Images conjured up by Zepp songs

The Bomber

Robert Plant. Robert Plant. Robert Plant. I see Robert Plant when I hear Led Zep. When I think of Led Zep. :rolleyes:

LOL. But why not? That haunting beautiful wail is Roberts Plant's.

OK The drums are a killer no one has that kind of effect on my eardrums as Bonzo's snare.

Jimmy The Riffer - need I say more?

JPJ is on the sidelines but Led Zep sound is not complete without JPJ's base.

STH - me smoking pot .... ahhh peace

The Ocean - a lot of people smoking pot

Black Dog - me and a lot of people smoking pot

...dunking my oreo on 2% milk. :blink:

The intro to I'm Gonna Crawl reminds me of nightlife in Paris. (I used to live in France)

It would make such a perfect music video, the opening shot shows the full moon, and then goes down on the Paris streets as the intro plays.

p129831-Paris-paris_by_night.jpg

How Many More Times- 60s spy intrigue.

I see a menage a trois pillow fight between Austin Powers, Illya Kuryakin, and The Pink Panther.

What Is And What Should Never Be- This one is strange. I always visualize soap bubbles foaming from Robert`s mouth and filling the room and my head.

Travelling Riverside Blues-Jimmy Page cat pussy-footin` down the sidewalk ala Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever style

:hysterical: That is the coolest thing I've ever heard of... :hippy:

(Sorry, though, Jimmy has way more cool that Tony Manero... )

Thanks Suz and Sunchild

Reggie, its not what we are smoking but what we dropped in the 60s/70s.

You should try Oz hydroponic, don't need anything else.

By the sounds of it some are still indulging.

I dropped a few myself, I preferred Gold Top Mushrooms from the North Coast of NSW.

Just like the one (but bigger and more powerful) Robert munched on in The Rain Song off TSRTS.

Tea for One makes me think of Robert walking into a little cafe alone. In my head he just sits there reading a paper sipping his tea.

Confession: I am afraid when I get a car wash. I liked the old carwashes with the swirly cloth pom poms dancing all over your car. Now they have these sinister robotic arms jerking around, looking like they're gonna kill you! Today I listened to Tea for One in the car wash, and it helped. I pictured the exact same thing you did, and didn't feel so bad!

I know, I am flakey as hell. :wacko:

It's okay to be flaky. My friends say that I'm as flaky as a snowman.

For When The Levee Breaks I see Robert sitting on top of a huge hill with Maureen with his arm around her trying to comfort her. I always see it with Robert, I don't know why though. Maybe it's because he is the one singing.

Confession: I am afraid when I get a car wash. I liked the old carwashes with the swirly cloth pom poms dancing all over your car. Now they have these sinister robotic arms jerking around, looking like they're gonna kill you! Today I listened to Tea for One in the car wash, and it helped.

Now isn't that a coincidence I did exactly the same thing yesterday.

Which is now today in the Northern hemisphere.

I am a traveller of both time and space who is both dazed and confused.

I have a reversed one....Whenever I go into the Hot Pictures of Jimmy (etc) threads or I just start thinking about how sexy he is, the instrumental bits of Black Dog that start at around 0.40 and 2.40 start playing in my head...

Bron-Yr-Aur - I'm sitting atop a little hill at dawn in lovely, bucolic Wales, just loving being there.

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp - I'm sitting atop said hill in Wales surrounded by a group of friends and we're all laughing and singing along to this while someone plays it on the guitar

(I swear one day I will live my over-romanticised dreams of Wales and move up there and marry a farmer :D )

Tea for One - I know it's Robert's song, really, but I think about those pictures of Jimmy from the late '70s, dark hotel rooms, heroin, paranoia. Or sometimes I imagine myself dying of a drug overdose.

Out on the Tiles - hitch-hiking along some sunny country road and singing into the sky (it's in the lyrics)

Good Times Bad Times - walking past the guy who wrote a song for me and was apparently besotted in me, whom I so rudely began to ignore because he wanted to follow me everywhere. And yes, I do feel guilty about it.

THe Battle of Evermore - giant misty canyons with medieval warriors on horseback thundering in from each side.

Nobody's Fault But Mine - exactly the same as Tea for One

^nobodys fault but mine... it can be a self empowering song, the power of the music is elevating with that great groove (one of led zeps best), its exploring the dark with the searing and ferocious guitar thats for sure. But again, it can be positive.

Hmm, I don't think I picture anything, I am too engrossed in the music itself to think aboutu pictures. I'm too busy listening to chord Jimmy hits, every word Robert screams, everytime Bonzo hits the drum, and whenever Jonsey backed everyone up on the bass.

Their music creates so many pictures... The Rain Song may be my favorite one for that. I see all sorts of rain falling when Jimmy plays. Soft little drops shining in the sun, than a heavier rain that's still somehow life bringing, then a real storm with wind, Bonzo brings the thunder and even the lightening, then the storm starts to move away, the rain gets softer again, you can see little circles expanding in puddles and hear the drips falling from the tress, the sun breaks through, but the thunder still sounds in the distance.

It's so beautiful, sometimes it makes me cry.

Hmm, I don't think I picture anything, I am too engrossed in the music itself to think aboutu pictures. I'm too busy listening to chord Jimmy hits, every word Robert screams, everytime Bonzo hits the drum, and whenever Jonsey backed everyone up on the bass.

Funny,it's when i get engrossed in it that the fantasies come to me,it's the natural effect of the music for me (I'm not a pot head) I have one for almost every song,i'll share a few more.

Tea For One-Well everyone here apparently has some images in their head when it plays,so here i go,I'm in a hotel room,crying,lots of drugs around me,i look out the window,i wonder whether or not to kill myself,for most of the song i'm battling in my head,i can almost hear the paranoid ramblings in my mind,,the solo i just like a flood of tears,sometimes and overdose,it's a beautiful song.

Achilles Last Stand-This ones cool,it starts off at the end of a show,"Thank you,thank you!",we get into our limo's and ride off,i'm with a groupie,except i love her for more than her boobs,we get to the hotel,and my girlfriend persuades me to go for a joy ride in a ferrari,we're driving damn fast,and we fly clean off a bridge into the sea!But not before hitting many,many rocks on the way down,we're drowning,we're desperately trying to get out,struggling to get out of those damn seat belts! (I don't know why i'm wearing a seatbelt,i just am) Long story short,i make it out alive,she doesn't (The whole drowning thing happens in the solo) I just sit on the rocks,looking at her dead body,in total depression,with a good few broken bones,i lie there,trapped,it's raining,i'm dying and i look to the sky wondering if anyone will save me,i'm there for about a day,i consider killing myself (Who hasn't considered killing me?) with a knife that i have for some reason,eventually (The vision comes around that part with all those overdubbed guitar break) a helicopter saves me and i survive.

During the outro i'm at the girls grave with a rose.

WLL-*CENSORED* (Dirty,dirty thoughts)

Archived