Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kidmoon

Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

368 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

Dazed & Confused bow solo -- it's so unique from everything else anyone has ever done. It gives me shivers up my spine! :D And I also love the solo from Thank You (BBC Sessions) -- it's so emotional it brings tears to my eyes! :tears::D

I voted for "Other" because "Dazed and Confused" wasn't on the list. I love all the others though. ;)

G'day All

What about the Boogie Mama Jam in the middle of Whole Lotta Love on the Song Remains The same?

Regards

Pagie

Voted Since I've Been Loving You, but I think the live version from Madison Square Garden 1973 is better, including the solos (opening solo and main solo).

If I had to pick just one it'd have to be no quarter from TSRTS, although the one in stairway from the movie is great too. Most of his solos are brilliant(when he was on his game,but I've also heard some bootlegs that I really wish I hadn't listened to)

Voted 'other' because it's a toss up for me between 'Tea for One' and 'I'm Gonna Crawl' for studio versions. Next time I come here though, I'll likely have two more favourites as Pagey hits the spot so often

If I had to pick just one it'd have to be no quarter from TSRTS, although the one in stairway from the movie is great too. Most of his solos are brilliant(when he was on his game,but I've also heard some bootlegs that I really wish I hadn't listened to)

I've always known that most guitarists at that time had their "not so good" performances , often as a cause of alcohol/drugs etc, but I always thought Page was above them. Maybe I've been a little credulous :P

I've always known that most guitarists at that time had their "not so good" performances , often as a cause of alcohol/drugs etc, but I always thought Page was above them. Maybe I've been a little credulous :P

Michael Des Barres, although based on the entirety of his quote I believe was exaggerating to an entirely stoned degree himself (castles?), referred to Page as "the most stoned guy in the room".

Michael Des Barres, although based on the entirety of his quote I believe was exaggerating to an entirely stoned degree himself (castles?), referred to Page as "the most stoned guy in the room

Hahah, that I do not have any trouble imagining ;)

Edited by Ivar

Achilles Last Stand

No Quarter (Almost any live version, I can get around his sloppy playing in '77)

Stairway (Again, live because the studio version has just been thrashed to death although it is superlative.)

Heartbreaker

Since I've Been Loving You

Tea For One

I'm Gonna Crawl

In The Evening

Over The Hills and Far Away (live)

I Can't Quit You Babe

Trampled Underfoot (live)

Black Dog

Lately I've really been appreciating In My Time of Dying; that almost takes on a life of its own :)

I found Tea For One touching and Ten Years Gone pretty. As per your choices, STH is my favorite.

STH for me..still think it's the most beautiful ballad that takes you in so many directions IMHO

Why didn't you put the solo from Achilles Last Stand on there?

That's my favorite followed by "Stairway" and SIBLY.

Stairway To Heaven is the best alround solo

Since I've Been Loving You creates the best atmosphere and mood

Heartbreaker is the most defiant

Whole Lotta Love is the coolest solo ever

Dazed and Confused is the best played loud