost forgot. The thing that peeves me today. Men. Not all men, mind you(some of you are quite wonderful)just the ones I seem to find. Why is it, that after you break up, THEN they're all like, but I just realized that I love you...blah blah blah. Really? Because when we were dating, ya treated me very poorly....

I'm sorry :( His loss!