The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

Sorry Suz....I was at work. At this point, we all should chip in for airfare, fly to Toronto, kidnap Spats, force him to fuck a hooker and then take turns whacking him in the balls with a frozen trout.

Damn girl, you're really going all out for spats, aren't ya? :huh:

You know he doesn't like girls hinting about what they want (ya know, all that "game playing" stuff some girls do), so here you are telling him straight up that you wanna whack his balls!

That's awesome! :thumbsup:

Fwiw,.. I think he's gonna respond very positively to your overture. ;)

You should have gone. A girl with a new boyfriend will always want to show you off to her friends. It has NOTHING to do with auditioning you. She's excited she's found someone she likes and she wants to share that excitement with her friends. And guess what. She actually expects you to do the same with her to your friends. She expects you to show her off to your buds. Why? Because she hopes you feel the same way about her. It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with testing you or putting you on display or auditioning. Because believe me... if she really likes you, she isn't gonna care whether or not her friends like you, too. And she won't care if you don't like her friends. And she hopes you won't care if your friends don't like her or she doesn't like your friends. It's literally just a way to say "this is why I'm so happy." She's sharing her happiness with her friends.

Now, they may be testing you, but that's completely independant of what the girlfriend herself wanted. You should have considered that.

Spats?... You there?

Sorry Suz....I was at work. At this point, we all should chip in for airfare, fly to Toronto, kidnap Spats, force him to fuck a hooker and then take turns whacking him in the balls with a frozen trout.

I just about spit out my coffee visualizing that. :lol::lol: The trout thing is just plain weird. At least with the hooker part he could get it from someone who would not create any unrealistic expectations.

Thanks for the response, spats.

You seem to be saying that you feel you've matured with regard to the fact that you're now willing to consider dating someone who's not "drop dead beautiful" whereas before (5 yrs ago) you wouldn't have been willing. In other words, you're saying that a woman's looks is not the main thing you evaluate about a woman when you're considering dating her. Is that fair to say?

If so,.. that would be a sign of maturation.

If, that is, that was actually the case. But ask yourself: "Is that really the case? Am I being truthful with myself when I say that? Or is a woman's looks still the first and most important thing that I evaluate when considering if I might want to date her?"

If you've really matured in that way,.. as opposed to simply seeing yourself as having matured in that way.. why do you constantly express in this thread your desire for a "hottie"? The frequency with you indicate that you are still focused on going out with a "hottie" seems to suggest that you haven't actually matured in the way you'd like to think you have. The infrequency (never) with which you cite other qualities you look for in a woman (like intelligence, sense of humor, kindness, compassion, adventuresome spirit,..or whatever) also seems to suggest that you haven't actually matured in the way you'd like to think you have.

You might wanna give that some thought, bud.

Be honest with yourself, dude. Admitting your flaws and shortcomings is crucial if you really want to grow and mature. As long as you continue to deceive yourself, you're not going to actually grow and mature.

Here's a suggestion; do with it what you will. You might wanna start to examine more realistically (and honestly) what it really is that you want in a girlfriend/partner. Nobody with eyesight is completely oblivious to the physical appearance of others, but people with some degree of maturity recognize that "looks" are only skin deep and that there are so many other things about a person that are so much more important than physical appearance. People with maturity recognize that "attractiveness" is about much more than mere physical looks.

So,.. what do you really want in a woman, spats? You can get clear about that by prioritizing and then re-prioritizing what is you're looking for in a woman. I suggest you keep re-prioritizing until "looks" is no longer in the top 5 qualities you're looking for. If you can accomplish that much.. even if just on paper (but hopefully eventually in your heart too),.. you will have started the process of maturing into a more-healthy adult.

Ya gotta start somewhere, muh-man. ;)

:hippy:

No, looks are still the first thing i notice and want. But while the girl from New Years wasn't Beautiful, she was cute. And she seemed like a nice, cool girl up until the hinting routine. So i still would have gone out with her. 5 years ago i would not have been open to that. I think that's something. :D

Can anyone here really say that looks are not in their top five wants when it comes to a boyfriend or girlfriend? :blink:

What do i want in girlfriend?

- I want her to be pretty.

- I want her to be nice.

