zeppelin drawings

Katuschka

Thank you very much!

I'm very careful with doodling as well. When I don't like it, I immediately draw so many lines over it that it isn't visible any more (^^).

I'm now posting the promised "last four" and I remembered, that I had another Jimmy-doodle for sure, which isn't among the four... I need to look it up, because I think it was one of my favourites...

Yay, this was the first Manga-Jimmy I ever drew (and it came out so well!) It is still one of my absoluuuute favourites! Ha, I love to write stuff next to my pics... Ah, I remember that this was the first lesson of a lecture ("Text- und Auffühurngsanalyse" = "Analysis of Texts and performances") and the "teacher" told us, we should write a short text about a performance we had seen in the last three months in theatre. My friend and I didn't see even ONE performance and were both sulking in our seats and both stopping to write down the stuff she said and then I started to draw this Jimmy... (Long story, sorry!)

rl-jimmy-black-poppy-man.jpg

Ahaha, my first tries on the dragons... I have one Jimmy-drawing in the Dragon Suit from the back and I remember drawing those two dragons some time before it (sort of a slow approach...). When they came out so well, I also drew a dragon onto the table in the "AudiMax" and the next time I was sitting there, someone had written the words "Nice" below it. I was so happy!

rl-dragons.jpg

Jonesy and Bonzo. I drew both of them, after I did the first Jimmy. The words "Bonzo doesn't like this" refers to the text we should write for the lecture (we ended up going to the theatre especially for it, seeing Czechow's "Three Sisters". The play was great!)

rl-bonzo-jonesy-need-a-smoke.jpg

Ah, I love the expression of this Bonzo! This is really rare for me to say, that I think I got him on this one...

rl-bonzo-69.jpg

So, I now am going to look for that lost Jimmy...

'till then! ^^

Keep your artwork coming!

• 2 weeks later...

D'uhhh, I need to post this, though it wasn't drawn by me but by my best friend. I asked her permission to do this, because every time she wants to post here on the forum, her computer won't let her, so...I'll do it for her.

Well, she scetched the idea in summer already but did the drawing yesterday. Well, when she first showed me, my cigarette fell out of my mouth (seriously, like a bad joke in film...). Ah, I love it! I love how she drew them... Especially the '77-Jimmy with the shades... Hmmmm...

Ok, no more talking, here it is:

jimmurs-and-the-kids-manon-chan.jpg

Enjoy! Hope you like it!

D'uhhh, I need to post this, though it wasn't drawn by me but by my best friend. I asked her permission to do this, because every time she wants to post here on the forum, her computer won't let her, so...I'll do it for her.

Well, she scetched the idea in summer already but did the drawing yesterday. Well, when she first showed me, my cigarette fell out of my mouth (seriously, like a bad joke in film...). Ah, I love it! I love how she drew them... Especially the '77-Jimmy with the shades... Hmmmm...

Enjoy! Hope you like it!

Whoa! :o That's amazing! :notworthy: Thanks for posting!

:peace:,

Jo

Enjoy! Hope you like it!

How's it going "racchan?" THIS IS A GREAT DRAWING! I call it "The many faces of James Patrick Page." ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Martina, my friend who drew this, sends her thanks!

Oh, I so much love her Manga-Style...

So, now I'll post the last of my doodles (but anyway, new semester started and there will be more doodles coming...)

Well, when I was looking for the "lost Jimmy", I found that I didn't scan all of my last doodles. Now I did, and I'll post them now (there are six of them).

Oh, uhm, well, yes. Robert in a dress... Compare it to the photo with Roy Harper. Damn, that man got legs, really... I think I captured him okay.

robert-in-red-dress.jpg

This is a '79-Jonesy, when he had his hair like that. This hair-style (and the one in '72) fit him so well! (plus: my doodle doesn't really look like him...Sorry)

jonesy-79-i-think.jpg

Uh, another Jimmy. I so much love that shirt! (Together with all the others ^^)

jimmy-travel-through-time-and-space.jpg

Ah, a day, before I doodle this, I was watching the "Story of the Yardbirds" including their gig in Frankfurt in 1967. The announcer introduced each of the members and when introducing Jimmy, it looks like if Jimmy chews around on a chewing gum with a bored look, but then it sounds as if somebody from the audience calls his name and he nods and smiles...

jimmy-chewing.jpg

This is the Jimmy I was looking for. I really like how his hair came out on this one - and the expression. It is one of my favourites...

jimmy-beautiful-hair-again.jpg

Alright, there is only one more... And I need to draw new stuff (with ink and colours...) and first, fnish those two Jimmys I have lying around. And how about a band-drawing? Ah, I need new ideas...

And the last doodle from last semester...

I don't really like this one, it didn't come out so well. But when you can't erase, then you can't correct anything... Anyway, '69-Jimmy (tired looking?)

jimmy-69-leather.jpg

And now, that was it! Oh, I just remembered, that I have a realistic drawing I wanted to post. So, next time then...

Oh, uhm, well, yes. Robert in a dress... Compare it to the photo with Roy Harper. Damn, that man got legs, really... I think I captured him okay.

robert-in-red-dress.jpg

Uh, another Jimmy. I so much love that shirt! (Together with all the others ^^)

jimmy-travel-through-time-and-space.jpg

This is the Jimmy I was looking for. I really like how his hair came out on this one - and the expression. It is one of my favourites...

jimmy-beautiful-hair-again.jpg

Hey I really like these, great captions indeed (Sehr gut) :D:thumbsup: , uh and Robert in a dress, nice :) , uh and love Jimmy in “the shirt“ :P

I don't know what you study, but maybe you should do something with art, I think it fits you!!

