The Women Thread

Hotplant

I have some Levi's 512's that have these really cute little flaps over the back pockets and a bit button on each pocket's flap. I love them!

I got them at a regular department store--one similar to Kohl's. (I know you guys don't have the store I bought them from.)

I tried these on last fall, but they only had a 6.5 in them, so I was crushed, but Zappos.com has them in all sizes:

And I totally have to HAVE these:

6220-370638-d.jpg

4974-358053-d.jpg

I don't know which color I'd prefer, but it seems like picking one color is like picking between my children! :o

I bought these today.

I had to do it.

HAD to. :bagoverhead:

I've been growing my hair out.

I told my hair dresser that I wanted it to be long, and she laughed at me and told me I was a trip because my hair was already past my bra strap across my back.

That's about where it was on me. I could reach up behind my back and grab it....aside from that, I have moderately curly/wavy hair, and it was getting knotted and tangled and looking really unprofessional....so I love what I have now.

I really hate it when it gets too long to do anything with it.

My hair is actually very thick. I have thick, heavy, fine straight hair. My dad was full blooded Nez Perce. It's extremely hard to damage and extremely hard to get it to do anything except for lay there, straight.

My mom and sisters always get mad at me when I cut my hair short becuase they say I got the good hair, LOL.

how can it be heavy and thick and also fine? :unsure:

My hair is fine. What is meant by that is the size of each individual hair. I have a TON of hair, but because it is heavy hair, it looks like I don't have as much as other people. It's fine, as in the diameter is very small, and I have so much that my hair is considered thick. I have more hair than many people who have very "poofy" hair, but mine is so heavy that it is just dense.

It takes me about fifteen minutes to blow-dry my hair so it just looks dry. It's usually not actually dry even though it looks dry.

Most people who have fine hair don't usually have very much of it--I have more hairs on my head than most people. LOL

My hair is fine. What is meant by that is the size of each individual hair. I have a TON of hair, but because it is heavy hair, it looks like I don't have as much as other people. It's fine, as in the diameter is very small, and I have so much that my hair is considered thick. I have more hair than many people who have very "poofy" hair, but mine is so heavy that it is just dense.

It takes me about fifteen minutes to blow-dry my hair so it just looks dry. It's usually not actually dry even though it looks dry.

and I thought there was only thick hair and thin hair, learn something new every day I guess

LOL

I want to go and get a pedicure.

My feet have been hidden for months, I don't wanna scare anyone when I start wearing sandals again.

Truthfully, I wish some men would use pumice stones and foot files. LOL Some of them desperately need a pedicure. :P

LOL

My feet have been hidden for months, I don't wanna scare anyone when I start wearing sandals again.

Truthfully, I wish some men would use pumice stones and foot files. LOL Some of them desperately need a pedicure. :P

You said it, sister.

LOL

Once a truck rolled over my foot and peeled my big toe nail off and when I was a kid my thumb nail was pulled off in my grandmothers old ringer washing machine :o

Once a truck rolled over my foot and peeled my big toe nail off and when I was a kid my thumb nail was pulled off in my grandmothers old ringer washing machine :o

YEOWCH!!!! That's one heck of a manicure/pedicure, Dzldoc!

And in other news, I just have to share... my parakeets had babies about a month ago. The mommy bird has been sitting on eggs off and on for about a year, and every so often I stick my hand in the box and take 'em out, because they never actually hatched. (They take about 28 days or so.) About three months ago, one of my parakeets died and I got a new one. Apparently this one is not shooting blanks. ^_^ So I went to retrieve the old eggs one day and found live, warm, squirming, fetus looking things, instead.

Here is a photo I took a couple of days ago of the 5 fledglings we have. They finally look like budgies, with feathers and everything... I'm so happy they all survived. They're so damn cute!

2380649474_c718b517c6.jpg

^ROFL

I have NEVER done that.

I've tried on prom dresses and homecoming dresses and black formal dresses to wear for orchestra, but never bridal dresses. :lol:

My shoes are supposed to be delivered today via UPS.

I actually picked out the bridesmaid dresses for our wedding, does that make me a total homo? My wife and I were browsing bridal magazines, and I said "hey, how about this one?" And it's the dress we wound up going with!

You were that involved with your wedding? :o I have never known a guy I don't think that ever browsed through bridal magazines. My buddies left it ALL up to the women. They wanted no part of it.

Archived