- I want to her be fun and hopefully make me laugh. (it's hard to find a woman that can make me laugh)

- I want her to be very independant

- i want her to be assertive

- I want her to be intelligent

How's that?

If I have to explain, you'll never understand. Sounds cliche', but it's true.

PLUS THE FACT THAT I'VE ALREADY OUTLINED IT TO YOU A THOUSAND TIMES.

:lol:

Well it depends on what you mean by "real man" and "right woman".

Come up here Elizabeth. I am a good guy. I wouldn't wait on you or anything but we could still get along. Don't bring a hooker or fish though. :D

But it isn't bowing down. It's called being chivalrous. It's called caring for her and caring about her.

Do you know what that means? When the girls hooked up with those guys, they didn't know them very well. Then the girls got to know those guys, and the relationship was over. In fact, it makes the guy look really bad, so you shouldn't feel so envious or whatever.

The only reason they don't then come back to you is because of who you are and what you believe. To them you are also a jerk... just a different kind of jerk.

And therein lies your problem. You seem to want teenagers. Forgive me if I admit that I thought you were a teenager or at least not older then 21. But the kind of women you want are not at your age. Those women are maturing. You say it's been... what... 2 years since your last girlfriend? The reason is because the women you are going after are mature and they want a gentleman.

Plus, you don't want to settle down, get married, have children, etc. Believe it or not, that is your other problem. At 20 years old, I can tell you that most women in their late 20s are looking to settles down, have children, etc. Because once you hit your late 20s, it's time to get a job and start thinking about your future... not your present or your past.

And at 20 years old I only know that because my Dad did NOT start think about his future until he was in his late 30s. Now, he's 45 years old, and he's only just started doing what he wants to do. Oh, he's making it through his career quite fast, but because he's really, really good and a very friendly person.

Listen to that and start thinking about your future.

That's not it at all. :o I hook up with women in my age range. Not that much younger.

I am not looking to get married and have childrne. It's just not in me to do that. I still want to have fun. I realize that wehn women reach a certain point that's what they want but that's not in the cards for me. That's not for everyone.

"Show off the boyfriend" night, eh? Her words, or yours?

If you didn't have confidence and esteem issues, this wouldn't have bothered you. Again, it's all about you, you don't care about making anyone else happy. It's all about what you will and won't do. She was right to dump you.

I just didn't want to be put on display. I wouldn't have known anybody there other than her and one of her girlfriends who i already did not get along with.

You should have gone. A girl with a new boyfriend will always want to show you off to her friends. It has NOTHING to do with auditioning you. She's excited she's found someone she likes and she wants to share that excitement with her friends. And guess what. She actually expects you to do the same with her to your friends. She expects you to show her off to your buds. Why? Because she hopes you feel the same way about her. It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with testing you or putting you on display or auditioning. Because believe me... if she really likes you, she isn't gonna care whether or not her friends like you, too. And she won't care if you don't like her friends. And she hopes you won't care if your friends don't like her or she doesn't like your friends. It's literally just a way to say "this is why I'm so happy." She's sharing her happiness with her friends.

Now, they may be testing you, but that's completely independant of what the girlfriend herself wanted. You should have considered that.

Dude, if the friends don't like you then there is just gonna be difficulty. If my friends didn't like a girlfriend i had it just wouldn't work because my friends are important to me and i have known them for a long time. Longer than i have known the girlfriend.

Well she definately wanted to show me off. I don't think i am god's gift to women so i don't know why she wanted to but i didn't like the sound of the whole thing. Again, i wouldn't have known anyone there for the most part. I would have been way outnumbered. if i had some friends there it may have been different.

Come up here Elizabeth. I am a good guy. I wouldn't wait on you or anything but we could still get along. Don't bring a hooker or fish though. :D

If you think I would come up there to do anything more than point and laugh at you, you're sorely mistaken.

I don't date, eat, see movies with or fuck guys like you. I'd rather fuck a cactus.

You are so far out there Spats, it's unreal. Your girlfriend simply wanted her friends to meet you. And no, you wouldn't have known anyone there, that's the idea...to MEET them. Your girlfriend wanted her friends to meet you, and you refused to go? Who the hell does that?? Of course she dumped you, anyone would have. I'd dump a girl in a second if I was like, "hey, we're gonna meet up with my buddies, they've been wanting to meet you", and she was like "uh, no, I don't like the idea of that at all, I'm not going". I would rightly think that she had some real fucked up issues, and bye bye.