Here's one i'm still trying to finish (Yet I guess I must be lazy and I haven't really finished it. I think the last time I worked on it was before school started :blink: )

DSCF7446.jpg

And here was a fast sketch of Robert :wub:

DSCF7444-1.jpg

Sorry that they're blurry, the camera was dieing at the moment so I had to take these fast!

Thank you, Magenta!

Naw, I'm not studying art, but ... well, you can't really say it in English, something like "Theatre-, Film- and Media-science". The problem is, I'm not so varied in my drawings. I'm okay with my Manga-Style, but I really can't draw backgrounds for example. Or landscapes, still lifes and stuff. And also, I can only draw, when I'm in the mood for it. Now, I haven't been in the mood for about more than a month - there was nothing new comming to my mind, no good ideas...

Plus, I'm halfway happy with the theatre and film thing I study (uh, just remembered I had a test tomorrow - and not studied yet...)

Communication Breakdown, the "Song Remains the Same"-drawing is especially lovely!

So, I promised one realistic drawing, and here it is. I don't know, when I did this, but it was about a year ago... I used a photo as reference and I was really happy with the drawing at first. But when I look at it now... (this is why I didn't post it sooner...) But I like it. Honestly. I think I got his face in a way... And I managed to make the guitar look really good, I think. Btw, I REALLY would want to have shoes like that (my father had a pair almost exactly looking like that, but of course he trashed them somewhen in the 80s...) Ok, no more babbling...:

rl-jimmy-burlington-vest-sitting.jpg

Wah, I need to draw... Really need to... But studying comes first today (haha...)

'till then!

Thank you, Magenta!

Naw, I'm not studying art, but ... well, you can't really say it in English, something like "Theatre-, Film- and Media-science". The problem is, I'm not so varied in my drawings. I'm okay with my Manga-Style, but I really can't draw backgrounds for example. Or landscapes, still lifes and stuff. And also, I can only draw, when I'm in the mood for it. Now, I haven't been in the mood for about more than a month - there was nothing new comming to my mind, no good ideas...

Plus, I'm halfway happy with the theatre and film thing I study (uh, just remembered I had a test tomorrow - and not studied yet...)

Communication Breakdown, the "Song Remains the Same"-drawing is especially lovely!

So, I promised one realistic drawing, and here it is. I don't know, when I did this, but it was about a year ago... I used a photo as reference and I was really happy with the drawing at first. But when I look at it now... (this is why I didn't post it sooner...) But I like it. Honestly. I think I got his face in a way... And I managed to make the guitar look really good, I think. Btw, I REALLY would want to have shoes like that (my father had a pair almost exactly looking like that, but of course he trashed them somewhen in the 80s...) Ok, no more babbling...:

Wah, I need to draw... Really need to... But studying comes first today (haha...)

'till then!

I love this one! They are all really nice, racchan.

Thank you, Magenta!

'till then!

Thanks! And I have to say, your drawing of Jimmy above is real good, I wish I can draw bodys like you :( I need to practice that more! I an only draw faces.

Oh, my dad had a shirt like Robert's from the Roayl Albert Hall performance, he said he paid like 90 rubels (Which was like 100 bucks!) for that shirt!

Thank you, Magenta!

'till then!

That's a mighty fine drawing of Jimmy, racchan! :notworthy:

:peace:,

Jo

Thanks to you all ^^

I did a Jimmy yesterday (instead of studying) and at first I really liked the drawing. When looking at it today again, it looks horrible. I have to re-draw it, I can't live with it looking so ugly...

Oh, you should keep that realistic drawing in mind, I'm sure I shan't ever do it again - or at least not for a long, long time... ^^

CommunicationBreakdown, I would give a lot of things to own a shirt like Robert's in RAH, your father should REALLY treasure it!

Ah, there are a lot of Zep's clothings I would want to have (it would even be enough, if it only looks really close...). Always, when my best friend and I look through Zeppelin photos (which happens often), we always shout out, which clothes we would want to have. (I'm glad nobody else can hear us when we do...)

Enjoy! Hope you like it!

:lol: Cool idea.

Is your friend also a fan of Manga?

Woah, I haven't been online here for long (since I didn't draw... *sigh*...)

Aen, those two new are gorgeous again! Lucia can be happy ^^

Katuschka, yeah, my friend is into Manga as well. We both egg each other on to draw more (but I can't at the moment... Only University doodles, and those don't really count). We also read the same Mangas...

I need to draw. Really need to. Oh my...

Hi everybody! Long live LedZep!This is my first post.

You're all very good painters, and I liked expecially Katuschka(the Jimmy at pag 4 is wonderful(well.. as alwais!)), Sugarplum, BUK, Chell, Peep Solero, Diana Loura, Blair27(ohmy.gif ) and others drawings. I like also all the manga style, and the aen27 ones(I guess you're a stylist!).

sooooooo.......I should be scared, but I'm not tongue.gif and here is my contribute

jimmypage1.png

You're all very good painters, and I liked expecially Katuschka(the Jimmy at pag 4 is wonderful(well.. as alwais!)), Sugarplum, BUK, Chell, Peep Solero, Diana Loura, Blair27(ohmy.gif ) and others drawings. I like also all the manga style, and the aen27 ones(I guess you're a stylist!).

sooooooo.......I should be scared, but I'm not tongue.gif and here is my contribute

jimmypage1.png

Hi :wave: welcome to the forum, and wow I love this, as an artist and a Pagey fan. And you couldn't have made a better first post-'73 Jimmy, :thumbsup: You've captured his gorgeousness beautifully.

Well done and welcome, hopefully more of your work to come :)

jimmypage1.png

I am very happy you like mine. I like yours very much. I can even see which picture it is from it's so perfect :D . I too will be interested to see more. Welcome, too! :D