Design Your Own Led Zeppelin Room

SteveAJones

Here's a few ideas for you Steve. How about some memorabilia from some of Zep's famous stays including The Edgewater Inn and The Continental Hyatt House. Not sure how you could locate these things, but since it seems you're well connected, I have faith in you. Other good ones would be from the Royal Orleans and from their stays in Japan where they caused quite a ruckus.

Unfortunately all of the hotels you've mentioned have undergone extensive renovations

since the Led Zeppelin era. I was at the Royal Orleans in October.

I do recall they threw a refrigerator off the balcony of the Edgewater Inn and Peter

Grant (if I'm not mistaken) went livid because he had several bottles of wine inside it.

If they can find the Titanic they can find that fridge!

Hoe Kasabe may have some nice mementos from the Japanese tours.

Unfortunately all of the hotels you've mentioned have undergone extensive renovations

since the Led Zeppelin era. I was at the Royal Orleans in October.

I do recall they threw a refrigerator off the balcony of the Edgewater Inn and Peter

Grant (if I'm not mistaken) went livid because he had several bottles of wine inside it.

Hoe Kasabe may have some nice mementos from the Japanese tours.

Maybe just some napkins, coasters or anything else from these hotels that has their name on it would be good. If you find something quite unique, then even better.

Now don't forget the shark tank!

I think making a post of all the items you're heavily considering for this room would be a good idea. Put them in some sort of sensible order. Also a general design of the room would be good too. The farther along you get, the more specific you can be.

According to Cole, it was Robert.

And according to Cole, some fishermen also immediately took it out of the water.

Funny that someone should post this topic. I'm in the Home Theater industry and had once created a very quick rendering of a Zeppelin themed theater to illustrate to people that we can produce any kind of themed room.

The image on the left wall is basically a 3-D version of the inside of Zeppelin II plus some other Zeppelin symbols thrown in that I've created.

Mural_rock.jpg

Funny that someone should post this topic. I'm in the Home Theater industry and had once created a very quick rendering of a Zeppelin themed theater to illustrate to people that we can produce any kind of themed room.

The image on the left wall is basically a 3-D version of the inside of Zeppelin II plus some other Zeppelin symbols thrown in that I've created.

Mural_rock.jpg

Good job ledrim, That display would have sold me. I'm gonna have to re think my original idea. this is a great thread for spurring the old imagination

Mural_rock.jpg

Duh, oops! :blush:

There would be lots of jewel tones (reds, rich blues, greens, golds etc.) with a Moroccan/clubby feel to the decor. Fluffy scatter rugs and interestingly shaped chairs and sofas you could sink into, in groupings, with lots of pillows. Not too matchy but very comfortable. The killer sound system, plasma tv, bar, complete audio/DVD collection would be there of course; with memorabilia throughout (I would put smaller things like ticket stubs, pins, photos, etc. under glass along the bar; and maybe make some collages to put around the room; framing larger things-posters, t-shirts, programs etc.; for the walls).

Your so quick to spend my money! Let's all get together at The Yale Hotel this summer.

Everyone on my Friend's List and many other's here who are not. So many good people

on this board who love Led Zeppelin.

Back to the topic...exploring the space.

More details on the Yale Hotel, please. Dates etc...

In my old appartment I had a Led Zeppelin Room, posters, CD s all the vinyl s, displayed, magazines, and other zeppelin related stuff, and DVD s, in my new appartment I am moving to soon, there will be a new zeppelin room, as the collection has grown,looking forward to that. At the moment they are in boxes, and suitcases....................................

More details on the Yale Hotel, please. Dates etc...

1300 Granville St

Vancouver BC

Canada

info@theyale.ca

Great blues bar in downtown Vancouver

Live acts and open jams

sometime in the summer July would be good

BTW, Fully stocked bar and your buying the first round :P:D

Last week I got a pool table installed in my basement, ending about a 20-year drought of not owning one, and the first piece of artwork I put up was the Song Remains the Same poster I got with the DVD. Next I will be ordering the Zeppelin pool cue, which will look incredibly cool in the wall rack. Next will be the installation of a TV so I can put on the Zep DVD and TSRTS and hone my draw shot at the same time! Gotta get those Zep beer glasses too, now that I think of it. I'll just keep adding stuff...it's going to be fun. :thumbsup:

A couple of months ago i saw this segment on cnbc, on a speaker company from kansas which developed some material for a speaker system. The base looks like a regular speaker and on top is this material between two stands. Apparently these speakers are amazing and the company saw soemthing like 250% growth last year. Only thing is, the cheapest set of speakers they sell is $20,000.

My Zeppelin Room would have the best audio system money could buy plus all 4 walls covered with video monitors that could change the ambiance in a second- you could have 1 wall each dedicated to a Zepper, showing various images of them in shows, backstage & home life. And then the monitors would change- you could then pretend that you were at MSG in July 73 by having the front wall playing the TSRTS movie while the other 3 walls showed the audience next to & in back of you (of course a special panel in the ceiling would open & a mirror ball would come out) & the same thing with the Earls Court & Knebworth portions of DVD.

If only money was no object :sigh:

(gotta play Mega Millions on Tuesday- $220 million jackpot!)

Steve,

You will need one more beer tap for the bar. Please save a space for the Belgian White Summer Wheat Ale. No Zeppelin lounge will feel complete.

"Hoegaarden" on tap would do the trick ,, "Blue Moon" would work as well. My room needs to get a whole lot bigger than I thought :D

Archived