No, looks are still the first thing i notice and want. But while the girl from New Years wasn't Beautiful, she was cute. And she seemed like a nice, cool girl up until the hinting routine. So i still would have gone out with her. 5 years ago i would not have been open to that. I think that's something. :D

Can anyone here really say that looks are not in their top five wants when it comes to a boyfriend or girlfriend? :blink:

- I want her to be nice.

- I want to her be fun and hopefully make me laugh. (it's hard to find a woman that can make me laugh)

How's that?

You left out "rich."

You are so far out there Spats, it's unreal. Your girlfriend simply wanted her friends to meet you. And no, you wouldn't have known anyone there, that's the idea...to MEET them. Your girlfriend wanted her friends to meet you, and you refused to go? Who the hell does that?? Of course she dumped you, anyone would have. I'd dump a girl in a second if I was like, "hey, we're gonna meet up with my buddies, they've been wanting to meet you", and she was like "uh, no, I don't like the idea of that at all, I'm not going". I would rightly think that she had some real fucked up issues, and bye bye.

If a guy refuses to meet my friends, I will dump him. It's important to me that the important people in my life know how happy I am and who is making me that happy. If the guy can't be bothered to do something as simple as meet my friends, he can go fuck his hand.....that's all the action he's getting from now on.

If you think I would come up there to do anything more than point and laugh at you, you're sorely mistaken.

I don't date, eat, see movies with or fuck guys like you. I'd rather fuck a cactus.

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Sorry..but that was too fucking funny!!!

Spats has not a hope in hell.

It's not that i never wanted to meet her friends. That's insane. You have to at some point. Just not under those circumstances. I would if it was a more level playing field. if i had some friends there,etc. then i wouldn't be all by myself.

- I want her to be nice.

How's that?

Your list points out what you want. When you start with yourself and change how you appraoch the relationships you'll be better off. You sound like you are throwing a temper tantrum. Chill out and chicks will start to find you attractive. --Dude have you ever tried therapy. You are worth a fortune to some shrink. Just think of all the great drugs they may prescribe.

Your list points out what you want. When you start with yourself and change how you appraoch the relationships you'll be better off. You sound like you are throwing a temper tantrum. Chill out and chicks will start to find you attractive. --Dude have you ever tried therapy. You are worth a fortune to some shrink. Just think of all the great drugs they may prescribe.

Nathan was asking me what "I" wanted in a girlfriend. I was just listing the things off.

Spats would drive a therapist insane. He would be the biggest challenge of their career. The therapist would be calling his therapist buddies to come watch from behind a two-way mirror..."guys, you aren't going to believe this dude, I can't get through to him AT ALL". They'll be doing the same thing we are...trying to figure out if you're the most formidable and unbreakable intellect they've ever encountered, or simply the biggest dumb-ass ever.

Remember the episode of the Simpsons where everyone in town joins that cult, and the cult recruiters spend half the episode trying to break Homer down? At one point they think they've encountered the strongest and most unbreakable will ever, because they can't brainwash him. Of course, it's actually because Homer is so dumb, they just couldn't get through.

Spats would drive a therapist insane. He would be the biggest challenge of their career. The therapist would be calling his therapist buddies to come watch from behind a two-way mirror..."guys, you aren't going to believe this dude, I can't get through to him AT ALL". They'll be doing the same thing we are...trying to figure out if you're the most formidable and unbreakable intellect they've ever encountered, or simply the biggest dumb-ass ever.

Remember the episode of the Simpsons where everyone in town joins that cult, and the cult recruiters spend half the episode trying to break Homer down? At one point they think they've encountered the strongest and most unbreakable will ever, because they can't brainwash him. Of course, it's actually because Homer is so dumb, they just couldn't get through.

It's just a combination of things. That type of nervousness ya get on the first day of school or the first day of camp where you are not gonna know anyone. All the attention would have been on me where her friends would be sizing me up. I didn't get along with one of her girlfriends so i was wondering if she bad mouthed me to her other friends and they already had these ideas about me. A combination of things.

Archived